• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash Handout Cards (International) - Translation Help Please

tungfa

Foundation Member
Masternode Owner/Operator
alex-ru started the idea of producing these cards (Business Card Seize/style)
to use as handouts for anybody who is talking to Family/Friends/Co-Workers/.... about Dash !
I think this is a great idea !

WdmFYVw.png

High Res Downloads:
https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=27885588

But need translations of:
Digital Cash
Instant - Private - Secure

Translations done:
Russian
Portuguese
French
Spanish
Polish
Czech
Chinese
Tx

Last edited by a moderator:
French translation:
(Digital Cash) argent liquide numérique (or simply argent numérique)
(Instant - Private - Secure) instantané - personnel - sûr

French translation:
(Digital Cash) argent liquide numérique (or simply argent numérique)
(Instant - Private - Secure) instantané - personnel - sûr

KDaaxuo.png

Merci :wink:

Osobista is not the best translation. By private they mean something like anonymous. Use anonimowa instead of Osobista
I wondered the same thing for the French translation. “Private” could be translated by “privé”, “anonyme” or “confidentiel”, but in each case there would be a slight loss of meaning. “Personnel” seems to encompass all meanings of the English “private”.

We have to be meticulous in our translations.

I wondered the same thing for the French translation. “Private” could be translated by “privé”, “anonyme” or “confidentiel”, but in each case there would be a slight loss of meaning. “Personnel” seems to encompass all meanings of the English “private”.

We have to be meticulous in our translations.
It is a bit subjective. Everybody can understand the word in a slightly different way. I think anonymous sounds better in Polish rather than personal.

Reactions: daf
It is a bit subjective. Everybody can understand the word in a slightly different way. I think anonymous sounds better in Polish rather than personal.
You're perfectly right.

In the French case, “argent numérique” means “digital cash” but also “digital money” in a broader sense. Stressing on the “cash” side would result in “argent liquide numérique”, but it's probably too long for a slogan.

If I make another version are you going to target and kill me tungfa?

Why not write up a small guide on a website people could order these from as well?

In Spanish:

Digital Cash = Efectivo Digital
Instant = Instantáneo
Private = Privado
Secure = Seguro

What do you think aleix? I also have doubts about private, but I think confidencial or anónimo don't fit either.

Czech version

Digital Cash = Digitální hotovost
Instant = Okamžitá
Private = Soukromá
Secure = Bezpečná

In Spanish:

Digital Cash = Efectivo Digital
Instant = Instantáneo
Private = Privado
Secure = Seguro

What do you think aleix? I also have doubts about private, but I think confidencial or anónimo don't fit either.

mmh, yeah I agree private is privado, we also can use confidential or personal.. but that means something else...

Hmm... kot initially I was against, but asked my wife (the "avarage user") and she confirmed, without any doubt - Cyfrawy Pieniądz sounds much better...

looking good
keep it coming please

i start the edits later (when more time and this is a bit clearer )
:wink:

:smile: Nice!

A small explanation of DASH on the back of the card could be a good idea. Maybe something like the explanation on dash.org

Dash (DASH) is an open sourced, privacy-centric digital currency with instant transactions.
It allows you to keep your finances private as you make transactions without waits, similar to cash.

Could increase the cost a bit, but may be worth it.

:smile: Nice!

A small explanation of DASH on the back of the card could be a good idea. Maybe something like the explanation on dash.org

Dash (DASH) is an open sourced, privacy-centric digital currency with instant transactions.
It allows you to keep your finances private as you make transactions without waits, similar to cash.

Could increase the cost a bit, but may be worth it.

the idea here is that is handed out after a personal explanation
(i use my Dash business cards, others could use this)

this is not for handout to general public on the street ?!
i had more links on there, alex-ru wanted to keep this simple :wink:

Back