• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Company Memo: We just fired Michael Terpin!

nightowl

I actually just saw this happening. I was busy voting after seeing the tool: http://ericsammons.com/dash-budget/

Here's mnbudget before:

Code:
"transform-pr" : {
  "URL" : "www.dashwhale.org/p/transform-pr",
  "Hash" : "a425e35fa2db7c55b0b0d8cb430b9df9925cb7cc1b9322d3635ec4c744121b00",
  "BlockStart" : 398784,
  "BlockEnd" : 456940,
  "TotalPaymentCount" : 3,
  "RemainingPaymentCount" : 2,
  "PaymentAddress" : "Xfx8ex2u39USMbZDZmjTFPviSu13esvkj6",
  "Ratio" : 0.71969046,
  "Yeas" : 1609,
  "Nays" : 623,
  "Abstains" : 0,
  "TotalPayment" : 3300.00000000,
  "MonthlyPayment" : 1100.00000000,
  "Alloted" : 1100.00000000,
  "TotalBudgetAlloted" : 7147.26000000,
  "IsValid" : true,
  "IsValidReason" : "",
  "fValid" : true
  },

and then a few moments later...

Code:
 "transform-pr" : {
  "Name" : "transform-pr",
  "URL" : "www.dashwhale.org/p/transform-pr",
  "Hash" : "a425e35fa2db7c55b0b0d8cb430b9df9925cb7cc1b9322d3635ec4c744121b00",
  "FeeHash" : "6424a7f1d06e10a0a7f9c38006b99f03825f99a40c51ab1f7090dd645693ad6c",
  "BlockStart" : 398784,
  "BlockEnd" : 456940,
  "TotalPaymentCount" : 3,
  "RemainingPaymentCount" : 2,
  "PaymentAddress" : "Xfx8ex2u39USMbZDZmjTFPviSu13esvkj6",
  "Ratio" : 0.51568543,
  "Yeas" : 1132,
  "Nays" : 1098,
  "Abstains" : 0,
  "TotalPayment" : 3300.00000000,
  "MonthlyPayment" : 1100.00000000,
  "IsEstablished" : true,
  "IsValid" : true,
  "IsValidReason" : "",
  "fValid" : true
  },

Dude, you seem to be bit lost so let me quickly help you. I can see that you are young and passionate, and that's great, but take some advice from some older people here. You took a knock, your ego is a bit bruised, it's all new, but it will be ok. Trust me. You do seem like a great guy and I think all of us here want to see that guy again

So with a relaxed calm voice I'm saying: Nobody rejected you. We simply didn't like the last proposal, and like in any corporate environment we expect the best.

Right now you are tarnishing your great name by acting in a very specific manner. And no, you were not censored. It was made very clear that Slack is a development tool. Stop pushing an agenda. You're not fooling anyone.

Donald Trump probably would have said it best. "Stop being a crybaby because they didn't accept your proposal. Grow a pair, get back up, make a new proposal, and knock it out the park!"

So really, just chill, clear your mind, it'll all be ok.

To the community. Dammit did I step in this one. Sorry. I've been scanning the "recent posts" on my phone the last few days, I knew something was up, but I didn't get the whole story. I just got myself updated and.... dammit.... as I'm reading all these posts I realise posting this was like me running into a glass door... full speed... slow motion. My bad.

The sad part is, I was like all excited wanting to come here and say "Wow guys, I love this process. I felt like part of something!"

So new rule: never get too excited, read the forum first!

Dude, you seem to be bit lost so let me quickly help you. I can see that you are young and passionate, and that's great, but take some advice from some older people here. You took a knock, your ego is a bit bruised, it's all new, but it will be ok. Trust me. You do seem like a great guy and I think all of us here want to see that guy again

So with a relaxed calm voice I'm saying: Nobody rejected you. We simply didn't like the last proposal, and like in any corporate environment we expect the best.

Right now you are tarnishing your great name by acting in a very specific manner. And no, you were not censored. It was made very clear that Slack is a development tool. Stop pushing an agenda. You're not fooling anyone.

Donald Trump probably would have said it best. "Stop being a crybaby because they didn't accept your proposal. Grow a pair, get back up, make a new proposal, and knock it out the park!"

So really, just chill, clear your mind, it'll all be ok.

To the community. Dammit did I step in this one. Sorry. I've been scanning the "recent posts" on my phone the last few days, I knew something was up, but I didn't get the whole story. I just got myself updated and.... dammit.... as I'm reading all these posts I realise posting this was like me running into a glass door... full speed... slow motion. My bad.

The sad part is, I was like all excited wanting to come here and say "Wow guys, I love this process. I felt like part of something!"

So new rule: never get too excited, read the forum first!

