• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

No mining needed?

NCM

There's debate in other coins about pow vs pos. Why can't the coin distribution just go to the mn's?

Point taken Ghost.....

POS only would not be a good thing for DASH.

EDIT: and the ASIC guys would be seriously pissed off - lol

I'm not suggesting screwing current miners. I'm saying why can't the distribution go to nodes. The ability to afford 1000 dash is a different discussion. Hypothetical you don't need either pos or pow. Just pon, proof of node (uptime).

At one-time, there was the idea of POS being thrown around "privately" [details not included here]
but
Nothing ever came of it.

I'm not suggesting screwing current miners. I'm saying why can't the distribution go to nodes. The ability to afford 1000 dash is a different discussion. Hypothetical you don't need either pos or pow. Just pon, proof of node (uptime).

Don't believe I am following. MN's get 40% of block rewards for their PoSe - Proof of Service. They ping the network roughly every hour to prove they are up, if not, they drop from the list and when reactivated go to the back of the list.

So could you start a coin and operate it on POSe for distribution, no mining, no pow?

Miners still have to process the blocks
so
No.

edit: unless you decide NOT to pay them - them, then yes

Other metrics exist within the higher complexity of PoService that could be proof-hashed. I've mulled this notion considerably. I know there's a nail here, but my hammer has not yet found it. I stopped thinking about it and found better things to do with my time since it's unlikely to be implemented even if it makes sense and is doable.

DASH bureaucracy and all...

Reactions: NCM
Dash was PoW from the start, and will likely stay PoW.

PoS (proof of stake) is broken by design, dev team does not even consider to migrate to it.

The current PoSe (proof of service) implementation in Dash is to weak to let network security solely rely on it. Pinging the network is not "proof" you are actually doing something ("work")

So no, the block reward will continue to be shared between miners and nodes - which is Dashs strength comparing to Bitcoin.

Dash was PoW from the start, and will likely stay PoW.

PoS (proof of stake) is broken by design, dev team does not even consider to migrate to it.

The current PoSe (proof of service) implementation in Dash is to weak to let network security solely rely on it. Pinging the network is not "proof" you are actually doing something ("work")

So no, the block reward will continue to be shared between miners and nodes - which is Dashs strength comparing to Bitcoin.

Man - lol - flare.....
[but I knew somebody would speak up - lol]

Some of us know the answer to the question
- I just wanted to see how long it would take to him/her to figure it out - lol
[twisted? - maybe - - - harmful? no]

YES - POS is very broken and Masternodes are a great alternative solution = POSe

POSe - YEAH BOOOOYYYYYYYYY!!!!
but
And I would hope you would agree here: "There 'could be' another alternative to POW - but nobody has thought of it - YET."

Thinking outside of any box is not always easy.
but/and
It's very hard.
Creativity is something that can be triggered by the simplest of moments and could happen at any time.
[I should know - but - not gonna explain here - ugh]

Edison didn't create the light bulb on the first try - but look at all the MANY different lights we have now.....
[and YES - X-rays are considered to be a 'light' - even though you can't see them [eletro-magnetics rule :p]
...and YES, even X-rays have different 'flavors/colors' called keV
......hummmmm - is crypto really any different from that point of veiw? - I would think not - use your imagination - be creative.....

I, personally, don't know if something like, creating a new form of POW and/or POS and/or POSe can [or can't] actually be accomplished with code but what I do know is that if you don't try, it will never happen

I do believe that DASH needs to be BASF'd : BASF, we don't make products, we make products better....[whatever happen to those guys?}

I'm not gonna sit here and kiss Evan and any DEV's ass but - I have to admit, the work they have done is ground breaking - and new [I personal Hate the word AWESOME but yes - it is awesome] - but - we all know that there is still work to do. There always will be,,,,,,There will always be work to do and if the works stop - DASH had better be a humanly safer version [maybe a cousin of] Sky-net

There is a reason the Latin language is a dead, dead, language and the English language is a living language... think about it

BUT in all serious - I do congratulate Evan and ALL, current and past DEV's for the hard work they have done and/or will do.

Keep up the GREAT work guys !!!!

BUT
Little worried though [not really but - this is how rumors start if not 'controlled by the man']
- I never did get much of an answer from the APPLE/FBI question : https://dashtalk.org/threads/has-evan-or-any-dev.8067/
Except from fernando and
I do love crowning ('s) response - which is SO true, "They'd have a hard time forcing back-doors into an open-source project"
BUT
That does not answer the Question:

Have you, Evan, or any of the DEVs, been contacted by any "GOV representatives"?
Recently or in the past - concerning DASH?

Your silence would scream YES
Because of being told not to talk about and/or deny the experience....... Still waiting......

You have had plenty of time to respond - but to date: 02.21.2016 @ 03:00 EST - you have not
......and that would lead me to believe that you have - but you cannot even acknowledge any request/question to even answer said question, even indirectly

Have you been threatened with the Patriot Act???? or even some Law that the masses have no clue about?

Oh wait - you DEV's can't answer that.......

.....................and, I now digress.

- well, that ended up 'some place'...... not weird at all.

Last edited:
So in the 40 min's that I posted this......

