• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

X11 ASIC Baikal Mini Miner Spec

Special thanks to @Alexy who helped me with this!

Got the Baikal miner!

Lovely little thing.

Easy to setup, quiet and hashrate is as advertised. Shipment from China to Malaysia was pretty fast took about 4-5 days via SF Express.

Due to its simple setup and light build, a simple foam container inside the box protected it well.

Only complaint is that I wished it was easier to set a static IP.

It feels more refined than Pinidea's offering which still doesn't include a Pi or any GUI interface and it also works at the best power efficiency than any miner.

It mines pretty quietly and is perfect as a little home/office miner. Although I love Pinidea, I think this is a more compelling offering than the DU-1s.

Very satisfied :D
gq2LR0X.jpg

mR4jJR8.jpg

7PwYVFU.jpg

mLwIGpq.jpg
Thanks for your reviews. Baikal will try to provide good service and A/S for customers

yes and you are also doing very good job at crashing x11 market to pennies. congratulations on driving difficulty to all time high and making our lives more difficult. what goes around comes around.

With current difficulty ROI is more than a year.

But wait, there is more batches coming... Miner looks quite cheap, so soon we will see price dumping. And then larger miners with more chips....

I got 2 miners, bad decision. Wasted money. Will never deal with Baikal again.

they are screwing us over behind our backs by competing directly with us and are funding their operations with our money. This is as treacherous as it can get.

With current difficulty ROI is more than a year.

But wait, there is more batches coming... Miner looks quite cheap, so soon we will see price dumping. And then larger miners with more chips....

I got 2 miners, bad decision. Wasted money. Will never deal with Baikal again.

they are screwing us over behind our backs by competing directly with us and are funding their operations with our money. This is as treacherous as it can get.
They are shooting in their own feet.

They are destroying their customers and the market, and there is not enough depth in X11 market to a set big farm without monopolizing it, and keep people interested in a coin... Sorry for Dash though

Selling miners is not like selling tomatoes. If you are dealing with tomatoes then you have to sell fast because they don't hold for long. But if you sell miners you have the time to wait and let the people who are buying your product the opportunity to get their investment back otherwise they don't buy your miners in the future!

Without profit no more buying so simple is it. There are many people out there putting a lot of money in mining projects. Customers who purchased miners and developers too. Why do you think iBeLink and PinIdea made the decision to sell batches of 50 miners? Right because if they sell 5000 miners each batch then their customers don't make profit because the difficulty is going to fast up. In this case they made only ones profit in selling 1 batch and no other batch in the future. Because nobody want to get burnt again.
2017-9b3d2e0bfa396ce4ac0d7933c5b8f73d.jpg

So better produce and sell miners linear to the price of dash and the difficulty.

For example:

1. Begin with selling small batch 150MH.

2. Sell next batch 150MH cheaper than the first batch.

3. If DASH price and difficulty went up then let next batch be for example 450MH or as much needed to be profitable and calculate the price for the miner so that your customers have their ROI fast and make profit fast so they have enough buying power to buy your next batch.

3. Sell next batch with the same hashing power cheaper than last.

4. Look at DASH price and difficulty and decide how much hashing power is needed to be profitable and make the next batch for example 600 or 750 MH.

5. And so on ...

You know what I mean u must have a business plan not only produce and sell as much and fast as you can! Your business, DASH and the network have to grow. And believe me your business can only grow if you don't have unsatisfied customers. What are you going to do if nobody is buying any more of your miners sell it cheaper and cheaper till really nobody wants your product? Or is it better to have always a wanted product so you can keep producing and selling?

Attachments

• 999.png
    999.png
    354.9 KB · Views: 162
Last edited:
you have valid points and i have much respect towards ibelink in that sense cause they obviously had their customers interests before their own pockets. what's parasitic about baikal is that they don't care about miners nor dash's future, they are deliberately slaughtering x11 market for their selfish interests and they know that time is running against them so they will continue putting all their production online. i'm sure that 40nm production wasn't so cheap but why even invest in producing miners to only kill the market later? this is as sinister as it can get..