I will just let you keep playing catch up on all the threads instead of arguing with you. You have made valid points just like everyone else, which have been repeatedely addressed.

To simplify.
Give us analytics or don't sign a contract with a PR firm for 3 months, and tell everyone what to expect ahead of time.

For the record: I am not a MN owner yet, so the community must agree since it's been voted out 2 times now in 2 days. Why is everyone stuck on me? GO figure out why the PR firm is trying to play us like fools. I will stop with the swearing and constant posting, but no one likes to be ganged up and, so sorry for standing up for myself and what i believe in and actually winning. My bad.

Points taken, everyone can stop repeating themselves now on how my attitude sucked the past 2-3 days.

Everyone seemed to love me when I had nothing against the regime to say, guess thats how most "dissidents" must feel at some point though.

edit: and please don't bring Trumps retarded self into this. He's not worthy of anything, especially not a presidential position. #SandersForPresident

But Mr TheDashGuy (and I say that with respect, because up until now, I very much respected you): this is normal company operating procedure. Every day, in every company, people make lots of proposals. 2 of your's weren't great, it got rejected, but you tried! Good! Awesome! So thank you for trying (again... respect). I'm simply pointing out to you that you are not looking at the bigger process.

Similarly, any big company would hire a supplier or service provider, and sometimes, guess what, sometimes.... the supplier just isn't that good. The company then has a board meeting, and they would agree to stop using the supplier. And that is exactly what happened here. Mr Terplin didn't perform the way we expected, the board got together all in their own time, and he got booted.

Also, in a similar fashion, the companies developers would get together behind closed doors to discuss important development tasks. It would be in the company's best interest to keep the great graphic designers (like yourself TheDashGuy) out of that meeting. Do you see where this is all going?

I think the mistake people make here is that they think this is all "open source". It's not. We're a company running on open source. But make no mistake. This. Is. A. Company. And it's awesome.

And based on that, Mr TheDashGuy, I'm actually quite pissed. I read that you just directly went and used up 1500 messages of the allowed 7000 messages. That's like you running into a boardroom where the developers are at work, screaming and shouting, throwing your papers all over the place, and it is... quite frankly (well, I'll leave it up to you to decide if that is mature behaviour).

If you look at the bigger process you will find peace and we all can move on.

Points taken, everyone can stop repeating themselves now on how my attitude sucked the past 2-3 days.

Everyone seemed to love me when I had nothing against the regime to say
Don't you mean weeks?
Are you sure everyone loved you? Even craigrant is less anoying than you, and he is a confessed troll. I can only imagine the wreck you were causing on slack.

Don't you mean weeks?
Are you sure everyone loved you? Even craigrant is less anoying than you, and he is a confessed troll. I can only imagine the wreck you were causing on slack.

You are starting to sound like a troll yourself will all of your negative posts.

There is an ignore list ya know?

You are starting to sound like a troll yourself will all of your negative posts.

There is an ignore list ya know?
See what it's like?

Kidding aside, for a long time I was silent about your posts (not the content of any individual post, but the aggregate of them), thinking that everything would work out on its own, and maybe that was a mistake. By not voicing any concerns and trying to be polite, it might have given you the feeling that everything you posted was loved by all the community. Not that I imagine everyone is like me, but I'm pretty sure there are some who share my opinions but didn't want to mention anything to the new guy with lots of energy. You need to know you your behavior is annoying (at least to me). Now you know. Not that I expect you to please everyone, I certainly don't do it myself.

See what it's like?

Kidding aside, for a long time I was silent about your posts (not the content of any individual post, but the aggregate of them), thinking that everything would work out on its own, and maybe that was a mistake. By not voicing any concerns and trying to be polite, it might have given you the feeling that everything you posted was loved by all the community. Not that I imagine everyone is like me, but I'm pretty sure there are some who share my opinions but didn't want to mention anything to the new guy with lots of energy. You need to know you your behavior is annoying (at least to me). Now you know. Not that I expect you to please everyone, I certainly don't do it myself.

Then we should fully understand one another, so whats the issue here?

I'm doing he same thing you would do if an issue arose you disagreed with. I'm just actually being effective at changing peoples minds aka lobbying. Should I say sorry or? It's been pointed out many times over my methods hurt my image, I'm ok with that. I'm working on it, but you guys are preaching the same shit my ex girlfriends have said and even my parents. I;m a passionate individual, and I enjoy standing my ground. Not to say I don't know how to listen. I just know when to listen and when to stand my ground.

We would be paying Transform PR another 1100 Dash in two days except now we are not. You are welcome, now go ask for some data to back up the HUGE amounts of money we are throwing at them.

and edit: Imagine the type of lobbying I will do when I refine my methods.... might as well start today and stop offending people I geuss.

