• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

We need this. Amazing 30 Second Commercial like video...

TheDashGuy

I saw this over at the Reddit Bitcoin sub and it is literally the best ad I have ever seen for Bitcoin and is so false all at the same time, why don't we rip this entire concept as its exactly what Dash is as far as the speed factor goes?

Take a look, this video is ideal for mass adoption of Bitcoin, the approach was great! Simple, comical, useful, short & to the point. Also in a nice 30 second format that people can't help but watch 2-3 times.

Thoughts?

Two soda machines next to each other.

A guy uses the machine on the left and pays with bitcoin. A 10 minute timer starts to count down. Guy crosses his arms, whistles and looks around awkwardly.

Guy walks up to the machine on the right, pays with dash, gets his soda and walks away.

Two soda machines next to each other.

A guy uses the machine on the left and pays with bitcoin. A 10 minute timer starts to count down. Guy crosses his arms, whistles and looks around awkwardly.

Guy walks up to the machine on the right, pays with dash, gets his soda and walks away.

In fact "speed of Bitcoin" depends on number of confirmations that vendor requires... In "zero confirmations" mode Bitcoin can work as quickly as DASH+InstantX.

So on this 4 year-old video we can see Bitcoin vending machine worked quickly enough...

And with snacks there is no big risks for vendor to accept bitcoin with no confirmations...

The absolutelly different story is about selling expensive goods... How about buying 1 kilo Golden bar (~34.000 USD = 10.000 DASH, current InstantX limitation) - obviously nobody will sell gold without confirmations...

If Bitcoin becomes popular and somebody creates an easy to use double spend app (I mean Peter Todd has already written the code https://github.com/petertodd/replace-by-fee-tools/blob/master/doublespend.py), I bet vending machines offering cheap goods will also want at least one confirmation. I'm not quite sure what the profit margins are on snacks but if 1 in 5 are double spent then that's 20% turnover gone. I can see many teenagers taking advantage of this for a quick free snack, especially on drunken nights out.

Back