• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Is the new budget system driving down the price of DASH?

Split on the PR thing, (imho) Dash is way out in front of the crypto tech race and could slowly develop a rock solid user base on its merits alone, on the other there's a lot of smart folks coming up with new ideas by the hour and something could come along that changes the game completely so its best to strike while the iron's hot and get established right now. I'd vote for the latter but feel there's no need, Dash's innovations make it the highest valued coin out there regardless of what the markets may think.

The thing is you need a lot of publicity in order to make people believe in a product. No product ever stood on its merits alone.

Look at Warren Buffett for example who is an excellent showman and advertiser for his Berkshire brand. Steve Jobs was the same. There is no such thing as reality in peoples' heads but only perception of that reality. Something only exists if it is perceived. Stuff that you don't perceive doesn't exist.

IMO the core dev team should be paid their cut....and the ENTIRE remaining budget for each month should be used for marketing & awareness for at least the next 3-6 months....

If that means paying for conferences, professional marketing firms, flights, hotels, coke and hookers to keep people awake...do it.....

IMO the core dev team should be paid their cut....and the ENTIRE remaining budget for each month should be used for marketing & awareness for at least the next 3-6 months....

If that means paying for conferences, professional marketing firms, flights, hotels, coke and hookers to keep people awake...do it.....
I so agree. I don't think any of the budget should be wasted by being burned for lack of use. Taking all left overs, at this moment in time, and sticking it toward any marketing is a great idea. Even if the price goes down due to selling of those coins to pay for marketing in fiat. Because in the short term it doesn't matter one bit, and besides that, as said earlier, the low prices will make newcomers feel better about this point of getting in.

But mostly we need users. We need merchants to accept Dash, and people who want to purchase things where Dash is the best solution. Sure, currently the #1 thing crypto is great at buyin is as MrZilch suggests, but buying things overseas or from another country should be right up there with it! If you want to market your stuff to people in another country, why use paypal? The problem is, we don't have an Etsy for crypto! Little old ladies like myself, selling hand made doll sweaters from Europe to Americas or vise versa, or Ndebele artisans in South Africa selling their beautiful beaded artwork to Europeans, Americans, Asians, the Orient or Australia / New Zealand! Hell, they have EASY access to the postal service! It's not that hard. So why is it that after all his time, we have hundreds of exchanges but no straight market places?

Open Bazaar is still not up and running......... maybe we should do a budget to help them?

I never sell on ebay because they take all your money, twice, as they own paypal as well. If there were a crypto market place for selling crafts, or antiques, or other things, man, it'd be my favorite place to hang!

And see? THERE is the problem again. Open Bazaar doesn't cost anything. Therefore, there is no incentive for anyone to run the software and keep it up and running. It wouldn't take much of a fee, and hell, we could integrate it as part of our Masternode services, or voluntary services. But to do this, it has to actively be monitored for illegal items. Why? Because we have to show we're doing due diligence to protect masternode owners. There are plenty of sites on Tor for the other stuff, we need one for the FAR bigger legal commerce!

Last edited by a moderator:

The dev team should be paid there is no doubt about it. But the public awareness budget should be transparent. If the team will be working behind the scenes using budget money people will get mad sooner or later.

Agreed - but full transparency of the DEVs

Public updates on a regular basis to keep the [what little we have] 'masses' current - and not just during or after a release/update of software
FULL Disclosure of DEV holdings
etc
etc
etc

Call it the DD report - [The DASH Disclosure] - or whatever
I think we've had a couple of people in this position before but nothing came of it after a few days/weeks

I have a few people in mind that kiss the DEV(s) azzes to get things they want - let those folks be the so called PR voice of DASH - since they think their shit don't stink
[you folks know who you are]....pathetic is what it is... all about....

I hate to just not respond to everything that was said here but that would take a lot of quotes and I don't have that kind of time right now. So I'm just gonna put this in here and move along.

Hi,

hanlab is nicehash as far as I know...

EDIT:
Anyway - I can do few things but I cannot force miners to move somewhere else. This is actually miner choice what he is doing with his hashrate. Problem exist in hashrate centralisation, because as I said peviously hanlab (nicehash?) itself generates about 40% of DASH blocks every day. They could do their own pool and with some luck have 51% of power. it looks like majority of Dash network is in few hands only and either hanlab will find more profitable coin to mine or Dash will increase value so more miners will come.

Hanlab (nicehash) generates 40% of DASH blocks every day. I have no idea how many DASH per day that is and I have no idea what they do with the dash. But since were all taking guesses on whats causing the decrease in price mine is this. Hanlab (nicehash) mines 40% of all the blocks every day he/they probably gonna sell some.

I think we have to keep in mind that questioning price is not about being "disloyal" but rather "good business". I have seen a bunch of similar threads and they all devolve the same way, we call out those who question what we are doing without providing satisfactory answers.

I am concerned about this whole thing because I have a lot of money invested in Dash, both in MN and in cold storage. I do believe that price will go up over time, but I think the feedback we have been getting from the core team is not enough. I would like to see more info on direction (including details on PR).

There is a clear issue with price decline; this is an issue not only because many of us are loosing tens of thousands of dollars, but because we are not investing any more. And if we are not investing, our friends and family members are not investing, or our business partners, etc.

It is in Dash's best interests that we tackle the price issue as a community. It is not about taking individual initiative or not, it is about governance, reporting and direction. Which affects all of us.

Hope that makes sense.

Pablo.

People should be hitting up forums that they were regulars on (if any) before they entered the crypto scene IMO.

Dash has the YouTube videos now.

The links should be spread like wild fire.

