• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Will DASH payments work something like this?

dazman

DASH_website_payment_process_with_manual_option.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Dash account? - I don't get it, sorry., looks too complicated to me. Why am I doing username stuff on a website? no no no, I want all this stuff under my control. I just want to launch my wallet and pay instantly... your website would see the transaction go through and automatically update. The 2FA stuff would ideally be between me and MNs, not the website.

It's another added security layer, I guess it's not needed if people choose to use one time password but I think it should be there or something like it if with drop down boxes with obfuscated values being sent back if users use the normal password option.

I've updated the image slightly again.

As well as being easy to use our system needs to be as secure as possible, including being social engineering proof (one time passwords, 2FA etc). When we become successful we will be high up on attackers lists and I think we need to have solid security from the start.

...but I'm always cautious of server side asking for passwords or part-passwords.. easiest thing to do is build up a complete picture from it's parts....

Yeah possibly... but I think we certainly need 2FA and One time passwords. I'm sure eduffield and the team are on top of this. We can't afford any security issues with the new system as it would destroy everybody's hard work and DASH's reputation before it even gets off the ground. If people choose to pay manually then it is up to them to secure their funds but if people use DASHPay and the DAPI and they lose their funds then we are really in the $%@**!.

You know in bitcoin they have a standard payment form that fills in stuff automatically.. not just the payment address but also an expiry time for the payment... I don't know what BIP it is or the format... anyway, an upgraded version of that would be nice. The improved version would ideally be crypto neutral, so that other cryptocurrencies can adopt the same form. The requester form would specify the target currency and value (USD, EUR, CNY etc), along with the accepted currencies in the form.. this would allow for a mixed payment from the user and, thus, not requiring an exchange.

Maybe something like....

{
"seller-name": "TheBookShop.com",
"basket-id": "123456",
"basket-expiry": "2015-12-31 1355"
"product-title": "How Dash Overtook Bitcoin by dazman"
"target-currency": "USD",
"target-value": "9.99",
"accepted-cryptos": ["dash", "bitcoin", "nubits", "peercoin"]
"keywords": ["books"]
}

Back