• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Decentralized uncensorable social media and platform for dapps

akhavr

This is not directly related to Dash currency, so feel free to move in a more appropriate place on the forum.

Yet, I'd like to share a note for a project that I'm starting for public feedback, comment and criticism.

https://github.com/akhavr/johngalt/blob/master/p2p.content.md

tl;rd:
  • a set of protocols to create a toolkit for uncensorable both client-server, and blockchain, and other p2p style apps
  • easy conversion of usual web apps to the uncensorable network
  • key management and end-to-end encryption
  • app store and set of basic apps to enable voluntary group governance and finances.
Please, comment. Thanks

This is not directly related to Dash currency, so feel free to move in a more appropriate place on the forum.

Yet, I'd like to share a note for a project that I'm starting for public feedback, comment and criticism.

https://github.com/akhavr/johngalt/blob/master/p2p.content.md

tl;rd:
  • a set of protocols to create a toolkit for uncensorable both client-server, and blockchain, and other p2p style apps
  • easy conversion of usual web apps to the uncensorable network
  • key management and end-to-end encryption
  • app store and set of basic apps to enable voluntary group governance and finances.
Please, comment. Thanks
I think this is a nice idea

Thanks.

Now I'm working on the implementation plan deeper and hopefully soon will post an update.

The focus, likely, will be on enabling a literally point-and-click p2p investment, loan and insurance DAO creation, an ability conduct an open arbitration that would be binding in a current legal system, and enabling other dapps that are very necessary but overregulated.

i totally agree with amanda there

ton of talk and no action eventually
it would be great to have a page like that come out for real, i am more than happy to test run this and put a Dash page up
(if anybody can pull this off it is akhavr and his gang)

thing is, to really hit the 'mainstream' it has to be simple to use !
i tried some of these decentralised pages, and it is way too complicate for a general user to drop his FB page to get involved there, so
'easy usage for tech nobs' should be high on the agenda
;)

I'm very well aware of this: have friends running diaspora nodes and complaining that no one wants to join :)

That's why I'm focusing on solutions to really important problems: p2p lending, investment, insurance, justice, etc. Social network here would be used as a means to have an identity and reputation and I'll try to design UX to push users to a collective action. Thus social **action** network.

I'm still figuring out a messaging, if my explanation aren't clear - please ask.

My god there are a lot of buzzwords and dreams mixed in together here. Maybe grab one of the simpler ones and become really good at that? Its how civilization has moved forward so far.

Like Bitnation? An platform for competing with the state services? If it is what I think it would be really nice cuz I don't see their main product being released in the next year or so at most. And as I see a platform with masternodes running any purpose apps would be more powerfull than Bitnation for sure, it could even integrate Evo's accounts to make funding transfer a smooth process. Am I thinking about it right or I misinterpreted some part if it?

Like Bitnation? An platform for competing with the state services?

Bitnation, per my feeling is way too centralized and broad.

And State (any) doesn't provide any service, that was not done privately, originally, but taxation. And, well, taxation is just a theft, not a service.

If it is what I think it would be really nice cuz I don't see their main product being released in the next year or so at most. And as I see a platform with masternodes running any purpose apps would be more powerfull than Bitnation for sure, it could even integrate Evo's accounts to make funding transfer a smooth process. Am I thinking about it right or I misinterpreted some part if it?

It can integrate masternodes and dash social. Masternode owners may run JG services in parallel on their virtual machines. And Dash social can be used to unlock an access to the keychain, stored on ipfs.

The design is extremely layered and, if I'm wrong in my vision at any step, somebody else can build a better version on a previous protocol layer.

Thanks. Good to hear you are a voluntaryist as I'm an ancap, and I think almost everyone here is :). As I'm seeing it it have an enourmous potential to kick out the state, more than Bitnation, and the idea of running masternodes for such a platform, permiting light mobile dapps is awesome, I already had thought about it in the past after seeing Evo. Keep up the good work! I'm really happy, very good news here. :)

This is a really interesting project @akhavr, I'm glad the thread re-surfaced because I had totally missed it. Really ambitious also!

I need to digest a little after reading, but while going over it I remembered about a decentralized blockchain based twitter style app that I really like... although I'll admit I haven't used in a while because one can only use a number of social networks :)

Anyway, more info here, maybe it is useful for something:
http://twister.net.co/

Back