• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Proposal: DashTrader.info Let's advertise by putting Dash back on the markets!

Let me see if I got this straight.

"Joe" uses crypto exchanges in order to convert his fiat for DASH. Joe is increasing the adoption of DASH.

"Bob" uses crypto exchanges in order to train his trading robots to extract excess DASH (which he calls profit) out of the system. Is Bob helping with DASH adoption?

Speculators/traders increase liquidity in any market by adding depth to the order book (both buy and sell sides).
Merchants and payment processors will prefer to accept coin they can exchange quickly and near the current price.

Whether or not this proposal would attract more traders to Dash? ... that's a good question.

OK, last devil's advocate question/comment:

You are aware that Bitcoinwisdom.com already has most of this information for Dash which, because it doesn't reach Europe for some reason, is relayed by cryptowat.ch https://cryptowat.ch/poloniex/dashbtc/15m

It's only for poloniex, and I'm not aware of what else they have for people who make an account, so could you explain how your site will be different? What will the advantages be? I already see a bot that reads sentiment, that's neat, but can you spell out exactly how your site will be different?

TanteStefana i have not forgotten about you, i'm working day and night to get this done before the end of spring break to have more than just words and an actual product ready.... thank you for encouraging me to think creatively

i think what i'm working on could be big for the community as a whole, and also for getting a trading community going

TanteStefana tungfa ponysauce oaxaca miner-48er bertlebbert

I am working on a "little game", similar to those stock market games you might've played in high school. At the start of the month, everyone is given $5,000 Dash and $5,000 in USD. It's fake money stored on the site. The goal is to make as much money as possible by buying low and selling high.

The site will connect to Reddit and modulate the /r/dashtrader subreddit, displaying your equity totals next to your username for "bragging rights". Posting links, comments, and earning karma in /r/Dashpay and /r/dashtrader will increase your equity total as well, encouraging active participation in the community.

I'd like the budget proposal to get approved so that we can have a prize for the winners at the end of each month, say 50 Dash. I think this would brainwash traders into joining our community. The most confident traders would join thinking they could make a quick ~$200 bucks in Dash, but the real kicker is the /r/dashtrader and /r/DashPay karma integration. They would be brainwashed into real adoption as they read and make posts that are positive for Dash.

Additionally, the site will log historic trade data and have interactive charts and graphs for analyzing Dash's price. The site will have a leaderboard and a Whale-Of-Fame for logging monthly/all-time winners. It's coming along slowly and will be completed before the budget proposal deadline.

I think if you own a masternode you should think like a VC. What does everyone think of this idea?

Last edited by a moderator:
TanteStefana tungfa ponysauce oaxaca miner-48er bertlebbert

I am working on a "little game", similar to those stock market games you might've played in high school. At the start of the month, everyone is given $5,000 Dash and $5,000 in USD. It's fake money stored on the site. The goal is to make as much money as possible by buying low and selling high.

The site will connect to Reddit and modulate the /r/dashtrader subreddit, displaying your equity totals next to your username for "bragging rights". Posting links, comments, and earning karma in /r/Dashpay and /r/dashtrader will increase your equity total as well, encouraging active participation in the community.

I'd like the budget proposal to get approved so that we can have a prize for the winners at the end of each month, say 50 Dash. I think this would brainwash traders into joining our community. The most confident traders would join thinking they could make a quick ~$200 bucks in Dash, but the real kicker is the /r/dashtrader and /r/DashPay karma integration. They would be brainwashed into real adoption as they read and make posts that are positive for Dash.

Additionally, the site will log historic trade data and have interactive charts and graphs for analyzing Dash's price. The site will have a leaderboard and a Whale-Of-Fame for logging monthly/all-time winners. It's coming along slowly and will be completed before the budget proposal deadline.

