• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Cannot Find Dash In New Wallet

DarkWolf

I downloaded the latest wallet update as instructed and followed the directions to import my Dash from the old wallet to the new one. However, despite the merger successful, I could not access my Dash. How do I use my two backup files to regain control of them?

What system are you running ?
did you update from v12 -v 12 ?

reindex should do the trick

Do you know how to teindex over terminal ?
I am on phone and do not have the command line on me
But will post that to you later (1-2) when back on computer

quit wallet
start terminal

/Applications/Dash-Qt.app/Contents/MacOS/Dash-Qt -reindex
return
wallet will start automatic and reindex
please let me know how that goes

1dash.dat, they were created with the old wallet client which told me they were invalid. But when I tried opening them with the current client, the program simply ignored it.

Weird name :/ I'm not familiar with mac but from what I can see your wallet file is in ~/Library/Application Support/Dash/wallet.dat
Shut down your client, copy that file to somewhere safe (just in case), make a copy of your 1dash.dat file and rename it to wallet.dat and put it in ~/Library/Application Support/Dash/ then start with the -reindex option and hopefully it'll show up.

There was a wallet.dat already in that folder? And what did the client do, start up and run normally but show no transactions? If so check the last modified date on the wallet.dat now just in case I've got the folders wrong, if the date says it's been in use and nothing showed up after a reindex then I've no idea what's going on but it sounds like there's nothing in that wallet, you're sure it's the correct backup?

1dash.dat, they were created with the old wallet client which told me they were invalid. But when I tried opening them with the current client, the program simply ignored it.
It looks like your file name is "1dash.dat" ? If so you need to change it to "wallet.dat". Make sure this is the right backup wallet.dat you have from v.11. Then if you have another wallet.dat in the v.12 client folder, change it to "wallet.dat.v12", and run your client again.

is this resolved !
I swear , if you have a look in 'user-library'
you will have a DRK + Dash folder (that is confusing the QT)
secure your DRK wallet .dat
erase that DRK folder, move that wallet.dat into Dash Folder - start wallet !

Back