• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Amanda billyrock

Yah, when I discovered her background, I was impressed too. She's a pretty cool pretty face! I found out when I read someone who posted below one of her Daily Decrypt shows, they said something like "Where have you been Amanda Billyrock?!" And so I researched it, LOL. Then I became a pretty big fan :)

Awesome, you're in New Hampshire? Or her family home in Utah, or something like that? LOL If you're in New Hampshire, you should have spoken up when they were looking for someone to present at the 20,000 libertarian or what not get-together ??

Oh... incoming flashback!
I remember I followed Amanda Billyrock on youtube... cool libertarian chick... than lost track. Now I see The Daily Decrypt and had no idea it was her! Now I feel embarassed, it's like not recognizing Clark Kent is Superman because of the glasses!

On a second note, Cody Wilson rocks!

The link gives me this: Access To Website Blocked

Here:

Anarchist blogger, Amanda “BillyRock” Johnson, yesterday published an in depth breakdown of Dark Wallet, the bitcoin startup co-founded by Cody Wilson, the maker of the Liberator 3D printed gun.

Like bitcoin itself, Dark Wallet was not made for criminals, but with its rather ingenious system of “stealth addresses” that make it nearly impossible to track expenditures, the media so far has largely focused on the illegal potential uses of the tool.

Enter BillyRock.

A well-known blogger (with a record) in the Anarchist community, who recently closed up shop to join Content Factory and Bitcoin Magazine, BillyRock performs a detailed analysis of the software.

Here’s three legal reasons she writes an entrepreneur might want to use a stealth wallet, edited for length:

1. You’re an online merchant, and your website doesn’t provide a new sending address for each customer order. All your revenue goes to the same address. Anyone can see your company’s account balance, transaction history and frequency of transactions. This creates a competitive disadvantage, especially for startups and small businesses. A low account balance may make a business appear less attractive to potential customers.
  2. You run a newsletter or site that publishes controversial opinions or content. You rely mostly on donations, and readers of your content are more likely to donate if they know that their donation cannot be traced back to them. Your publication’s freedom of speech is protected because donors can send to its stealth address.
  3. You’re an average Joe or Jane, and you’d like to publish your Bitcoin address’s QR code on your business cards, in your outgoing email signature, on your blog and just about anywhere else you can think of. You feel awkward and even embarrassed, however, handing out a business card that’s essentially a free pass to view your current balance and transaction history.
Earlier this year BillyRock spoke at the Liberty Forum conference in Nashua, New Hampshire during an event called “ Babes of Bitcoin,” about the disproportionate amount of male bitcoin users, and gave some tips on what men can do to make that change.

Back