• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Is the new budget system driving down the price of DASH?

Kinda like: shut up and go away, we don't care about your opinion:)
Its was put to a vote, and the vote was a majority.
I may point out that the test team payment vote proposed by Moli was voted down, now Moli has worked on this coin for over a year (and me a lesser extent in testnet) , we have put time and energy into this project, and recieved nothing, but I for one don't mind that, we like to help, do you ?

Would be good idea for the DEVs to release info regarding their holdings - Just like any other Publicly held company
# of MN's
and
Total DASH held

Reported each Month or even a Quarter

That would be interesting information, but I doubt we'll see it - "Virtual Corporation" not subject to same levels of disclosure as "Public Corporation".

A thread like this is to be expected after Dash takes a dive... What's going on behind the scenes is what's important, what's being done to improve DASH's situation.

I'm sure CryptoSiD is not the only one out there who feels this way, and it may be contributing to the current price drop.

It will take a while for the fruits of the DGBB to be shown in Dash value.

That would be interesting information, but I doubt we'll see it - "Virtual Corporation" not subject to same levels of disclosure as "Public Corporation".
decentralized or not, we all expect some privacy though, I would not ask any one of you, how many masternodes or bitcoins you own, so why should the whole world know how many masternodes Evan or anyone else owns, its similar to asking whats in their bank account eh.

decentrailized or not, we all expect some privacy though, I would not ask any one of you, how many masternodes or bitcoins you own, so why should the whole world know how many masternodes Evan or anyone else owns, its similar to asking whats in their bank account eh.

I not say we (or whole world) should know... I said it would be interesting information.

Its was put to a vote, and the vote was a majority.
I may point out that the test team payment vote proposed by Moli was voted down, now Moli has worked on this coin for over a year (and me a lesser extent in testnet) , we have put time and energy into this project, and recieved nothing, but I for one don't mind that, we like to help, do you ?

Yea well - moli is pretty pissed about that....

We test-neters - don't get much respect..... and it is bullshit.....

I seriously can't see how you came to that conclusion? The budget system pays for things, like PR, marketing, legal issues, paying for services, like website, website design, and a very token amount for core development. By providing for these necessary things, we increase the value of the project, which may not show at the moment, but will when all our competitors disappear from lack of interest or support, and we're getting stronger and stronger. I think every Dash proponent realizes this, whether they be masternode owners or just investors. Anyone who doesn't understand this is not seeing the big picture. Sure, we have differences on how the funds should be used, or if this system is subject to waste, but just about everyone sees it's value.

I must disagree with you, Tao, I think we're ready for PR and a professional marketing campaign. We've included it in the budget, and I'm sure they're working on it as I write here :) It just takes so long to see things launched! Hopefully, we'll have something going by January 2016's anniversary. At least that's what I'm hoping for :)

Perfect. 100% agreed.

The budget system is the most important thing in crypto after BTC itself, IMHO. No one can say that DASH is not a decentralised project, because it brought a potential total decentralisation. With it, the so called "core" team has definitely given up their power in favour of the whole DASH community.

It might not yet be perfect. But at least it is a first step.

And I also do not understand the notion that "DASH is not ready for a serious marketing and PR campaign". There is no reason why DASH should abstain from this kind of important work. The fact that it is Beta is no reason, as far as I can see it, because we are giving the first steps of something incredibly huge in the world, and I am afraid that our generation will not witness it fully and perfectly finished anyway... and, BTW, what in the world is ever perfectly finished?

It would be interesting to know how many truly independant masternode owners there are, that would be a useful infomatic.

Chalk me up as (1) on a Pi
and
I'll have my 2nd by the end of the year - on another Pi
(unless the price goes crazy)

Agreed, hey for laughs, we could compile a highly speculative table on how many masternodes everyone owns.
I will start by saying, bertlebbert = 180 masternodes :grin:
Can I be down for 233? It's a nice number, and it'd make me feel so good! Thanks! LOL

Perfect. 100% agreed.

The budget system is the most important thing in crypto after BTC itself, IMHO. No one can say that DASH is not a decentralised project, because it brought a potential total decentralisation. With it, the so called "core" team has definitely given up their power in favour of the whole DASH community.

It might not yet be perfect. But at least it is a first step.

And I also do not understand the notion that "DASH is not ready for a serious marketing and PR campaign". There is no reason why DASH should abstain from this kind of important work. The fact that it is Beta is no reason, as far as I can see it, because we are giving the first steps of something incredibly huge in the world, and I am afraid that our generation will not witness it fully and perfectly finished anyway... and, BTW, what in the world is ever perfectly finished?
Please don't get me wrong, all I do every day is Dash PR. I'm only saying that we should have as close to a finished product as possible, featuring a dummy-proof interface, and low probability of doing something that will lose your coins. If we attract huge amounts of users now, they will not be greeted by a refined product. Better to wait until Evans vision has materialized and we are close to version 1.0 to go full tilt marketing. It's a more efficient use of these funds, IMHO.

I see your point though, that it will never be truly "finished". For now, I think grass-roots marketing such as what you are doing makes sense.

I also have noticed a sharp difference in trading pre & post budget payouts. We are seeing much larger chunks of DASH being dumped or walled on exchanges, while NOT seeing a decrease in MNs. Which tells you it is not existing MN owners who are dumping their coins.

My first thoughts are either:

Cryptsy really has been scamming and stealing customer DASH and they are now dumping that DASH after sufficiently mixing the coins.

-or-

The budget payouts and possibly more DASH reserves are being mercilessly dumped and our demand is not high enough to support the additional DASH flowing into BTC.

Which does present the idea that the entire budget system may actually be our coins very demise. Perhaps it was premature? We generally don't average more than 50k USD volume a day (from what I can see at least).

Also, I wasn't around for the name change but did no one do extensive research before deciding on DASH? If we cannot get to the point where the google search "Dash" results in nothing but coin related results (and rapidly quick) this coin will "die" and another coin or technology will fill it's place. That is the cold reality of the world. It's not so much about creating a superior technology, distribution is actually much more important (which has been proven time and time again within the technology marketplace). The fact that there is not only significant competition in the name or usage of the word "Dash" but one of them is actually a PAYMENT SYSTEM makes me think that homework wasn't done at all on this one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back