• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Budget Proposal - Vendor-Experience UPDATED

Emotions are not all bad here...I am excited about all the offers to help. Really encouraging.

Camo....well. He is trying to encourage a fight instinct so the conversation switches to "Lets do this, now where do we start?" instead of "Why do it?".. It seems to be working with a few volunteers. Don't let the way he gets his point across detract from the goals of the project.

To be honest i was not referring to you, i observed and respect the rationality that you demonstrate in your posts and the excitement you feel about it is understandable.

Good luck with your proposal.

To be honest i was not referring to you, i observed and respect the rationality that you demonstrate in your posts and the excitement you feel about it is understandable.

Thanks. I didn't think that was directed at us either. Just making an attempt to switch the discussion to a more positive attitude.

If you look at photos from Miami you will see one thing glowing brighter than anything else there. Not only metaphoricaly speaking, it was actually glowing bright while all other objects, items and people were pretty dark. The Soda Machine.

I support the guys behind this project and would love to see it be funded.

Then I suppose it's unfortunate that I live in a free country. Ban me or block me.

I shall do neither. All I ask is that if you feel compelled to post in this thread, have something constructive to say. FUD is never appreciated.

FWIW, voted yes.

The past performance of this group has been fruitful. Let's see if they can continue the winning streak.

If you look at photos from Miami you will see one thing glowing brighter than anything else there. Not only metaphoricaly speaking, it was actually glowing bright while all other objects, items and people were pretty dark. The Soda Machine.

I support the guys behind this project and would love to see it be funded.
I had to sabotage the lights just to get a decent picture of our girl standing next to it... A dark hallway with 10 tables... The bitcoin "conference" they called it... I've been to high school 4H expos that were 20x what that was...

To call it a joke would be an insult to jokes. Even really bad ones. Like this: What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing! She's been told twice already!

Voted YES.
How many proposals did we have from people who actually want to do things in RL?
On marketing, "Masternode Owners" :rolleyes: voted yes almost without questions, yet when some ordinary people from community are wiling to make worthy things happen, people act like they were being robbed. It's not like they are going to get a million dollars in a first batch.
And really, 8 years is something to bitch about? If you know how DGBB work, it could be even set on thousand years.
If you don't trust them, well I guess you have no choice but not to be lazy MN owner.

edit: ordinary means motivated, skilled, experienced and fearless :tongue::grin:

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone that`s currently considering voting yes or already voted yes should read the crap Camo posted on dashwhale.

This one takes the cake:

07d9ThN.png

Anyone that`s currently considering voting yes or already voted yes should read the crap Camo posted on dashwhale.

This one takes the cake:

07d9ThN.png

You're certainly in the woods. I'll make it easy for you
./dash-cli mnbudget vote 74e9003906b2ddba7b0115e9bc728367255122cf8da64b5bafec22b9d35683af no
go Dash

You need to manage to turn that fear, uncertainty and doubt into a powerful sense of wanting to do the best you can for Dash :wink:
Yeah, better wait and see. Maybe the price of my dash will go up when I watch the charts only.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you believe this is the only question, then just throw your money away to anyone who promises you anything.

I want to create the software and hardware to easily interface with a wide variety of products and some pink unicorns on top. Now give me your money and don't worry about the details.
The only thing they're promising is to WORK on this goal, find the best ways to do it, interact with merchants to come up with solutions. They are creating a new core development team for Merchant integration, this is 100% necessary for the success of Dash.

We have a more flexible notion with less ePeen. Not that it's a bad project. We just have a better idea that could service more than mere vending machines. moocowmoo is already beyond this and he's giving it away once he's happy with cleaning it up. Hell, I'm already beyond this and I'm terrible. I've done keypad interfaces with the good ol' Basic Stamp and PICaxe microcontrollers. Ah, those were the days... Nerding just to nerd isn't useful tho. The only reason a Pi is even needed is to handle the overhead of dashd and monitor network traffic. If you're not even doing that, then you're only making an example of fat code. Do it with an 8-pin 0.1MHz PICaxe and I'll give it a pass... If I can do it, surely an expert can... I'm not trying to mock it... But look around at the massive resource bloat/waste that has come into the picture since the Arduino... No one writes tight code anymore, or bothers to learn their architecture well enough to know how even if they had to... Look what the Amiga did for Babylon 5... Try that on a PC of the same era?

It should also be noted that the Pi2B just barely does the job. It still misses observations now and then. We need to upgrade to a much more powerful platform, like the XU4. But, as of v0.13, it should be possible to do the job with a Pi Zero. Which I already blew a bunch of money buying from gougers so we'd have the platform ready to go, before we hit this bizarre budgeting roadblock... I gave one to each member of the team, and bought 5 for myself because, well, they know why, lols! oaxaca volunteered his CHIP, but I think we'll stick with the more distributed Pi line even though it's not actually better. It's plenty good enough. Cost-wise there isn't really a lot of savings between the Pi0 and the Pi2B. The XU4 is a costly little bugger tho and I've got 3 now. But you can't argue with it's I/O and raw muscle. Sahweet little machines, those XU4s...

I soldered up the TI logic level shifters and could pretty much go shove the new hardware in the machine yesterday, but woah nelly, not after this bru ha ha....

If the community doesn't want it because they're scared and would rather talk shit. Wahtevs. I'm supposed to be on a boat right now. You're welcome.

Notice that this doesn't get used for Bitcoin anywhere that actually matters... Because Bitcoin can't do anything that actually matters. It lacks the feature set to fulfill it's own vision. DASH can restore Satoshi's vision, pull it back out of the stinking pit of ponzi/mlm BS that crypto has become. But nobody wants that... Rather squat in a cave polishing their precious... Remember that boat I mentioned? It quite literally will sail. Or someone will fork these features that have been left rotting on the vine...

This place is no better than btctalk. DW now is also toxic. I came here to escape the idiocy. Ironic.

Back