• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Masternode Hardware

SonyoNovo

Hi!

I would just like to ask what a decent Masternode hardware set-up would be for a PC to start...

-Are there any minimal system requirements?

-I'm guessing the Masternode would be running full-time on a dedicated desktop PC at home? Or could it possibly run on a laptop that I carry to work with me? I've seen the Raspberry Pi set-up which looks cool too.

I'm basically just wondering if I can run it off my personal laptop, or if I need to buy a new, dedicated PC for setting it up at home, and if so, what would be a basic config, and does the actual computer need to be powered up 24/7.

Thanks so much in advance for the info!

-Matt D

Hi!

I would just like to ask what a decent Masternode hardware set-up would be for a PC to start...

https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/display/DOC/Hardware+Requirements

-I'm guessing the Masternode would be running full-time on a dedicated desktop PC at home? Or could it possibly run on a laptop that I carry to work with me? I've seen the Raspberry Pi set-up which looks cool too.
you need a static IP !

Hi!

I'm basically just wondering if I can run it off my personal laptop, or if I need to buy a new, dedicated PC for setting it up at home, and if so, what would be a basic config, and does the actual computer need to be powered up 24/7.

Thanks so much in advance for the info!

-Matt D

Welcome to the Dash forums Matt!

I just wanted to add that there are also some great masternode service providers out there who will set up the masternode and run and maintain the servers for you. All you have to do is get the 1000 Dash that is required. Here is a list of the service providers http://dashmasternode.org/masternode-service-providers/

Been running a masternode from a raspberry pi 2 for 2 years now. Static ip and open port 9999 on the router, that's it. Dunno about the upcoming version(s) though.

Back