• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

C-Cex

Should C-Cex be held at fault for the price drop?

• Yes c-cex entirely

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No ; hackers fault.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Both at fault; pissed.

Votes: 3 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Propulsion

The buck stops here.
So poll says it all. Should C-Cex be held accountable for the 50% loss of value, or the supposed single "hacker"?

C-Cex wasn't secured properly which is a big deal but at the same time just because you *can* steal something doesn't make it right. I voted both are responsible.

I think they suffered in the mess. There is nothing much we can do about it. As long as the people who lost bitcoin will eventually get paid back, I think C-Cex did what they could. You can see how our price has stayed the same beyond the incident. I don't think it affected us as much as people say. We have NOT been marketing ourselves almost at all, but with the status of darksend, I'm feeling confident in starting to make noise. Only problem is, I don't know how, LOL. So I'm all ears, in fact I'm gonna start a thread asking for ideas :)

I think they suffered in the mess. There is nothing much we can do about it. As long as the people who lost bitcoin will eventually get paid back, I think C-Cex did what they could. You can see how our price has stayed the same beyond the incident. I don't think it affected us as much as people say. We have NOT been marketing ourselves almost at all, but with the status of darksend, I'm feeling confident in starting to make noise. Only problem is, I don't know how, LOL. So I'm all ears, in fact I'm gonna start a thread asking for ideas :)

IDK price went from .0025 to last time I checked .0014. This was all from after the hack at C-Cex.

IDK price went from .0025 to last time I checked .0014. This was all from after the hack at C-Cex.

correlation.png

Ps: one of my favorite xkcd comics.

There was also a lot of dumping at that same time.

Personally, i don't think it's that big a deal - the USD to DRK ratiio hovers close to 1:1, which I think will be ideal in the long run for actual commerce, not just speculation. I'm not charting it, but converting form DRK to BTC, the value of DRK has been between $0.85 and $0.92 for most of the last two weeks based on just-slightly-more-than-casual observations.

Does anybody have an update on the C-Cex situation? I mean, the site is still operating as an exchange?

C-Cex made a big impact on me when I first saw it. It was a very clean interface. Really smooth and looked the part. I wonder how difficult and time consuming it would be, to build a decentralised exchange that looks and works exactly like C-Cex (minus the hacks of course!).

Does anybody have an update on the C-Cex situation? I mean, the site is still operating as an exchange?

C-Cex made a big impact on me when I first saw it. It was a very clean interface. Really smooth and looked the part. I wonder how difficult and time consuming it would be, to build a decentralised exchange that looks and works exactly like C-Cex (minus the hacks of course!).

Well C-Cex is the only exchange I've ever come across that keeps me logged in indefinitely. Also at the time of this post they're website wouldn't load for me.

Of course we are. We have many improvements since launch, new much faster servers, better security (2FA (e-mail, sms, google authenticator), e-mail confirmations, SSL, DDoS protection, anti-theft protection, hot/cold storage).
We are very welcome to trade DRK at our exchange!

c-cex has had major improvements to try and get more users to trade and speed up repayment of effected users. I am trying to convince them to take paper wallets as deposits.

They also have halved their withdrawal fee and speed up deposits to improve trading.

Hello everyone,

I would like to warn the community of C-Cex.com who are trying to pull of a MTGox on me having "misplaced" 358.5 or my darkcoins (or $5368.99 at the time of the transaction) after withdrawing them from my account to Bitfinex.
It has now been 5 days since my coins have been gone and all that C-Cex has found to say about the matter was something about a "cold wallet" without giving any more details and blaming me for what they call "threatening them" when I brought this matter to Twitter warning people of using their exchange.
I have involved my lawyer to solve the issue, hopefully they will come to their senses and "find" my coins if not then we'll take action against them.

Thanks for reading.

Any news on this?
Since today they've blocked me from accessing my account.
I've emailed Darkcoin.io so that they make it so that Darkcoin be removed from C-Cex, haven't heard from them yet.
Please share this info, C-Cex is just a bunch of scammers.

Since today they've blocked me from accessing my account.
I've emailed Darkcoin.io so that they make it so that Darkcoin be removed from C-Cex, haven't heard from them yet.
Please share this info, C-Cex is just a bunch of scammers.

Transaction IDs or it didn't happen!

May I join this "investigation"? Maybe I could get 10 drk lol :)
My name is Yuriy, and yes, I'm from Ukraine.
The person started this thread threatened and abused me several time so beside I have solution for him He choosed the way to spread bad words about c-cex. No problem - it is his decision.

My exchange is not for scamming peoples. Day by day it becomes better and has more volume. Yes, we had issue feb, 23 and I personally wrote detailed report about it.

Back