• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Masternode off network after IP change {moved from mining forum}

spinner

I recently re-IP'd my MN, updated the IP in both dash.conf on local and remote systems, then restarted. From what I can tell dashd starts fine (getinfo works and displays up-to-date block) and cold-start from the local MN is also successful, however on the MN when I 'masternode status' I receive:

service: [old IP]:9999
pubKeymasternode: [different pubkey than before]

I assume I'm missing something simple - anyone have any pointers for me?

Thanks!

[I originally posted this in the mining help forum, but realized it should be here]

After a complete reboot of both sides, the pubkey receiving address is back to normal, using the '0' address originally setup to receive the MN payments.

It looks like the only issue now is the service is still listing the old IP.

Looks like you changed the ip the genkey but havent stopped the masternode and waited 70min to let it go offline the network.
After this period you could start the node again with different IP.
One started the node if you use dash.conf with masternode=1 I consider to move it to "0" instead so it will not go offline and online and so on all the time. (on your local machine)

Hey Splawik, thanks! After keeping the MN off for a few hours I just started the daemon and fully cold-started from the local wallet and now 'masternode status' is showing the new IP and I can grep the new address in the MN list.

We're good!

Back