• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

A little Twitter tip, for those who tweet

amanda_b_johnson

Hi, all. I've just seen on Twitter this great article published by Joel Valenzuela (@thedesertlynx) on CoinTelegraph -- you know, the one about Dash being used on Purse.io more than Ethereum is.

I also noticed that several Dash fans tweeted the article on their own, rather than simply re-tweeting CoinTelegraph's original.

If I may, I'd like to posit that retweeting CoinTelegraph might have been a better choice. Reasons being:

1 - When you tweet out an article yourself rather than retweeting the source, it makes the source's tweet look less popular than it actually is. Whereas CoinTelegraph's tweet could have had 35 or 40 retweets, it instead has only 29, because there are a bunch of original tweets from Dash fans instead.

2 - Retweeting CoinTelegraph's article probably would have made it look more appealing to your followers ("Wow, 40 retweets? Must be good."). But posting it on your own maybe makes it appear less appealing ("Only one like and no retweets? Huh, maybe not worth my time.")

3 - Retweeting the source also sends a message to that source, which is: You should keep publishing things about Dash. Let's give outlets like CoinTelegraph as many retweets as we can to incentivize them to keep publishing about us. Remember -- news outlets are for-profit businesses and they will publish more of what sells.

Alright, just my two duffs. Thanks for reading and have a wonderful day.

Back