Especially the "What is Dash" video.

yes everything you have said is true. But i dont think there can ever be enough if this information out there. I think it will be

This is the beauty of the voting system no? I mean we can vote on these things..... I do agree with what you are saying by the way.

I think we have to keep in mind that questioning price is not about being "disloyal" but rather "good business". I have seen a bunch of similar threads and they all devolve the same way, we call out those who question what we are doing without providing satisfactory answers.

I am concerned about this whole thing because I have a lot of money invested in Dash, both in MN and in cold storage. I do believe that price will go up over time, but I think the feedback we have been getting from the core team is not enough. I would like to see more info on direction (including details on PR).

There is a clear issue with price decline; this is an issue not only because many of us are loosing tens of thousands of dollars, but because we are not investing any more. And if we are not investing, our friends and family members are not investing, or our business partners, etc.

It is in Dash's best interests that we tackle the price issue as a community. It is not about taking individual initiative or not, it is about governance, reporting and direction. Which affects all of us.

Hope that makes sense.

Pablo.
I understand what you are saying. It's concerning to see price dips and it's natural to want to do something to combat the decline.

In reality, though, what can be done by the community in regards to this issue? If you want to try to stop day trading, you will be disappointed. It's a free market, right now there are simply more people selling than buying.

The way I see it, there is absolutely nothing we can do to stop the short-term price decline. A few of us could raid the piggy bank and attack that Ask wall, but that would only be a short-term fix, as the price would inevitably start drifting downward again.

We can all do a lot for our long-term prospects:

DGBB - Funds from this go directly to improving Dash's standard in the world on multiple fronts. Price effects from the results of many of these accomplishments will not be seen for a long time.

Individual efforts - Develop an app, start a website, spread the word in your hometown. We cannot discount the power of word of mouth. It snowballs, and multiplies over time. Create the demand, and the price has nowhere to go but up.

Maybe I'm missing something, but to me, we're better off working toward long-term goals rather than worrying about something we have little to no control over.

So while I hear what you're saying and sympathize because I'm in the same boat, I have to focus on the long term.

Do you not agree?

Is there something we as a community can do right now to raise the price?

I understand what you are saying. It's concerning to see price dips and it's natural to want to do something to combat the decline.

In reality, though, what can be done by the community in regards to this issue? If you want to try to stop day trading, you will be disappointed. It's a free market, right now there are simply more people selling than buying.

The way I see it, there is absolutely nothing we can do to stop the short-term price decline. A few of us could raid the piggy bank and attack that Ask wall, but that would only be a short-term fix, as the price would inevitably start drifting downward again.

We can all do a lot for our long-term prospects:

DGBB - Funds from this go directly to improving Dash's standard in the world on multiple fronts. Results from these accomplishments will not be seen for a long time.

Individual efforts - Develop an app, start a website, spread the word in your hometown. We cannot discount the power of word of mouth. It snowballs, and multiplies over time. Create the demand, and the price has nowhere to go but up.

Maybe I'm missing something, but to me, we're better off working toward long-term goals rather than worrying about something we have little to no control over.

So while I hear what you're saying and sympathize because I'm in the same boat, I have to focus on the long term.

Do you not agree?

Is there something we as a community can do right now to raise the price?

Hey :),
I think you missed the core of my post: what I would like to see is clear direction and reporting regarding PR and other special initiatives related to public awareness. I agree with you that nothing can be done about price short term with any lasting effect; but as an investor I need more information about what is being done with areas that affect pricing:

1. Where did the PR budget go last month?
2. What PR firms are being engaged?
3. What is the overall PR strategy for the next 18 months?

4. What is the plan vis a vis continued development (new features) vs. stabilization (Maintenance)?
5. What is the plan to put Dash in the hands of everyone in 5--10 years?
6. What are our plans regarding the Bitcoin-Dash relationship?

7. How can I help?

I strongly suspect these issues are being tackled at the highest levels, but we need to have them trickle down to us. We need to know what direction we will be taking in the next 18 months and how we are going to get there.

I agree with you on long term viability, but the more I think about it, the more I realize that call is 90% instinct. I think we could all use more data. And you know what the cool thing is? Once we have these metrics out to the community and continuously updated, you will see a price increase; because people like me are gonna start plowing money into Dash again.

:)

Pablo.

Hey :),
I think you missed the core of my post: what I would like to see is clear direction and reporting regarding PR and other special initiatives related to public awareness. I agree with you that nothing can be done about price short term with any lasting effect; but as an investor I need more information about what is being done with areas that affect pricing:

1. Where did the PR budget go last month?
2. What PR firms are being engaged?
3. What is the overall PR strategy for the next 18 months?

4. What is the plan vis a vis continued development (new features) vs. stabilization (Maintenance)?
5. What is the plan to put Dash in the hands of everyone in 5--10 years?
6. What are our plans regarding the Bitcoin-Dash relationship?

7. How can I help?

I strongly suspect these issues are being tackled at the highest levels, but we need to have them trickle down to us. We need to know what direction we will be taking in the next 18 months and how we are going to get there.

I agree with you on long term viability, but the more I think about it, the more I realize that call is 90% instinct. I think we could all use more data. And you know what the cool thing is? Once we have these metrics out to the community and continuously updated, you will see a price increase; because people like me are gonna start plowing money into Dash again.

:)

Pablo.
I will defer to eduffield, kot and balu for those points. I would like to have those answers as well. Maybe it will start on Wednesday.

Hi Guys,
Thanks for raising these concerns - we have a delay with publication of the information due to the Bitcoin Wednesday preparations.
We will fix this as soon as possible.

Back