• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Add stealth addresses?

I'd love to VTC to recover a bit, I liked that community and I had some VTC for some time.

Stealth addresses look like a nice solution, but I would like to know how it works for the user in the wallet/blockchain. Does he has to do anything? What happens if someone always uses the same address to receive payments? I assume that all transactions are public in the blockchain but nobody knows who owns each address. If someone uses an address to receive multiple payments, how does proof of payment work? If I find that the person to whom I want to send VTC has received a transaction of the same amount, what prevents me from claiming that the sending address is mine instead of the person that really paid? Is there a way to prove ownership over an address?

l7EsgaV.png

"From: unknown" -- cool! I wonder how that looks in blockchain. How do they proof they really have the coins?

Here's one example of how they look in the blockchain:
http://montest.vertcoin.org:8080/tx/1f06f9c7fae5800eec689fa061705a71120633e16670d7114f2d886714109ea4

They look like any other transaction. From the developer's blog (http://blog.vertcoin.org/?p=27):

Stealth addresses increase privacy for a recipient by allowing you to publish a stealth address, which is like a seed which the sender then uses to generate a unique one-use Vertcoin address for the transaction. All the transactions remain public on the blockchain, but knowing the entire transactional history of your stealth address is now no-longer possible except for you, the holder of the secret key.

vertoe I'm already on MON testnet and waiting for someone to send me some coins. Tell me if you get in and we can make some more testing.

Thanks for the link, it is nice to know that those who know what they are talking about don't worry much about this :)
BTW, do you happen to have a list of important posts in bitcointalk thread or you got that just by searching?
My mind seems to be pretty efficient in retaining relevant pieces of information to whatever I'm interested at, however I do use a search engine to find posts. So it's half memory and half search engine...

My mind seems to be pretty efficient in retaining relevant pieces of information to whatever I'm interested at, however I do use a search engine to find posts. So it's half memory and half search engine...
Too bad! I was hoping someone had a list of relevant posts. When you know you've read something you can usually google it, but my problem is that I haven't read some parts of the thread, so that doesn't work for me.

Back