WHY not - why not restrict DASH to CPU mining only??
There has it be a way to code DASH to look at the CPU ONLY and go ahead and KILL GPU's and anything else - ASICs

SOLO-MINING : sentgenerate true -1, or : 1; 2; 3; 4 etc etc
Built into the DASH Protocol..... ONLY!!
If any other mining is attempted - DENIED!!

If you really want a TRUE decentralized solution - make people use the solo-mining option only!!!
1 computer
1 Wallet
1 CPU
100 DASH = YES to mining

You create a NEW way to reduce exchange liquidity and from the Masternode model, increase price
AND
Use the 100 DASH as the Liquidity Provider for DarkSend while they process the block AND process the DarkSend

PROBLEM SOLVED - if it can be coded of course

IF not - find a variation to the above.

We can make every user a solo-miner and kill the 51% forever

Of course not all devices can solo mine but using a single core out of 2-4-6-8-10-12-16 cores, would not be so bad and it would allow for greater community involvement

The way Evolution will work, we're going to need the miners. They're an essential part of security. They will come up with the seed of how masternode quorums will be grouped, keeping everything random and making it impossible to mess with. So honestly, we need the miners, even when the masternode quorums are making all the decisions. Personally, I think it's a brilliant solution and extremely secure. I can't wait until we get it running!

Have you, Evan, or any of the DEVs, been contacted by any "GOV representatives"?

The only thing his silence proves is that he has way too much mentions and emails to answer :smile:.

Really, a couple of times I've talked with him about this and it is just crazy. He's mentioned somehow in every thread in this forum, all the time in bitcointalk, included in every channel in slack and sent a crazy amount of email. There is no way he can keep up with all that and code on top of that. I'm afraid you will probably have to settle with the answers of those of us who have already answered :wink:.

Don't believe I am following. MN's get 40% of block rewards for their PoSe - Proof of Service. They ping the network roughly every hour to prove they are up, if not, they drop from the list and when reactivated go to the back of the list.

Proof of Service is a powerful concept.

Man - lol - flare.....
[but I knew somebody would speak up - lol]

Some of us know the answer to the question
- I just wanted to see how long it would take to him/her to figure it out - lol
[twisted? - maybe - - - harmful? no]

YES - POS is very broken and Masternodes are a great alternative solution = POSe

POSe - YEAH BOOOOYYYYYYYYY!!!!
but
And I would hope you would agree here: "There 'could be' another alternative to POW - but nobody has thought of it - YET."

Thinking outside of any box is not always easy.
but/and
It's very hard.
Creativity is something that can be triggered by the simplest of moments and could happen at any time.
[I should know - but - not gonna explain here - ugh]

Edison didn't create the light bulb on the first try - but look at all the MANY different lights we have now.....
[and YES - X-rays are considered to be a 'light' - even though you can't see them [eletro-magnetics rule :p]
...and YES, even X-rays have different 'flavors/colors' called keV
......hummmmm - is crypto really any different from that point of veiw? - I would think not - use your imagination - be creative.....

I, personally, don't know if something like, creating a new form of POW and/or POS and/or POSe can [or can't] actually be accomplished with code but what I do know is that if you don't try, it will never happen

I do believe that DASH needs to be BASF'd : BASF, we don't make products, we make products better....[whatever happen to those guys?}

I'm not gonna sit here and kiss Evan and any DEV's ass but - I have to admit, the work they have done is ground breaking - and new [I personal Hate the word AWESOME but yes - it is awesome] - but - we all know that there is still work to do. There always will be,,,,,,There will always be work to do and if the works stop - DASH had better be a humanly safer version [maybe a cousin of] Sky-net

There is a reason the Latin language is a dead, dead, language and the English language is a living language... think about it

BUT in all serious - I do congratulate Evan and ALL, current and past DEV's for the hard work they have done and/or will do.

Keep up the GREAT work guys !!!!

BUT
Little worried though [not really but - this is how rumors start if not 'controlled by the man']
- I never did get much of an answer from the APPLE/FBI question : https://dashtalk.org/threads/has-evan-or-any-dev.8067/
Except from fernando and
I do love crowning ('s) response - which is SO true, "They'd have a hard time forcing back-doors into an open-source project"
BUT
That does not answer the Question:

Because of being told not to talk about and/or deny the experience....... Still waiting......

You have had plenty of time to respond - but to date: 02.21.2016 @ 03:00 EST - you have not
......and that would lead me to believe that you have - but you cannot even acknowledge any request/question to even answer said question, even indirectly

Have you been threatened with the Patriot Act???? or even some Law that the masses have no clue about?

Oh wait - you DEV's can't answer that.......

.....................and, I now digress.

- well, that ended up 'some place'...... not weird at all.

i am not really sure if you interested in my answer reg FBI contacts ...
the answer is NO
fernando is totally right, evan is swamped, and will probably not answer (as he really has other things to do)
no answer does not scream anything at all, please do not overthink this,
it only screams that he is coding as he as the lead Dev is supposed to be

and why would they contact us ?
come on, we are running on 25 Mill market cap, that is really nothing in the bigger picture
:wink:

Back