• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Equibit Tittle trading platform, hiring DASH Dev

JuanSGalt

Howdy Ladies and Gentlemen,

I've been contacted by Chris Horlacher and Nathan Wosnack from Equibit and asked to help them find a DASH developer for their private and decentralized securities exchange platform.

Their intention is to build a kind of decentralized exchange between core blockchain coins and other financial technologies like Bitcoin and likely DASH, as well as an equity management and communication systems that is decentralized, private and end to end encrypted. Anyone will be able to shot full node clients and there'll be a blockchain.info style website.

After my speech at Anarchapulco they seem to have fallen in love with DASH and seen the great benefits of the Governance system and the Masternode network.

They decided to use DASH's core code instead of Bitcoin's for these exact reason as well as its built in coin mixing.

They are willing to pay well for a Developer that is familiar with the DASH code base.

This seems like a great opportunity for DASH to reach institutional finance's attention, since Horlacher was the CFO of a securities brokerage company and their team seems well connected with traditional finance.

Here's their website. http://equibit.org/

Any idea or suggestions as to a developer that would know the workings of DASH well enough and be interested in working with them? Horlacher tells me they have been working on this platform for years and are far ahead of the competition which is mostly made up of big banks just entering the game in recent months.

Please email me at [email protected] for details.

If you help me find a developer and he/she is hired by Equibit, then I'll give you a solid tip.

Best regards.

To DASH!

Juan S. Galt

Howdy Ladies and Gentlemen,

I've been contacted by Chris Horlacher and Nathan Wosnack from Equibit and asked to help them find a DASH developer for their private and decentralized securities exchange platform.

Their intention is to build a kind of decentralized exchange between core blockchain coins and other financial technologies like Bitcoin and likely DASH, as well as an equity management and communication systems that is decentralized, private and end to end encrypted. Anyone will be able to shot full node clients and there'll be a blockchain.info style website.

After my speech at Anarchapulco they seem to have fallen in love with DASH and seen the great benefits of the Governance system and the Masternode network.

They decided to use DASH's core code instead of Bitcoin's for these exact reason as well as its built in coin mixing.

They are willing to pay well for a Developer that is familiar with the DASH code base.

This seems like a great opportunity for DASH to reach institutional finance's attention, since Horlacher was the CFO of a securities brokerage company and their team seems well connected with traditional finance.

Here's their website. http://equibit.org/

Any idea or suggestions as to a developer that would know the workings of DASH well enough and be interested in working with them? Horlacher tells me they have been working on this platform for years and are far ahead of the competition which is mostly made up of big banks just entering the game in recent months.

Please email me at [email protected] for details.

If you help me find a developer and he/she is hired by Equibit, then I'll give you a solid tip.

Best regards.

To DASH!

Juan S. Galt

maybe a good idea to have kot check in with them

If you go to https://www.dash.org/team/ and start from the top and work your way down, you go from most qualified for such a job to least ( of course I should be higher up lol ). Do you know which programming language they're looking for?

I will ask the guys if anyone is interested in this (I hope yes :))

sorry
I was thinking to check in with that conpany direct , and see what they are actually looking for (and if they pay or expect that for free with dash integration / you know how they are)

If you go to https://www.dash.org/team/ and start from the top and work your way down, you go from most qualified for such a job to least ( of course I should be higher up lol ). Do you know which programming language they're looking for?

And now I'm gone from the list? Seems like someone in the team doesn't have much of a sense of humor. fernando ? kot ? Not sure who else controls that website except maybe eduffield and flare

Last edited by a moderator:
And now I'm gone from the list? Seems like someone in the team doesn't have much of a sense of humor. fernando ? kot ? Not sure who else controls that website except maybe eduffield and flare
11zwne.jpg

Hi fulltimegeek ,
It has nothing to do with sense of humor or working in the shadows / feelings etc. It is about the clear team structure.
Let me explain it. Core team has specific goals and dedicate a lot of time working on specific project portfolio (listed every month in the report). Your support is good and valuable, however you work on different projects (or drive your own projects). This is good - this is the ultimate goal of our ecosystem: to have multiple DAOs working on Dash development. Core team is just one of DAOs and it does not mean that anyone who works on different projects is less/more valuable. There are many people not listed on the website (like Tao, Buster, Tante, Node40, Alex, Eric and maaaany others), who do many good things and are not listed there. They simply work their own way (not necessarily the way represented by the core team) - it does not mean worse or better.
There are many great people actively supporting Dash and doing something for the project but not being members of the core team. If I would have to list all of them, this would be probably a list of more than hundred individuals from this forum + some "outsiders". But I guess this is not the purpose of this page...

