• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

What the hell is wrong with this picture? i thought we were a decentralized project?

First, it's obvious that I am new to DASH, but my interest to come here was because I was a follower of Amanda Johnson. In her last 3 Youtube posts, she recommended DASH. So your new PR is working. I do not own any DASH or have any ownership in the DASH DAO. But I am comparing DASH versus Etherium.

But I see a slight conflict of interest in the above statement between disclosure of ownership of the DASH DAO masternodes and the anonymous use of DASH as a Crytpo. These are two very different and distinct topics and in my mind they should not be combined, mixed or confused.

In a public corporation, you know who the majority owners of the stock are since they will be controlling the board of directors and strategic direction of the Corp. Knowing who owns the shares of the corporation is very important investment information and it's publicly disclosed in the annual 10Ks and other Sec filings.

How much DASH a person owns and how they use that currency should remain anonymous which is the main purposes of Crypto.

So my questions are the following:

1. What is the fundamental purpose of a DAO?

2. Is the DAO supposed to be anonymous, or just distributed and autonomous? There is a big difference between anonymous versus autonomous.

3. What is the fundamental purpose of anonymous cryptocurrency?

4. How does disclosing the ownership of masternodes conflict with the anonymous use of DASH?

5. Does the DAO have an obligation to provide complete transparency of its ownership of the masternodes, since this is the equivalent of the stock ownership in a public corporation?

6. Is the fundamental purpose of the DASH DAO, and the fundamental purpose of DASH as an anonymous cryptocurrency in direct conflict with each other in this business model?

Thanks,

Same questions (more or less) here.

By no means I am dash's representative, but as long as yet another newby @polp has the same questions, I ll try to answer.

1. What is the fundamental purpose of a DAO?
Who knows? It depends on the persons that participate in this DAO.

2. Is the DAO supposed to be anonymous, or just distributed and autonomous? There is a big difference between anonymous versus autonomous.
Who knows? It depends on the persons that participate in this DAO.

A DAO in general is initialy something distributed and autonomous. But if a DAO is formed and people perticipating in this DAO decide to create something anonymous (which is the case of dash as far as I know), then this DAO is supposed to be anonymous also.

3. What is the fundamental purpose of anonymous cryptocurrency?
To be anonymous and to be cryptocurrency of course. It is an anonymous cryptocurrency, remember?

4. How does disclosing the ownership of masternodes conflict with the anonymous use of DASH?
This is obvious, but it is a technical question. If you really wonder, I ll give a try.

5. Does the DAO have an obligation to provide complete transparency of its ownership of the masternodes, since this is the equivalent of the stock ownership in a public corporation?
It is not equivalent of the stock ownership in a public corporation. It is something else, something much more complicated. "Stock owners" are considered to be also the miners and the wallet holders.

6. Is the fundamental purpose of the DASH DAO, and the fundamental purpose of DASH as an anonymous cryptocurrency in direct conflict with each other in this business model?
Short answer: Νο, there is no conflict.
Long answer: a proof of individuality is not necessarily against anonymity and privacy . Read more ...

Last edited:
Maybe its time to close this thread as its being misused for off topic posts now.
If people are interested in Dash's DAO type and want to know more, they should create seperate threads for it.

Also i understand OP has left this forum anyways ....

Back