• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

A possible way to "catch" the burnt funds & incentivize community writers.

TheDashGuy

This was something I came up with after Evan asked me to propose a solution as opposed to simply bitch about everything, he has a point, and I am taking him seriously.

"There should be a bounty system built that has a public key available to watch the budget be spent for this specific stuff, completely transparent at this point and we can send Dash "rebates" to the actual authors of these articles thus creating a whole market where its incentivized to write a good article about Dash. Once we don't need this anymore it can be voted out and we have seen the ROI with our own eyes. We can watch how successful each article is in the real world and judge for ourselves.

It's really not a hard problem to solve if you put your head to it.

This is essentially a presidential election that never ends, no? Lets run it like a grassroots campaign and just toss on incentives and then you have a decentralized autonomous marketing team.

Pay $40-75 (or more?) per "quality"* article and everyone will be very happy to do their research and do a dash write up.
*The quality should be determined on DT per article/by "micro" vote of the community. Just like a state law would be approached or something like that.

Pros of this approach: transparent, measurable, decentralized, incentivizes a whole network of people to get involved.

Pros of a single company doing it all behind the scenes (trying to be fair here) : Might happen faster, might be cheaper, might be "better quality"

I would love to hear some arguements against this idea and some constructive feedback about ways to save this money from being "wasted" as everyone seems to keep saying.

There are pelnty of ways to spend a few thousand bucks that would go a very long way. Above I attempted to outline a sort of "community quality article bounty" system if you will and I would love to explore other similar grassroots/decentralized solutions, as I do not believe running to some old school centralized organize is going to just "save" Dash from our supposed "pr problem". Only the community getting up and participating will do that.

It's really not a hard problem to solve if you put your head to it.

As you have been said earlier - the problem is not to write article - the problem is to publish it so it can get thousands of proper readers.

Do you have experience in this area? Well, I wrote a good article - https://dashtalk.org/threads/evolution-of-money-cryptocurrency-self-published-dash-mentioned.5624/
Please could you publish it with "do it yourself" approach (without spam) so it can reach at least 10.000 readers? Please do it and you will better understand why "do it yourself" is not always a good and effective idea.

I certainly didn't write my medium article FOR tips but it wouldn't have hurt my feelings to receive some! ;P

But I'm sure you would put more time and effort into proper write ups more often if there was a bounty program out there, right? We don't need this stuff handled behind the scenes. PR company or not. Obviously the voters agreed or they wouldn't have voted it out in the first place.

Sound like bribe authors to write something good about DASH.

How can you decide which article get the prize if there is many article writing about DASH?

Back