• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

dash core wallet iphone

i have been trying to install the dash wallet onto my iphone with xcode, Ive followed the instructions to install wallet, im up to the point it has asked me too select new wallet or recover wallet (for iphone), so i tried too recover my wallet and the gereration seed i have written down is 13 word instead of 12? so the recovery phrase is being rejected!!

I am running 4 masternodes on node 40, so i have sizable capital in my core wallet. So I'm wondering if the are ways to recover the seed?
The Thought of loosing my laptop isn't comforting if i have the wrong recovery phrase/seed, so could you pls give me info on whats the best way to move forward with my concerns.
Side note as well have i miss understood dash wallet V.0.9 is completly differemt to my dash core wallet???

i have been trying to install the dash wallet onto my iphone with xcode, Ive followed the instructions to install wallet, im up to the point it has asked me too select new wallet or recover wallet (for iphone), so i tried too recover my wallet and the gereration seed i have written down is 13 word instead of 12? so the recovery phrase is being rejected!!

I am running 4 masternodes on node 40, so i have sizable capital in my core wallet. So I'm wondering if the are ways to recover the seed?
The Thought of loosing my laptop isn't comforting if i have the wrong recovery phrase/seed, so could you pls give me info on whats the best way to move forward with my concerns.
Side note as well have i miss understood dash wallet V.0.9 is completly differemt to my dash core wallet???

@moocowmoo @UdjinM6 @Solarminer @camosoul @splawik21 @yidakee all might be able to assist with this.

I never managed to try the iOS wallet because I'm on iphone 4. I wasn't aware it had MN functionality. I wpuld go so far as to say I'm almost sure it doesnt.

Didnt you use the QT for that?

The core wallet doesn't use a seed and as far as I know is the only way to store funds for a masternode. It looks like you already encrypted your wallet with a 13 word password. You should backup your wallet.dat on your core wallet by using the file-backup. (your 13 word password isn't a seed, you also need the wallet data file) Store on a usb drive separate from your computer. Make 2 copies. You have a lot of capital - don't risk it without backups.

The iphone wallet does use a seed, similar to electrum but I don't think they are compatible. Neither can store funds for a masternode.

As for installing the iphone app, it sounds like this is a new installation on your phone, so just start with a new wallet and a new 12 word phrase. That will be a seed so write it down in a safe place. You should also set a pin/password if it asks for additional security if you desire.

Thanks Solarminer appreciate the advice!!!

I think that recovery phrase is for my electrum wallet come to think of it, so just recapping with the core wallet i just need to back up the wallet.dat on a couple of usb's, in the event i need to recover my core wallet if i was to loose or break my laptop? There is no recovery phrases or seeds for core wallet??

I've found one issue with Dash Wallet on iPhone. When i scan QR code of Bitcoin address it recognize it as correct. Bread wallet verifies address of Bitcoin wallet and when Dash QR code is scanned it popups with message that this is not valid Bitcoin address. I thing that Dash Wallet on iPhone should also verify if address scanned from QR code is valid.

I've found one issue with Dash Wallet on iPhone. When i scan QR code of Bitcoin address it recognize it as correct. Bread wallet verifies address of Bitcoin wallet and when Dash QR code is scanned it popups with message that this is not valid Bitcoin address. I thing that Dash Wallet on iPhone should also verify if address scanned from QR code is valid.
I'm not sure I get the problem. Bread wallet has no idea about Dash addresses so it complains. Dash wallet can recognize Bitcoin addresses and send money via shapeshift.io API (it says "to: <bitcoin address> (via Shapeshift)" right at the bottom of the screen). What's wrong with that? o_O

I'm not sure I get the problem. Bread wallet has no idea about Dash addresses so it complains. Dash wallet can recognize Bitcoin addresses and send money via shapeshift.io API (it says "to: <bitcoin address> (via Shapeshift)" right at the bottom of the screen). What's wrong with that? o_O

Ah... i get it... it's a feature not a bug ;-) sorry for bothering.

Back