Then we should fully understand one another, so whats the issue here?

I'm doing he same thing you would do if an issue arose you disagreed with. I'm just actually being effective at changing peoples minds aka lobbying. Should I say sorry or? It's been pointed out many times over my methods hurt my image, I'm ok with that. I'm working on it, but you guys are preaching the same shit my ex girlfriends have said and even my parents. I;m a passionate individual, and I enjoy standing my ground. Not to say I don't know how to listen. I just know when to listen and when to stand my ground.

We would be paying Transform PR another 1100 Dash in two days except now we are not. You are welcome, now go ask for some data to back up the HUGE amounts of money we are throwing at them.

and edit: Imagine the type of lobbying I will do when I refine my methods.... might as well start today and stop offending people I geuss.

Not paying Transform PR is a huge step backwards and I am disappointed people have been convinced by your lobbying.

You want results okay set the stage.

1.How do you measure results? (Articles,followers what?)

2.In what kind of time frame would you want these results? (How long does a PR campaign normally take?)

3.Is the payment equal to similar PR work?

4.How should we structure the contract? (and talk to the firm about this)

5. The coins will be burnt otherwise, is to reasonable to cancel the contract now?

This could have all been put into a single post/thread and discussed then resolved there.The infighting and rabble rousing I am seeing are not the calm careful consideration I thought was the Dash norm.

Lastly the proposal was put forward by Eduffield and he has not let the community down for a very long time, well ever really.

Don't you mean weeks?
and as my name is so powerful, how about you give me your opinions on this video i created today about the Grant Cryptocurrency

craigrant
You microphone was picking up the wind noise. Do it indoor or get an appropriate mic.
You were kind of prolix. Make a script with your main talking points.
Make a couple of slides to explain what you are talking about and you can edit it in.

craigrant
You microphone was picking up the wind noise. Do it indoor or get an appropriate mic.
Make a couple of slides to explain what you are talking about and you can edit it in.
yeah right, you are strait up lying about the microphone, you are not even a real human being, because you don't have ears

craigrant

I think he always uses his phone for video recording , suggestion: use the headphones with Mic (long cable) for best sound (super cheap , no need to buy remote mic

I think he always uses his phone for video recording , suggestion: use the headphones with Mic (long cable) for best sound (super cheap , no need to buy remote mic
Some people use a cheap digital voice recorder with a lavalier mic and get great results.

Not paying Transform PR is a huge step backwards and I am disappointed people have been convinced by your lobbying.

For the record, I personally didn't send my "No votes" based on anything TheDashGuy said. I've been missing from the forum for about a week due to work obligations. I was looking at this tool http://ericsammons.com/dash-budget/ which I saw on reddit. For the first time I realised that there is a "race" between proposals.

I think that this was a huge win for the Dash Community. We basically sent a very clear and strong message that we, the decentralized autonomous organisation, will not take any BS. For the first time in my life, I voted for what I believed was right. It was an exhilarating and brand new experience. We're in uncharted waters, but at the same time, making history.

The masternode owners are exactly like a board of directors. Future suppliers need to understand that. As for Michael Terpin, I believe that as the owner of the PR agency, he did absolutely nothing to address the "board of directors". He could have just asked one of his employees to just post a "teaser" of what he's doing or what he has planned.

I also looked at his Twitter (not that I'd call twitter PR) and he had 1 tweet about Dash. So far that's the only visible thing I can see, and it quite simply doesn't look good. I'm not impressed in the slightest, and neither are 1111 other masternode owners (as of 8:00AM GMT)

The fact that we voted him out shows that we're a strong community and not just a bunch of "yes men".

Also remember, there are lots and lots of PR agencies. Just because this PR mission failed does not mean we are hungry for PR. I would gladly vote yes for another suggested PR proposal, this time just with a provider that understand: keep us updated or we will vote you out.

5. The coins will be burnt otherwise, is to reasonable to cancel the contract now?

Wait... what!?

Please tell me this is not true. I don't want any coins to just be burnt. The whole point of this system is that we move forward as financially efficient as possible (one of the main reasons I choose Dash). If voting "No" on a non-performing proposal causes the coins to burnt, it basically forces us to stick to a yes vote. This would make these very long proposals (spanning years) very dangerous proposals as we could literally burn a lot of cash.

Please, for the love of all that is good, please tell me point 5 isn't true.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please, for the love of all that is good, please tell me point 5 isn't true.

To further clarify my statement, I did understand right from the beginning that the unspent part of the budget is burnt, however, in the way that Sapereaude phrased it, it seemed like funds for that specific proposal would get burnt anyway. Evan very much impressed me with the logical way he put together his systems, so I highly doubt this is true, but I'd just like some clarity to be on the safe side.

Back