• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Enhanced Darkcoin Wallet UI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yo
I am not totally retarted :wink:
It did NOT switch to anything else than "today"
?!

i swear i can not change from 'today'
i am stuck there !
:smile:
spaceballs or not

Dummy question #461

My transactions are all gone ?
no idea what happened.

When i click (top left) 'today', shouldn't that switch to all ?
It does not ? Bug ? (Mac)

I just tried this on my Mac, no problem at all, the normal select options show up there and I'm able to select "All".
Does "Reset Options" help?

I just tried this on my Mac, no problem at all, the normal select options show up there and I'm able to select "All".
Does "Reset Options" help?

That totally worked
(before it was really stuck)

tx man
:smile:

Hello crowning !

For Repair Wallet Options, is it possible to have another button with both -zapwallettxes and -reindex? (So we don't have to do this in command-line or shortcut.)

And btw, what's the difference between "-zapwallettxes=1" and "-zapwallettxes=2" ? I've tried both buttons but I don't see any difference.

Thank you! :)

Hello crowning !
For Repair Wallet Options, is it possible to have another button with both -zapwallettxes and -reindex? (So we don't have to do this in command-line or shortcut.)

It's possible of course, but do you think this combination is used by enough people (and often enough) to justify another button? After all you can first do one and after the restart do the other one.

And btw, what's the difference between "-zapwallettxes=1" and "-zapwallettxes=2" ? I've tried both buttons but I don't see any difference.
Thank you! :)

-zapwallettxes 1 tries to read the meta-data from the transaction (value, from, timestamp, account name, etc.), -zapwallettxes 2 not.

But it can only read what's already there, and right now that seems to be not very much. Maybe that'll change in the future...

It's possible of course, but do you think this combination is used by enough people (and often enough) to justify another button? After all you can first do one and after the restart do the other one.

-zapwallettxes 1 tries to read the meta-data from the transaction (value, from, timestamp, account name, etc.), -zapwallettxes 2 not.

But it can only read what's already there, and right now that seems to be not very much. Maybe that'll change in the future...
Well, I've used both in one restart but I don't know if other people do the same. If it's too much trouble, don't worry, I can always put them together in the shortcut and run the wallet. Thanks, crowning. :)

moli I think -zapwallettxes and -reindex are kind of... perpendicular so to say.
-zapwallettxes - clean any txes known by your wallet and rediscover them by rescanning blockchain (either filling back old data from a copy or not)
i.e. blockchain was ok, it's smth wrong with txes in your wallet
-reindex - recreate blockchain index
i.e. wallet is kind of ok but blockchain is broken

moli I think -zapwallettxes and -reindex are kind of... perpendicular so to say.
-zapwallettxes - clean any txes known by your wallet and rediscover them by rescanning blockchain (either filling back old data from a copy or not)
i.e. blockchain was ok, it's smth wrong with txes in your wallet
-reindex - recreate blockchain index
i.e. wallet is kind of ok but blockchain is broken
You mean they contradict each other?
I thought if we have a wallet that has conflicted tx's and a broken chain file... Then the command '-reindex -zapwallettxes' would fix both problems in one shot. No?

You mean they contradict each other?
I thought if we have a wallet that has conflicted tx's and a broken chain file... Then the command '-reindex -zapwallettxes' would fix both problems in one shot. No?
No, they don't contradict, it's completely fine to use them together and this should fix both issues but I mean it's quite a rare situation, no? I think in most cases it's a wallet issue (conflicted txes etc) and that requires zapping, in rare cases it's a fork or a major upgrade and that requires reindex. Both issues together... hmmm I don't really know...
To add more: reindex is a computationally/IO heavy operation while zapwallettxes (and rescan that happens automatically during zapping) uses way less resources i.e. take way less time to complete. So if I would have some problem and I had no idea what was broken (wallet or blockchain) I would start with rescan/zapping first and would use reindex only in cases when rescan didn't work.
But if we imagine someone who is "I don't care about time, just do whatever is possible to make it work" then this "combined" option could be ok too I guess :wink:

Wallet should be intelligent and automatic enough so user does not need get involved and press
some mystical buttons if there is some problems :wink:

Wallet should be intelligent and automatic enough so user does not need get involved and press
some mystical buttons if there is some problems :wink:
Yeh, and cars should be intelligent and automatic enough to drive user where he wants without user being involved in pushing some mystical pedals. That already started to happen but it took some time :wink:

Yeh, and cars should be intelligent and automatic enough to drive user where he wants without user being involved in pushing some mystical pedals. That already started to happen but it took some time :wink:
Yep, i do not mind push the buttons, i love it, but newbie user do not.

Edit: typos

No, they don't contradict, it's completely fine to use them together and this should fix both issues but I mean it's quite a rare situation, no? I think in most cases it's a wallet issue (conflicted txes etc) and that requires zapping, in rare cases it's a fork or a major upgrade and that requires reindex. Both issues together... hmmm I don't really know...
To add more: reindex is a computationally/IO heavy operation while zapwallettxes (and rescan that happens automatically during zapping) uses way less resources i.e. take way less time to complete. So if I would have some problem and I had no idea what was broken (wallet or blockchain) I would start with rescan/zapping first and would use reindex only in cases when rescan didn't work.
But if we imagine someone who is "I don't care about time, just do whatever is possible to make it work" then this "combined" option could be ok too I guess :wink:
I've done this many times... Did a lot during testing... Just did it again with a few leftover testnet wallets last weekend so i was just wondering if there was a button for it... lol..

But AjM is right, we have whatchamacallit? "autonomous governance"... ? it's about time to have an "autonomous" wallet that's not controlled by humans and can be self-auto corrected! :)

Reactions: AjM
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back