• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

how can i quickly catch up to the blockchains current block?

slothdog

My Dash wallet is on an old computer that stays unplugged and every now and then I plug it in and catch up on the blockchain. Im currerntly 44 weeks behind. My internet is slow, the computer is slow, is there a way I can download the blockchain and automatically catchup?

My Dash wallet is on an old computer that stays unplugged and every now and then I plug it in and catch up on the blockchain. Im currerntly 44 weeks behind. My internet is slow, the computer is slow, is there a way I can download the blockchain and automatically catchup?

You can find instructions and the bootstrap files here:

https://github.com/UdjinM6/dash-bootstrap

In general is safer to sync from the network but Udjinm6 is one of our core developers so this is safe.

Even in the bootstrap were compromised, as soon as the client believed it was up to date, it would start querying the network and find out otherwise and rewind the crap out of itself and pull network chain anyway.

I have quite quickly updated the wallet with a very slow 3rd world high ping rate unstable connection and yet I couldn't download 50 meg (mp3) podcasts because it would time out/cutoff, so this can work better both ways, and mobile connections sometimes throttle large file downloads but down mind constant trickles of data.
Perhaps its because there are many seed nodes in many locations(giving better pings) with small amounts of data from as opposed to only 1 download address.

Back