• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

DashNation.com Soft Launch

TheDashGuy

Without further adue... http://www.dashnation.com/

Will be adding more goals, pages, and ideas as we go.

For now we're just trying to get everyone all the important content without making people do the research or check in on 10 websites daily to feel like they are in the loop.

Will explain further when i have more time.

Still adding legacy content, so feel free to post links here of stuff you'd like to see on the site.

Afk a bit. Enjoy.

Edit: Will fix footer links in a bit. I'm sure there are plenty of suggestions to give so feel free. Won't use them all but appreciate them all.

Last edited:
Added some RSS feeds into the footer area for some extra yummy content possibilities.

Working on a dash link directory as well. Downloads page in the works with cool community made wallpapers and such.

Also considering the possibility of ordering a couple hundred "lawn signs" and reselling those 1 by 1 with some simple Dash branding and a website URL.
I think if we sold enough Dash could be effectively marketed at a grassroots level, hell i'll even send some out for free everyone now and then. Giveaways and such..

Anyways, back to work. Welcoming all ideas.

Edit:
@fernando do you want a author login to post your podcast content?
@elishagh1 PM when you're back online and not busy.

Would love some mining related content, as I need to add mining category to the feed just have zero content on hand to do so.

Also, if anyone would like to write some sort of weekly market analysis, I'll host it here and make sure people see it. Lemme know.

Also looking for more types of content, feel free to post suggestions here or PM me. Thanks everyone!

Thank you @TheDashGuy for making a little part of my vision turn into reality. I look forward to working with you to develop and refine the site. Bringing more people into Dash will be easier with a nice community front page like that. Cheers!

Ok, so from the original Dash Nation Consensus thread, where you guys accused the Core Team of not listening, not letting anyone participate, throwing innuendo and accusation towards us, bla bla bla...

TheDashGuy was invited to work on the new website design. Result? Zero. Failed to deliver. Now I understand why.

Last edited:
Ok, so from the original Dash Nation Consensus thread, where you guys accused the Core Team of not listening, not letting anyone participate, throwing innuendo and accusation towards us, bla bla bla...

TheDashGuy was invited to work on the new website design. Result? Zero. Failed to deliver. Now I understand why.

You must be retarded.

You must be retarded.

I must be, to give you my time of day.

Did you or did you not take on the job to help redesign the website, saying you'd quit your job and would have time, only to not deliver on schedule, alleging you didn't have time because of your freelance work? You did do something... just not deliver what was intended.

Half work does not count as work.

I must be, to give you my time of day.

Did you or did you not take on the job to help redesign the website, saying you'd quit your job and would have time, only to not deliver on schedule, alleging you didn't have time because of your freelance work? You did do something... just not deliver what was intended.

Half work does not count as work.

Get off the drugs.

You are living in some alternate reality where you think you are actually smart. I'm just going to go ahead and warn you once then im throwing you on ignore. Stop talking as if you know anything because you don't. Come get your little bitch in check core team. He's about to cause you guys one hell of a shit storm.

Why are you on the core team again? You lack any sort of people skills and are an asshole, not to mention a bloated cost of the core team. Better watch yourself and that little childish attitude if you hope to remain a bloated cost.

Last edited:
@yidakee A little encouragement for those actually doing the work can go a long way.

Just going to point out @TheDashGuy has been doing much more than dash.org. Check out www.dashngo.com and code.dashndrink.com. Two other websites he has done to help out Dash. Now www.dashnation.com is released with the help from Tao and others. Pretty amazing that he is doing this at no cost. And now thedashguy spends a little over a month after some of the details about dash.org were lined up and is getting hounded for not finishing fast enough. The very least you could do is encourage him and offer to help him so he can finish faster.

@Solarminer

Everyone who works, is recognised. That is exactly why I was invited to the team. I produce results, the vast majority is unfortunately not visible as it lives in the realms of confidentiality. I don't need to gloat, to boast, or to prove myself publicly. I'm not attacking, I'm constantly defending.

