• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

iBeLink™ DM384M ASIC Dash Miner

So received my miner. But I have no idea what firmware version it is. So for the hell of it, I clicked update and got back

Wow. vegasguy how you came in to dash forum, you are the KNC Titan fixer&lover ;)
BTW - did you finally finished your promised manual about how to fix titans??? lol

Re there isn't any info about that, all what you can read is Current version cgminer-3.5.6 that's it. Batch 1 had some update available in the beginning about implement extranonce sub for nice hash and thats all.
There is nothing to update in batch 2 at this moment.

So received my miner. But I have no idea what firmware version it is. So for the hell of it, I clicked update and got back
connection-refused.jpg

Please refer to the FAQ 9

How to recover the mining software after crashed?

After the miner crashed, click the [Config] button and link to the web, you can choose to update latest mining software version or roll back to last version or restore to default version and factory configuration.

Attachments

• 0514135911.jpg
    0514135911.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 207
Please refer to the FAQ 9

How to recover the mining software after crashed?

After the miner crashed, click the [Config] button and link to the web, you can choose to update latest mining software version or roll back to last version or restore to default version and factory configuration.

Well, Im not even sure I want to do this as what is strange is the miner is still working with these errors. My biggest concern are a couple of things , and that is that I dont even know what version im on, so it would be nice to see it displayed on the page. Also when im typing in a pool, if I take more than a few seconds , it refreshes and wipes out the data im typing. Can you please apply some sort of fix? It could be not refreshing the whole page and only the data that needs to be updated, or stop refreshing the page while a user types. We are still waiting for the open source so the community can make these "fixes themselves. Im not faulting Ibelink for buggy software, thats just how it is with all asic manufacturers, but legally you have to open source your software. If not for legal reasons, then ethical reasons, so we can fix it ourselves.

Other than that it does what it promises. To the owners, dont look at the UI for hashrate, its way off , look at the actual pool hashrate, its more accurate. Just my experience.

Guys, how do you set IP address manually?
It only allows me to change the host name, but not IP address and I don't want DHCP to assign IP address to my miner.

Attachments

• 16162016.png
    16162016.png
    23.9 KB · Views: 146
  • 16162050.png
    16162050.png
    106.2 KB · Views: 153
Well, Im not even sure I want to do this as what is strange is the miner is still working with these errors. My biggest concern are a couple of things , and that is that I dont even know what version im on, so it would be nice to see it displayed on the page. Also when im typing in a pool, if I take more than a few seconds , it refreshes and wipes out the data im typing. Can you please apply some sort of fix? It could be not refreshing the whole page and only the data that needs to be updated, or stop refreshing the page while a user types. We are still waiting for the open source so the community can make these "fixes themselves. Im not faulting Ibelink for buggy software, thats just how it is with all asic manufacturers, but legally you have to open source your software. If not for legal reasons, then ethical reasons, so we can fix it ourselves.

Other than that it does what it promises. To the owners, dont look at the UI for hashrate, its way off , look at the actual pool hashrate, its more accurate. Just my experience.

Please update to the lastest version image, it is compatible with all previous miner box, include batch 1, off course not temperature monitor function for batch 1 due to no sensor installed.

https://my.pcloud.com/publink/show?code=XZglcYZtY3n4Idj9FJuDqPbBKw8Db9FzItX

batch 1, off course not temperature monitor function for batch 1 due to no sensor installed.

Is there any way to add temp monitoring (soldering a sensor is not a problem) or this is completely impossible due to different PCB layouts? The miner has Raspberry Pi and there is an easy way to add DS18B20 tempsensor to it - so at least maybe possible to monitor temperature with them from the heatsinks?

Thank you ibelink for consistent updates. The main issue we are all having is the speed is dropping , and a reboot causes the speed to return for a few hours. It gets worse and worse without a reboot. Now I read that changing the diff can help, but since this is so new I have no idea what to set it at. My pool allows for difficulty setting. i tried diff 32 and it didnt look good. I tried .8 diff and it was stable for a few hours. So I have 3 questions:

1. Can you add a setting to reboot if hash rate < X Mhs ? (It might be there, but the only thing I see is to send an email)
2. What is the approximate correct diff setting for this miner? Iuse a multipoool. Can I get a range? Is it 1 or 100? Please give me an idea.
3. Also I appreciate the img, however the update from the web function does not update. It would be nice to have an option to "update using file" so we can point to the .img file. Because now I have to open the asic to remove the card and flash it in my card reader and reassemble.
4. Still looking for source code. What is the reason you have not released this?

