100 DRK active member lottery! - Winner drawn, congratulations DieCommieScum!

Lzeppelin

Feb 27, 2014
This lottery is part 2 of my 100 DRK giveaway, only 50 DRK have been given out so far. To qualify for this 50 100 DRK lottery you must be registered to the forums by 11:59 EST March 23rd and at 4/9/14 at 1 PM EST have at least a 0.75 post per day average. I will then compile a list of all qualifiers and assign each username number and a random number will be generated to indicate the winner.

(I know this is not provably fair but I don't know how else to do it, if you have any suggestions on the way to generate a winner please post it.)

I'll match his 50. So 100 Dark. <-- (You can quote me on that.)
Thanks to drkadmin this is now a 100 DRK active member lottery!

edit:
I've compiled a list of all eligible members:
  1. mahowi
  2. the_darkness
  3. hiddendark
  4. DieCommieScum
  5. HammerHedd
  6. 24601
  7. phryed
  8. zXm
  9. TanteStefana
  10. Enzwell
  11. MrMime
  12. patrolman
  13. LimLims
  14. ErrorId
  15. Loki
As stated in the rules the drawing will happen at 1 pm EST in exactly one hour. I will then send the winner a PM and announce it here. The winner will have 3 days to reply with their address or another winner will be drawn.

Last edited by a moderator:

MrMime

Foundation Member
Mar 9, 2014
Thanks so much Lzeppelin, can't wait to learn more about the dark =)

pvkt

Mar 11, 2014
This lottery is part 2 of my 100 DRK giveaway, only 50 DRK have been given out so far. To qualify for the lottery you must be registered to the forums by 11:59 EEST March 23rd and at 4/9/14 at 1 PM EST have at least a 0.75 post per day average. I will then compile a list of all qualifiers and assign each username number and a random number will be generated to indicate the winner.

(I know this is not provably fair but I don't know how else to do it, if you have any suggestions on the way to generate a winner please post it.)
Well thank you guy,
I dont think im eligible for this. I just signed up today. But its very generous. Thanks for helping put us on the map.

Lzeppelin

Feb 27, 2014
Well thank you guy,
I dont think im eligible for this. I just signed up today. But its very generous. Thanks for helping put us on the map.
Yep you are, you just have to be signed up by 11:59 EST on March 23rd. :)

edit: be registered to the forum.

mattmct

Mar 13, 2014
I can't get enough of Darkcoin, so this looks like a good place to hang out also! lol

eizh

Mar 13, 2014
Let's see if I'll make it. I'm going to be away from civilization/internet for 3 weeks.

DieCommieScum

Mar 9, 2014
Must say i'm impressed at how quickly this forum is coming together, this community oozes innovation with this being a fine example.

Rux

Mar 9, 2014
Liked the forum design from the start.... good to be here :)

guys are very good, they will help ya

bon4ire

Mar 21, 2014
wanted to see if there was a darkcoin version of bitcointalk.org, and here I am :)

Looking forward to seeing DRK lead the way to the top.

zXm

Mar 22, 2014
Long time lurker on the bitcointalk forums. Looking forward to contributing to the DRKCoin community here.

Xe9c8QzQa9gQa42JDcwSbTxMAigdHEW6m7

the_darkness

Mar 22, 2014
Thanks for doing this. We really need to find some kind of incentive to encourage people off the bitcointalk thread as it's a total disaster to read through. Hope that this encourages migration!

FreeOne

Mar 28, 2014
Thanks for doing this. We really need to find some kind of incentive to encourage people off the bitcointalk thread as it's a total disaster to read through. Hope that this encourages migration!
I'd say it's not just that thread but the whole BitcoinTalk site in general. The amount of FUD and scams, and even just the usability of that site is just terrible...

HammerHedd

Mar 10, 2014
I'd say it's not just that thread but the whole BitcoinTalk site in general. The amount of FUD and scams, and even just the usability of that site is just terrible...
You're right - it really is designed more for announcements and such. Forums like this are better for having a discussion on a topic that you can follow.

Lzeppelin

Feb 27, 2014
Thanks for bumping this thread, I really should have posted this a few days ago but here is how I plan on handling the lottery. The registration deadline was March 23rd and the drawing is 17 days later on April 9th, since this forum as far as I can see doesn't have an easy way of sorting members by join date I plan on waiting until the drawing date and seeing who has at least 12.75 posts which is the minimum you could have to be eligible for the drawing. I then plan to look at the profiles of the members that have at least that number of posts to see their join date and calculate their posts per day. I will then post a list of all those eligible and each member will be given a number. Finally I will get a true random number from random.org and announce the winning number.

edit: If anyone has any objections / thinks there is a better way to handle this let me know.

the_darkness

Mar 22, 2014
Thanks for bumping this thread, I really should have posted this a few days ago but here is how I plan on handling the lottery. The registration deadline was March 23rd and the drawing is 17 days later on April 9th, since this forum as far as I can see doesn't have an easy way of sorting members by join date I plan on waiting until the drawing date and seeing who has at least 12.75 posts which is the minimum you could have to be eligible for the drawing. I then plan to look at the profiles of the members that have at least that number of posts to see their join date and calculate their posts per day. I will then post a list of all those eligible and each member will be given a number. Finally I will get a true random number from random.org and announce the winning number.

edit: If anyone has any objections / thinks there is a better way to handle this let me know.
Sounds fair/transparent to me. Good stuff!

TanteStefana

Grizzled Member
Foundation Member
Mar 9, 2014

You might want to ask CHAOSiTEC how he records his drawings at lotterymining.com? He's also here :)

CHAOSiTEC

Official Darkcoin Dev
Mar 28, 2014
thats about how i would do it, oohh one thing i also do is i randomize the list with the list randomizer at random.org first makes it truly random :)

btw, please exclude me from the lottery :)

Propulsion

The buck stops here.
Feb 26, 2014
Dash Address
XerHCGryyfZttUc6mnuRY3FNJzU1Jm9u5L
@TanteStefana you can highlight a person's name on the forum by putting an "@" symbol in front. For example @CHAOSiTEC good call on the random.org part.