I think the people best qualified to judge my work are the people who actually manage my work. Either spontaneously produce something concretely useful to the core roadmap (and not side projects, and definitely not saying these are bad at all on the contrary!!), or I'm asked to do something, with deadlines, and I deliver. Consistently. There is huge difference between talking, and doing. Am I perfect? Definitely not. Am I reliable? More than proven.

The fundamental issue here is the constant accusations and finger pointing by one or two community members that don't really know what they're talking about. Constantly trying to project there is internal trouble and divise. Creating problems where there are none.

In the spirit of broadening participation, we gave TheDashGuy a chance to put forth his skills to contribution to a current and urgent core Dash project. He kicked and screamed, and we (in this case the team involved in doing the website renovation) gave him the opportunity contribute. After so many accusations that we were incompetent and what not, he showed not to be reliable to us, and left us hanging. That is fact.

I never said he did not produce good work, nor that he did nothing. Just that he did not follow through to the end. He had a perfect opportunity to prove us wrong, blew it, and did just the opposite. Plus, his whole demeanour is toxic, IMHO. Time went on, some work was done, but was essentially abandoned.

Please TDG, be congruent with your words and please do put me on ignore.

Most core team members are extremely reluctant to speak their minds for the sake of "not getting involved". Many have already said they quit comming here as it's getting more toxic than bitcointalk. This has been discussed, that maybe the team should really speak their minds more often. I am very outspoken when it itches me. I'm not reluctant to do it as I feel letting these situations linger and are harmful for exterior public perception, and because I believe there is a deficit of public stamp of our true values.

We truly want to keep the communal spirit alive, but it's always one or two guys (and a half) creating noise and nonsense. Arguments happen, discussions and fights. Most of the time people just defending their views. This is often a good thing when people are mature, use sense and sensibility.

It is now 6 months of constant nagging

Last edited:
@Solarminer

Everyone who works, is recognised. That is exactly why I was invited to the team. I produce results, the vast majority is unfortunately not visible as it lives in the realms of confidentiality. I don't need to gloat, to boast, or to prove myself publicly. I'm not attacking, I'm constantly defending.

I think the people best qualified to judge my work are the people who actually manage my work. Either spontaneously produce something concretely useful, or I'm asked to do something, with deadlines, and I deliver. Consistently. There is huge difference between talking, and doing. Am I perfect? Definitely not. Am I reliable? More than proven.

The fundamental issue here is the constant accusations and finger pointing by one or two community members that don't really know what they're talking about. Constantly trying to project there is internal trouble and divise. Creating problems where there are none.

In the spirit of broadening participation, we gave TheDashGuy a chance to put forth his skills to contribution to a current and urgent core Dash project. He kicked and screamed, and we (in this case the team involved in doing the website renovation) gave him the opportunity contribute. After so many accusations that we were incompetent and what not, he showed not to be reliable to us, and left us hanging. That is fact.

I never said he did not produce good work, nor that he did nothing. Just that he did not follow through to the end. He had a perfect opportunity to prove us wrong, blew it, and did just the opposite. Plus, his whole demeanour is toxic, IMHO. Time went on, some work was done, but was essentially abandoned.

Please TDG, be congruent with your words and please do put me on ignore.

Most core team members are extremely reluctant to speak their minds for the sake of "not getting involved". Many have already said they quit comming here as it's getting more toxic than bitcointalk. This has been discussed, that maybe the team should really speak their minds more often. I am very outspoken when it itches me. I'm not reluctant to do it as I feel letting these situations linger is harmful for exterior public perception, and because I believe there is a deficit of public stamp of our true values.

We truly want to keep the communal spirit alive, but it's always one or two guys (and a half) creating noise and nonsense. Arguments happen, discussions and fights. Most of the time people just defending their views. This is often a good thing when people are mature, use sense and sensibility.

