• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

PinIdea ASIC X11 Miner DR-1 Hashrate 500MH/s @320w Weighs 4.5kg

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to get one of your big miners too. Sure not for current (unedited, I hope) price = 500 DASH (at present DASH excange ratio). Somewhere about 1600-1700 USD, not more...

I would also like to get 4-5 pcs of USB miners. :wink:

we are at the end of march when can we start purchasing these machines?

This.

You have some serious investors who are wondering if this is even real. We don't mean to bust balls for the sake of it, but we really want to know.

I chatted briefly with soleo and he indicated there is an additional few day delay. They are waiting for the cases and heatsinks. Soleo you should have someone grab a picture of the pcb's before the heatsinks are installed, would be fun to see some pictures.

That would have been nice to know. Keeping people updated on what's going on can make all the difference.

A lot of things about this release makes me doubt the validity. Truthfully, iBeLink did a pretty good job at demonstrating the miner was real and existed before they even started taking orders. I don't see that here, except for a video of a USB miner which at least shows some hope

we are at the end of march when can we start purchasing these machines?

This.

You have some serious investors who are wondering if this is even real. We don't mean to bust balls for the sake of it, but we really want to know.

end of march is here .. lol

starting to have serious doubts here... lack of proper communication or updates on your progress is a major red flag in my book.

A lot of things about this release makes me doubt the validity. Truthfully, iBeLink did a pretty good job at demonstrating the miner was real and existed before they even started taking orders. I don't see that here, except for a video of a USB miner which at least shows some hope

Yes, the shipping and order date is a little delayed now because of some conditions that we cannot control . As far as I want to keep everyone in the loop, I don't want to spam everyone. We are not taking any orders yet simply because we want to be sure that we can deliver on time. I'm pretty sure that we would be able to publish a video of the final product before ordering. I'm sorry that I didn't reply back all your emails, but at the same time please understand that we're a really small team that try to manage everything in our hands. Right now, our main focus is to deliver the machines as soon as we can meanwhile the quality of the machines would be up to our standards. Personally, I don't want to send out messages while we won't be able to realize the promises. If you have already sent an email to me, you're already in my contact list, and you will know the start ordering date and shipping date once we're sure that machines are ready.

IMG_3600.JPG

IMG_3599.JPG
IMG_3598.JPG

Current Progress: The current test shows that we can reach about 500 Mh/s at 320w. The speed is okay, but the heat sink is too weak, so we're going to replace it. The weight would be about 4kg. The estimated shipping date would be April 8th now since we have a Chinese National holiday (http://www.timeanddate.com/holidays/china/qing-ming-jie).

Very nice! looks great. I am sure hoping I managed to get on the first 50 list. Waiting patiently for email to order. Could you give more details on your pricing, I would like to get funds in place for next week. if you are sticking to 500 dash that will be 8.5 bitcoin = 3500+ us or 4700+ can. any decision on if you could give us a fixed price in US dollars, or bitcoin? Thanks again for the pics, really stoked.

We appreciate the pictures, how about some a bit more zoomed out so we can get more of an idea of what's going on there? Thank you again for the ones you have sent

View attachment 2336
View attachment 2337 View attachment 2338

Current Progress: The current test shows that we can reach about 500 Mh/s at 320w. The speed is okay, but the heat sink is too weak, so we're going to replace it. The weight would be about 4kg. The estimated shipping date would be April 8th now since we have a Chinese National holiday (http://www.timeanddate.com/holidays/china/qing-ming-jie).

I spent a little time developing air and water cooling systems for hybrid vehicle controllers. Just from this picture it looks like you need to direct the airflow through the fins on the heatsink. You can do this by adding a few metal fins pointing to the heatsink(basically blocking the space between the heatsink and case), or you can just add a few fans directly to the heatsink. I am sure you guys have a solution worked up, but that might be something to try.

Thanks for the pictures, I know many of us have been impatiently awaiting them.

From this I have two questions. Originally you had indicated these miners would use SPI however the Pi in the picture does not have anything plugged into the SPI port. Has the design switched to USB instead of SPI for the interface?

Secondly what is the power connector used for the miner. You have indicated we need to provide a power supply and it is ATX. But is it using the 6 and 8 pin PCIE connectors from the power supply like many miners or does it use the larger 24 pin connector?

Lastly like Solarminer I doubt the heatsink itself is the issue but instead airflow. I imagine you will have a solution shortly, getting a different heatsink can possibly solve it with taller fins but you can probably work with what you already have with slight changes to direct airflow.

500 dash at the time of their posting was almost $4. This puts their price right around $2000 USD, and I imagine it will remain close to that figure.
Maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back