• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Masternode me.

TheDashGuy

I want to write a post about the benefits of a masternode and why people should know about them, so throw your reasons at me please.

I know what Masternodes do for the most part, I know that they are collateralized etc but from a random bitcoiners perspective, why would I want to own a masternode? What is the main purpose of a masternode? What is the most common usage of the masternode network? What possibilities does a collateralized masternode network open up?

Thanks for the input! Feel free to give me technical descriptions, but the shorter the sentence the easier it will be understood by the masses.

I want to write a post about the benefits of a masternode and why.
a bitcoiner might be told the masternode is an incentivised full node on the DASH network, in v13 it will have many more roles than now... not sure why any individuals waste resources hosting full nodes on bitcoin

Last edited by a moderator:
"I want to change the world. How do I do that?"

Run for political office? Nah.
Start a non-profit? Nah.
Do unto others? Nope

Be a responsible Masternode owner!

xbpox.jpg

On a related note...

I was thinking how our sponsorship of the The Daily Decrypt didn't quite go as planned and we have to accept a little responsibility for not keeping them fully informed and up to date. So I was thinking, maybe we could expand on this and put together a "Press Pack" to go under the contact page of dash.org. Nothing too long, just a breakdown of dash's key features, history, hi-res logos and so on.

Back