It is now 6 months of constant nagging

You are the worst type of human being, a stupid one. Go away and stop making shit up. Don't worry I won't be "helping your" team out ever again, especially when YOU are on it. I won't even bother to explain it because half the community knows how much of a narcissistic asshole you are. People like you are the ones who turn into leeches of the project, don't worry you;ll keep defending your job if I have anything to say about it, better start working on making sure you carved out your little role in the team, if not sorry to say it might not last long.

Fuck off and have a nice day, welcome to ignore. So sad to see you be part of a project I really enjoy. You almost ruin it for me.

edit: and get the hell outta my thread. I have a point here. and its not about you.

You are the worst type of human being, a stupid one. Go away and stop making shit up. Don't worry I won't be "helping your" team out ever again, especially when YOU are on it. I won't even bother to explain it because half the community knows how much of a narcissistic asshole you are. People like you are the ones who turn into leeches of the project, don't worry you;ll keep defending your job if I have anything to say about it, better start working on making sure you carved out your little role in the team, if not sorry to say it might not last long.

Fuck off and have a nice day, welcome to ignore. So sad to see you be part of a project I really enjoy. You almost ruin it for me.

edit: and get the hell outta my thread. I have a point here. and its not about you.

Thank you TDG. I think you pretty much just summed up my discourse.

@Solarminer
No. The fundamental issue is the negative attitude you are creating. Thedashguy might not be working the same way you do. He may not even be working as fast as what you want. He also isn't taking any funds. And from what I can tell, he is making more progress than the 10K we already spent on a website and SEO work.

Why in the world would you put him down? Encourage him. If you have an issue with his speed, find out what is holding him up and help.

No. The fundamental issue is the negative attitude you are creating. Thedashguy might not be working the same way you do. He may not even be working as fast as what you want. He also isn't taking any funds. And from what I can tell, he is making more progress than the 10K we already spent on a website and SEO work.

Why in the world would you put him down? Encourage him. If you have an issue with his speed, find out what is holding him up and help.

Negative attitude?

For 6 month now we've been under constant attack. We did encourage him. We brought him in. People were with him to pull this through. There were skype calls. There was time given. Were he to ask more it would have happened for sure.

The only fundamental issue here is the constant critique, accusations, innuendos, direct insults ... and yet we still opened the doors.

It's pretty public how TDG and I clash a lot. I just cannot resist pushing him back due to his caustic demeanour. And I absolutely 100% speak on behalf of the silent, I guarantee you that. I speak out, and leave judgement to whoever reads it.

I'm well known here as a cheerfully loony nonsensically free-spirited playful type of guy, whenever I has a chance...

But I'm also capable of switching my jumper switches into complete pragmatism and professionalism, when we need to get done what we want to get done here. I may not code, but I bring in results. And serious shitload amounts of it.

2014 I learnt Linux by myself, studied the very first noob-tortuous MN tutorials by @chaeplin's, to decipher them and to step up my game. I set up hundereds of Masternodes, for free, back in the day when MN's where shit as hard to setup for the regular folk. I spent hundreds of hours on IRC, Skype, bitcointalk, tutoring one-on-one, for hours at each sitting helping others to set MNs up themselves, trustlessly, until the job was done

@splawik21 started because of me, and I did not setup the same service due to communal RESPECT. @Node40 later started because of me, based on the service I started offering freelance. They destroyed my income, and now I' am their customer - that's how bad we get along or negative I am.

I've been here from almost Darkcoin's start, contributing hours on end like if my life depended on it. People bitch a lot about direction and features, that "core team is arongant, dev´s dont listen" - we answer "TESTNET" - but demagogues don't show up nor contribute. Only critique.

I brought in @ProtonMail. I brought in @BoleVPN. I had a big hand in our animated video. I'm managing LP project. I did a huge part of vertoe-Transifex. And a bit in the new one too. Insane amount of slayed troll buffoonery on bitcoitalk was my sport until late 2015. And so much more past and future!