You are always more than welcomed to join the projects driven by the core team :).

Hi fulltimegeek ,
It has nothing to do with sense of humor or working in the shadows / feelings etc. It is about the clear team structure.
Let me explain it. Core team has specific goals and works a lot on specific project portfolio (listed every month in the report). Your support is good and valuable, however you work on different projects (or drive your own projects). This is good - this is the ultimate goal of our ecosystem: to have multiple DAOs working on Dash development. Core team is just one of DAOs and it does not mean that anyone who works on different projects is less/more valuable. There are many people not listed on the website (like Tao, Buster, Tante, Node40, Alex, Eric and maaaany others), who do many good things and are not listed there. They simply work their own way (not necessarily the way represented by the core team) - it does not mean worse or better.
There are many great people actively supporting Dash and doing something for the project but not being members of the core team. If I would have to list all of them, this would be probably a list of more than hundred individuals from this forum + some "outsiders". But I guess this is not the purpose of this page...

You are always more than welcomed to join the projects driven by the core team :).
fulltimegeek Yeah, I used to be like you and wanted to be on that core team list, but it's way more fun not to be on it.

As alex-ru said before, it's great to be "semi-official" in that you can still do your thing to support Dash, without being restricted by an "official" way of doing things. This was the reason he didn't want to be put on the core list, and I share that view.

Keep doing what you're doing, and know that you are part of a dynamic list of "non-core" members who do a lot to move Dash forward in their own way...

fulltimegeek Yeah, I used to be like you and wanted to be on that core team list, but it's way more fun not to be on it.

As alex-ru said before, it's great to be "semi-official" in that you can still do your thing to support Dash, without being restricted by an "official" way of doing things. This was the reason he didn't want to be put on the core list, and I share that view.

Keep doing what you're doing, and know that you are part of a dynamic list of "non-core" members who do a lot to move Dash forward in their own way...
I never asked to be on the core team. Evan put me on once I said I was going full-time starting Dec. 25. I'm staying away from all this drama. The knife in my back hurts quite a bit. Later!

Hi fulltimegeek ,
Let me explain it. Core team has specific goals and dedicate a lot of time working on specific project portfolio (listed every month in the report). Your support is good and valuable, however you work on different projects (or drive your own projects). This is good - this is the ultimate goal of our ecosystem: to have multiple DAOs working on Dash development. Core team is just one of DAOs and it does not mean that anyone who works on different projects is less/more valuable. There are many people not listed on the website (like Tao, Buster, Tante, Node40, Alex, Eric and maaaany others), who do many good things and are not listed there. They simply work their own way (not necessarily the way represented by the core team) - it does not mean worse or better.

It's fine, I'll just add community profiles to whatisdash.org I guess.

You guys and this "core" team mentality needs to slow the eff down. Whether you realize it or not you ARE coming off as autocratic as hell.

Take a step back, maybe you'll see how. And no its not JUST you kot. It's a collective attitude that pops up here and there towards some of us in this community, and all it does it drive people away from Dash, VERY fast.

edit: TLDR - Dash is either a COMMUNITY project, or it isn't, it can't be some hybrid. Pick one, make it clear. You guys set everyone up to want to help out, then you constantly smack thier wrists. How NOT to run a DAO 101.

If you want to blame on anyone - blame on me. It was me who cleaned the website.
Yes, I know I am not super-sensitive but this is the type of work where you need to make decisions (sometimes unpopular).

PS. I don't want to discuss about the attitude TheDashGuy. You know why...

If you want to blame on anyone - blame on me. I was me who cleaned the website.
Yes, I know I am not super-sensitive but this is the type of work where you need to make decisions (sometimes unpopular).

PS. I don't want to discuss about the attitude TheDashGuy. You know why...

I'm literally and honestly not attempting to "troll" you in any way.

So let me ask you, what type of sentence structure would make you realize I am TRYING to point out something that is affecting both the core team and the community at the same time.

You cannot ask for help, then shun and sideline people as you guys please, the whole project will die out if thats the teams mentality....