Vegas

Last edited:
4. Still looking for source code. What is the reason you have not released this?

source code is not the only one problem - when I was examining the image on the standalone RasPi and was able to chroot and change root password (because there is NO password available for us from iBeLink and having "something" network-connected without full control over it is NEVER good) - and very strange things I've found - apt-get and netstat (!!!) were removed from the raspbian distro. These two things makes me very, very disappointed!

There is a reason why Ibelink have purposefully not released the source code. I dont want to speculate, except to say that it does not help their image.

Vegas

Thank you ibelink for consistent updates. The main issue we are all having is the speed is dropping , and a reboot causes the speed to return for a few hours. It gets worse and worse without a reboot. Now I read that changing the diff can help, but since this is so new I have no idea what to set it at. My pool allows for difficulty setting. i tried diff 32 and it didnt look good. I tried .8 diff and it was stable for a few hours. So I have 3 questions:

1. Can you add a setting to reboot if hash rate < X Mhs ? (It might be there, but the only thing I see is to send an email)
[iBeLink] We will consider adding this feature in the new version later.

2. What is the approximate correct diff setting for this miner? Iuse a multipoool. Can I get a range? Is it 1 or 100? Please give me an idea.
[iBeLink] 0.5 to 1.5 is reasonable

3. Also I appreciate the img, however the update from the web function does not update. It would be nice to have an option to "update using file" so we can point to the .img file. Because now I have to open the asic to remove the card and flash it in my card reader and reassemble.
[iBeLink] You can update by yourself via the web [Update] button, but it only update the miner software while the web UI not updated, so if you want the static IP function, please reflash the TF card with our lastest image.

[iBeLink] We are being prepared, what we promise will do without doubt.

Vegas

iBeLink, so what about removed apt-get and net-stat? And when do we get root password - at least it is needed for a back-ssh tunneling for the miners behind NAT/3G/4G connection. It works OK with A2 Terminator and AlcheMist AlcheMiner (which are Linux-powered too) - but without root access to RasPi it's impossible.

Is there any way to add temp monitoring (soldering a sensor is not a problem) or this is completely impossible due to different PCB layouts? The miner has Raspberry Pi and there is an easy way to add DS18B20 tempsensor to it - so at least maybe possible to monitor temperature with them from the heatsinks?

Sorry, it is completely impossible due to different PCB layouts to install temp sensor by yourself at batch 1.
But miner software is compatible.

iBeLink, so what about removed apt-get and net-stat? And when do we get root password - at least it is needed for a back-ssh tunneling for the miners behind NAT/3G/4G connection. It works OK with A2 Terminator and AlcheMist AlcheMiner (which are Linux-powered too) - but without root access to RasPi it's impossible.

Sorry, our miner just provide the web interface to monitor, and no necessary service is closed for stability reason.

Sorry, our miner just provide the web interface to monitor, and no necessary service is closed for stability reason.

netstat is a default program of any Linux distribution... to monitor network activity. The only one purpose to remove it - is if your device is doing something over network you don't wont your users to know about. It's not good.

The best way - is to release full root access of RasPi image to users - at least we payed for the miner and we want a full control over it, but not something closed with potential backdoors... I'm not asking for a source code of the used cgminer - it's your way (will not say about GPL at the moment), but the operating system must be at full control of the user.

And if you say about "unnecessary service" - what about samba daemon - for what purpose it is running on the miner? :) - You take our money - so be honest with us and don't put lamer bullshit in our ears about "no necessary service"...

Guys Ive really played around with this and tweaked settings and added additional fans, and from what I can see on the hardware end, its a well built product that will ROI faster than any asic Ive seen. The support is strong. They are always here to answer questions. So I would give Ibelink some time to clean up some loose ends such as the "open source issue", and allow them more time to mature their software and I think this will end up becoming a great product. Overall im very pleased with my purchase. Lets allow them more time.

Guys Ive really played around with this and tweaked settings and added additional fans, and from what I can see on the hardware end, its a well built product that will ROI faster than any asic Ive seen. The support is strong. They are always here to answer questions. So I would give Ibelink some time to clean up some loose ends such as the "open source issue", and allow them more time to mature their software and I think this will end up becoming a great product. Overall im very pleased with my purchase. Lets allow them more time.
Vegasguy, could you let me know if your miner(s) turn off after about 10-12 hours, and if there is any sort of fix for this? Mine keep doing it, it's very annoying, that is my only beef so far with this miner... It is not heat related.

No mine runs 24/7. Initially the hash rate was dropping was the only problem. If I had to guess I would say faulty power supply or power supply overheating. There are small fans inside your power supply, put your hand at the back of your asic where the silver part is. That is the exhaust of your power supply. Make sure it is blowing air out the back. If its not, your fan inside the power supply is dead. Also make sure you dont have the back of the asic up against a wall , were the exhaust maybe blocked.

Good luck

Back