I really must be a negative person.

I participate everywhere and anywhere I can, and take it as seriously as I possibly could. The core project. Alway, from the start, before there was even thought of retribution. As so many others of us.

You guys are on a vendetta against guys like @tungfa that bleeds more Dash than all of your collective demagogue nonsense. Soon, Confluence will have more chapters than Encyclopdeia Britannica, and that is what is going to bring in serious infrastructural partnership/investments. Always constantly directing cheap shots at him whenever you can. The work he is doing nothing short of amazing, and if you only knew how to look you would recognise it from a mile away.

You guys insult @AndyDark who only just got here, and as key player for Evolution, instead ping-pong'ing around him to discredit him, why not instead find a ways to make our project grow instead of inflating your massive ego's ?

You challenge @kot all the time, and project all your Project Management and DAO philosophies and this and that, and how we're all wrong, and are arrogant and negative, insinuating we're doing thing our way because we have some oligarchic attitude ... when all we are doing in actively implementing @eduffield's vision and roadmap.

The only team members who do not get actively pissed on, are ... the team members who opt to not participate in the public forum! coincidence? This is saddening!

Negative?

I'm not negative!

I'm getting sick of all this! This forum has done nothing for the past 6 months except going straight down the drain whole in terms of exterior public perception! There is a whole planet out there studying this technology, who the major key players are, where to invest in. This is pathetic

For the past 6 months this forum has been made more corrosive than battery acid with continuous legitimacy challenging to long established community or team members. Such as we've never seen before.

This is utterly bizarre, and it all seems to revolve around one central flag.

Last edited:
@yidakee, read this thread starting from the top. You are the one who threw the first stone, whining about the consensus thread (which is completely unrelated to the OP and no one would have mentioned it if you hadn't brought it up) and making a personal attack on @TheDashGuy. Then when @Solarminer asked you to be encouraging instead, you got all defensive and the thread is spiraling downhill. Just making an observation.

Without further adue... http://www.dashnation.com/

Will be adding more goals, pages, and ideas as we go.

For now we're just trying to get everyone all the important content without making people do the research or check in on 10 websites daily to feel like they are in the loop.

Will explain further when i have more time.

Still adding legacy content, so feel free to post links here of stuff you'd like to see on the site.

Afk a bit. Enjoy.

Edit: Will fix footer links in a bit. I'm sure there are plenty of suggestions to give so feel free. Won't use them all but appreciate them all.
Very nice website! I'll check it regularly.

Very nice website! I'll check it regularly.

Feel free to help it grow! It will be only really "full-time" Dash project along with some other community members.

Appreciate the support!

edit: added todays happenings.

I'll need to get a schedule going every morning to post all le news, hopefully will catch most of it in real time though.

Last edited:
Feel free to help it grow! It will be only really "full-time" Dash project along with some other community members.

I support DashNation!
gdv4upS.jpg

I support DashNation!
gdv4upS.jpg
That is exactly the spirit that I wish to create with the Dash Nation campaign. This guy was motivated enough in the relatively short time the campaign was running, to make a shirt and share that he was proud to be a part of Dash Nation. To have a strong sense of community belonging and spreading that news via word of mouth is incredibly important for network effect!

When people ask him, "What is Dash Nation?" He's not going to say "Tao's kingdom" (@GreyGhost) He's going to say that it is a global group of progressives that are striving to bring Dash to the mainstream and bring financial freedom and empowerment to people. And he will inspire others as he's been inspired, leading to a powerful community presence online and in person. How much more proof do you need on this? I know what I'm talking about and I'm good at what I do. Noting that this campaign is only one aspect of what I do, I will continue to do it for Dash as well as my other responsibilities in my proposal. Please support me as community lead.

https://twitter.com/taoofsatoshi/status/744037144423993347

Last edited:
Back