Selling miners is not like selling tomatoes. If you are dealing with tomatoes then you have to sell fast because they don't hold for long. But if you sell miners you have the time to wait and let the people who are buying your product the opportunity to get their investment back otherwise they don't buy your miners in the future!

Without profit no more buying so simple is it. There are many people out there putting a lot of money in mining projects. Customers who purchased miners and developers too. Why do you think iBeLink and PinIdea made the decision to sell batches of 50 miners? Right because if they sell 5000 miners each batch then their customers don't make profit because the difficulty is going to fast up. In this case they made only ones profit in selling 1 batch and no other batch in the future. Because nobody want to get burnt again.
2017-9b3d2e0bfa396ce4ac0d7933c5b8f73d.jpg

So better produce and sell miners linear to the price of dash and the difficulty.

For example:

1. Begin with selling small batch 150MH.

2. Sell next batch 150MH cheaper than the first batch.

3. If DASH price and difficulty went up then let next batch be for example 450MH or as much needed to be profitable and calculate the price for the miner so that your customers have their ROI fast and make profit fast so they have enough buying power to buy your next batch.

3. Sell next batch with the same hashing power cheaper than last.

4. Look at DASH price and difficulty and decide how much hashing power is needed to be profitable and make the next batch for example 600 or 750 MH.

5. And so on ...

You know what I mean u must have a business plan not only produce and sell as much and fast as you can! Your business, DASH and the network have to grow. And believe me your business can only grow if you don't have unsatisfied customers. What are you going to do if nobody is buying any more of your miners sell it cheaper and cheaper till really nobody wants your product? Or is it better to have always a wanted product so you can keep producing and selling?

You are so lucky to receive the miner as i been trying to contact Baikal on Skype with no success as the ID is Offline most of the time. So i have no idea how to proceed my order.

You are so lucky to receive the miner as i been trying to contact Baikal on Skype with no success as the ID is Offline most of the time. So i have no idea how to proceed my order.
Consider writing to them via email, they where pretty fast to respond but the time difference is noticeable. I wrote to them yesterday and got a reply this morning, my local time, so within 24h.

Approximately 1 year if the difficulty stays where it is now. But difficulty will raise in the next days or weeks by 100% or more so it will take much longer. But if the DASH price goes up then it could take not so long.

Last edited:
New Approximately 1 year if the difficulty stays where it is now. But difficulty will raise in the next days or weeks by 100% or more so it will take much longer. But if the DASH price goes up then i could take not so long.
In this case , i better grab either Dash or BTC :D

Consider writing to them via email, they where pretty fast to respond but the time difference is noticeable. I wrote to them yesterday and got a reply this morning, my local time, so within 24h.
Pls contact Baikal via Skype: baikalminer or email: [email protected] Besides the time difference. The staff will reply ASAP.

happy mining reubster , no wonder that hashrate is going through the roof :D
The hash rate is high, but X11 miners are not only including ours. Baikal miners are for home use, the hast rate is 150. While there are other brands' miners which are mainly used for coin mining pool industry. The hash rate is as high as 500.

The hash rate is high, but X11 miners are not only including ours. Baikal miners are for home use, the hast rate is 150. While there are other brands' miners which are mainly used for coin mining pool industry. The hash rate is as high as 500.

Yes PinIdea made a miner with 500MH but if my information is correct they made 50 miners in their first batch and sold only one per customer. How many 150MH miners did you produce?
As you can see there was ONE reseller at ali with 1000 miners with 150MH thats 150GH!
2018-9b3d2e0bfa396ce4ac0d7933c5b8f73d.jpg

And we don't even know how many you sold in total...
And if you look the hashrate increment by 500MH miners it is 50 x 500MH = 25GH see the difference?
So please don't try to put the blame on others!

Attachments

• 999.png
    999.png
    354.9 KB · Views: 145
Back