• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

A service idea - sell premixed Dash

Dr.Crypto

Hey everyone,

I just had an idea for a service that might reach some audience.
So, Dash's flagship is the Darksend technology, which allows to mix coins with other users in a trustless fashion while reaching great levels of anonymity.
The main difficulty right now is that this process can take quite some time, depending on the amount of Dash to mix, and how many other users are available for mixing. I think this may actually disappoint new users.

Now, what if it was possible to "buy" premixed Dash? We could imagine some business whose main activity is to sell Dash that it has continuously been Darksending, in exchange for a fee. What I'm describing is pretty much the purpose of a regular bitcoin mixer, except: 1/ the fee could remain pretty low due to the low cost of Darksend itself, 2/ the coins could be "guaranteed" to have been mixed with a certain number of Darksend rounds to achieve high anonymity, and 3/ the transaction could be instant (or pretty much).

I believe this could have a positive effect on the number of people using Darksend. Also, it could help convincing people coming from other cryptos. For instance, one could perfectly start from scratch by paying with bitcoin through Shapeshift or some payment processor, and receive in exchange fresh, anonymous Dash.
Finally, in this configuration, we could even imagine other cryptos using the Dash network to mix their other coins: for instance, one could use this service to obtain anonymous Dash from, say, LTC, then convert back to the coin of their choice, if that's what they use the most... until they realise they are better off with plain anonymous Dash and stick to it?

Though I might have overlooked some stuff (the main concern I have right now is that you'd have to "trust" that business to actually deliver you the coins, which is what you lose from using Darksend yourself), I think this shouldn't be so hard to implement (inclusing the conversion from/to other cryptos) and could greatly benefit the Dash ecosystem (especially on attracting new users). So feel free to take this idea and monetize it! (especially those already providing masternode hosting service, e.g. orangecycle, scratchy).

To be honest:

I never have used Dashsend yet so basicly I dont have any idear if theres really a need for it. But i guess since you started this post there is.

Currently i have a lot to do with my cloud service and other projects im running.
But I will follow this thread up and will dig deeper into it.

But currently the cloud service im running has only a small amount of masternodes managed by it < 10. So far away of helping to speed up the mixing of Dashs.

Hi Dr Crypto
Excuse me for a newby's question, but if Dash is 'mixed', what does that mean? That many smaller transactions originating from many wallets join together to form the transfer rather than just from one wallet to another?

So I have been reading on another forum, 'mixing' makes the transfer of Dash more anonymous and can take up to 2 days? Can it really take that long?

Hey everyone,

I just had an idea for a service that might reach some audience.
So, Dash's flagship is the Darksend technology, which allows to mix coins with other users in a trustless fashion while reaching great levels of anonymity.
The main difficulty right now is that this process can take quite some time, depending on the amount of Dash to mix, and how many other users are available for mixing. I think this may actually disappoint new users.

Now, what if it was possible to "buy" premixed Dash? We could imagine some business whose main activity is to sell Dash that it has continuously been Darksending, in exchange for a fee. What I'm describing is pretty much the purpose of a regular bitcoin mixer, except: 1/ the fee could remain pretty low due to the low cost of Darksend itself, 2/ the coins could be "guaranteed" to have been mixed with a certain number of Darksend rounds to achieve high anonymity, and 3/ the transaction could be instant (or pretty much).

I believe this could have a positive effect on the number of people using Darksend. Also, it could help convincing people coming from other cryptos. For instance, one could perfectly start from scratch by paying with bitcoin through Shapeshift or some payment processor, and receive in exchange fresh, anonymous Dash.
Finally, in this configuration, we could even imagine other cryptos using the Dash network to mix their other coins: for instance, one could use this service to obtain anonymous Dash from, say, LTC, then convert back to the coin of their choice, if that's what they use the most... until they realise they are better off with plain anonymous Dash and stick to it?

Though I might have overlooked some stuff (the main concern I have right now is that you'd have to "trust" that business to actually deliver you the coins, which is what you lose from using Darksend yourself), I think this shouldn't be so hard to implement (inclusing the conversion from/to other cryptos) and could greatly benefit the Dash ecosystem (especially on attracting new users). So feel free to take this idea and monetize it! (especially those already providing masternode hosting service, e.g. orangecycle, scratchy).
I am sure this idea has been thought of by ~1001 people (just a number), and even myself I thought of this before... But it won't work. Unless someone who has no clue how DS works would buy "mixed DS Dash" from some third party who might be deceiving their customers by saying they have anonymous Dash..

The reason i'm saying it won't work because the difference between Dash and Bitcoin is Btc consumers depend on a third party to mix their coins, while Dash consumers have all the tools in their possession to do it themselves. If a "Dash mixer service" can mix their coins, so can I or any Dash users, because it just means that Dash mixers find enough mixing users online... and if that is the case, everyone else can just open their wallets and click on the button "Start Darksend Mixing" .. No need to waste your money paying someone else do it for you, which they might not have done it.

Back