I think if you own a masternode you should think like a VC. What does everyone think of this idea?

hey
1st of all, i am not a trader (no time)
so your initial proposal does not speak to me as i honestly do not understand these inside trading things you are talking about

that game on the other side sounds cool !
i never played 'similar to those stock market games you might've played in high school' , they probably did not exist when i went to high school as there were not even mobile phones back then (yes, there was a time with NO mobile phones, think about that :wink:), but play trading with test coins or whatever could be cool and a good 'learning curve' for future traders + it puts some fun and game into the Dash world
would that be an App for OS + Android ?

I was right, should have gotten dash on a major exchange by this time . . Bitcoin and ether both up, dash is down

Where do you see DASH is down???
It's been around $8USD for some time now.....
And don't give me the BTC/DASH figures - that does not count.....

Where do you see DASH is down???
It's been around $8USD for some time now.....
And don't give me the BTC/DASH figures - that does not count.....
That does count. Wealth came in because of the block halvening. Without proper trade volume, Dash didnt get any of this wealth.

Well, I have a question. Everybody is well aware that the success of any crypto project is measured in adoption. What is adoption, really? The DASH project is creating digital cash, which gets transferred between people in exchange for goods or services. The more DASH gets moved around in this way, the more successful the project will be. This is adoption.

People who want to use DASH will want to exchange their fiat for it. Does trading your USD/Euro/BTC for DASH count as adoption? I would say no, it enables adoption.

What about high frequency trading? If the DASH/BTC trading volume goes up by a factor of 10 or 100, is adoption increasing? I would say no.

oaxaca, I have questions... :)
I would make the presumption that an exchange would view any altcoin as attractive IF it met the deposit requirement, and, produced a significant volume in trading from which the exchange could levy their percentage to pay their bills.
Is it the Market Cap that lends credibility to substance of that coin ?
The exchange would only be concerned with this figure to impress potential traders ???

Poloniex clearly shows most trading in DASH is in btc. FAR more than use of fiat.

Books are written about what I do not know, yet I'm trying to learn a bit, here and there... working on EMA, MACD, and Bollinger Bands, presently.
I'd very much like to learn how to accomplish trend comparisons between altcoins...

I did see a recent News blip just the other day where 1/2 dozen exchanges were dropped from a roster... interesting.

Best
rc

That does count. Wealth came in because of the block halvening. Without proper trade volume, Dash didnt get any of this wealth.

Newbie ! Newbie ! Newbie ! Opinion HERE ! lol
I would agree with the first statement, disagree with the 2nd, and will sit on the fence for a bit on the 3rd.

.Just about everything is an influence.
.Does someone have THE crystal ball which clearly shows the end effect of 'the halving' ???
The btc market cap is far in excess of any other coin. It's the Grand Dad of all, and DASH has, indeed, sprung forth from it.
I look to 'the halving' as volatile...
All told, it's entitled to the respect it has garnished.
.Probably true that by trading volume, it would seem DASH has gained little by the change in btc.
Question is, imo, has DASH remained stable ?

Your thoughts ?
rc

I'll be honest with you I consider myself more of a scientist than an economist. And as a scientist we'll never know for sure what had happened. But since (today) I'm right, I'm going to toot my own horn.

Speculators/traders increase liquidity in any market by adding depth to the order book (both buy and sell sides).
Merchants and payment processors will prefer to accept coin they can exchange quickly and near the current price.

Whether or not this proposal would attract more traders to Dash? ... that's a good question.

and there's another word I gotta learn ! :) liquidity

Tnx for the definition, bbb ! It sounds quite reasonable to me...

Of course, 'Whether or not this proposal would attract more traders to Dash? ... that's a good question.' !!!

Best
rc

I'll be honest with you I consider myself more of a scientist than an economist. And as a scientist we'll never know for sure what had happened. But since (today) I'm right, I'm going to toot my own horn.

Of course you should 'toot your own horn' !!! It could set the ball rolling for public acclaim ! :)

Fine. If you wish to analize scientifically, I'll be glad to review your paper based upon Fibonacci numbers and moon phase/BDI.
Don't sell yourself short... Scientists have resolved many questions empirically !

Best
rc

Back