You WILL lose control of Dash one day, get over it. Noone cares. It's to be expected, and as far as I'm concerned I feel as if that is what really worries you guys, losing "control" of Dash.

Or is there something else? because you have easily 10+ VERY active community members VERY aware of this attitude and treatment and are getting very fed up with it in general.

So what do you think we should do or think kot? There needs to be a clear way "into" and "out of" the core team, it can't just be a one-off decision by one guy such as yourself... that is NOT decentralization, period.

Honestly, I can't believe this! The Android and Iphone wallet developers are the MOST important part of Dash! If you think Dash is going to get anywhere without mobile wallets you are mistaken. Fulltimegeek is a fulltime core member in my opinion and so should Hashfast. Thomas has also joined development too. Let's get our priorities straight.

The latest post about direction for core included IX receive capability on mobile phones. We will also need mobile wallets to work with Evolution. How can this be done without mobile wallet developers actually in the core team? How does this look to the outside community with no android developers in the core? Here is that post:
https://dashtalk.org/threads/dash-2016-roadmap.8068/

TheDashGuy
Sure - feel free to propose the clear way. Your opinion matters as well.

I will also TRY to explain something - I have no intention to control the project. No one has this intention as far as I know. So I am not worried about losing control I do not have.
I work on this project as any other open-source contributor works. I am lucky enough to have a lot of time to work on Dash and this work is somehow useful. Some day it may change.
I am pretty sure that my name will disappear from this list one day too. This is not given forever and I will not cry because of it :). This is not a popularity contest for me - it is just a I work I want to do as long as I have time and skills useful here.
There is a huge difference between supporting and controlling.

Solarminer
Android wallet is being developed indeed (by HashEngineering and tomasz.ludek ). I have asked fulltimegeek if he wants to join them in these efforts and he gave me an answer that he is going to be more involved on other projects and play the other things on his end. I fully respect this.

Solarminer
Android wallet is developed indeed (by HashEngineering and tomasz.ludek ). I was asking fulltimegeek if he is going to join them in these efforts and he gave me an answer that he is going to be more involved on other projects and play the other things on his end.

So because Fulltimegeek isn't going to work on the exact same things as two other android developers, he isn't in the Core? Fulltimegeek is helping with the wifi portal project which will be an leap forward in point of sale technology. It will probably be the biggest benefit to Dash than anything else. Just because someones activities don't fit in a box, doesn't not mean they are not valuable or needed.

It is a huge mistake, in my opinion, to have a core list without any android developers(still don't see hashfast or thomas on the list). So are we now required to submit projects to fund android development? Or are we just going to have wallets with advertising in them?

So because Fulltimegeek isn't going to work on the exact same things as two other android developers, he isn't in the Core? Fulltimegeek is helping with the wifi portal project which will be an leap forward in point of sale technology. It will probably be the biggest benefit to Dash than anything else. Just because someones activities don't fit in a box, doesn't not mean they are not valuable or needed.

It is a huge mistake, in my opinion, to have a core list without any android developers(still don't see hashfast or thomas on the list). So are we now required to submit projects to fund android development? Or are we just going to have wallets with advertising in them?

We are the subordinates in this scenario, it's like trying to reason with your baby sitter at the age of 12, it's just not going to work, she's going to tell you how it is, and you have to listen.

Le sigh.

Just so we clear the water here, you guys in the "core" team (not all of you) need to go back to being community members first and core members second. Something has started to unravel on your guys end and the collective organization of the project is suffering in my opinion due to this, we are losing interest faster than gaining it as far as people who are actually doing work on the projects and marketing. kot You basically just told 1 out of 3 of your android devs to fuck off.

Are we going to ignore that part or do you have something to say about this?

I don't feel like trying to convince you anymore, karma has its own way of working everything out so I'm not worried, just please for the love of god, step up your game and stop playing this us vs them game PLEASE.

If anything, delete the whole goddamn core team page, it's pointless. There is no core team, there is the first group of devs to work on Dash, calling it a core team in the first place shows a broken understanding of what decentralization actually means. You guys have got to get this through your heads, equality is equality, and sorry to say kot but you keep acting in a very autocratic way, maybe you just need less to do? You seem stressed out. Maybe you all need help? You guys are running so thin you have barely even update us on whats going on anymore...

Back