• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Is the new budget system driving down the price of DASH?

Hey guys,

Great conversation you guys have going here. Looks like a little venting, mixed with some insightful thoughts and excellent ideas. Since I'm joining the conversation late, allow me to catch up, as I have a lot of thoughts on this topic as well:

Dash is so early in its development and marketing cycle, current prices are basically meaningless, from a long term perspective. Our product is not finished, existing in Beta only, and being radically changed and refined by day seemingly. Any substantial marketing effort now would be wasted due to confusion of the public. What's more, it's not very user-friendly. This good news we are having is great, as we are setting the foundation for the future with each glowing report, even if it doesn't affect the price. As for your investment, only you know what you're comfortable with, I for one couldn't care less if it goes to .0001BTC before its potential kicks in.

This meeting should reveal some of the puzzle, as Evan is keeping his cards close to the vest, and has said he will not reveal all of Evolution's details there as it is simply too much to digest at once. The price may spike a bit, but adoption and demand is the key to sustained price advances...

Exactly this. No demand. Everyone who is in is already in. This is why I continue my Twitter campaign, trying to expand our base slowly, getting crypto types to see the benefits of Dash from a speculation standpoint. The Dash value right now is driven only by traders and whales. When Dash is ready for a full on marketing blitz (easy to use, close to a finished product), then we will start to see utility drive the market.

You really need a lot of patience. This is no get rich quick scheme, and we have lots of enemies who would like nothing better than for us to fail. We have a LONG way to go.

This is the best use of our efforts at this stage. To hell with the price, just keep developing and refining, making Dash a slick product that people like using. This is key, if we want demand, we have to make it a great experience using it. Right now, it is not, TBH. That will only come with time. Patience is needed here. However, there is nothing wrong with all of us doing one small thing for Dash every day. It sure adds up that way.

My thought on this is that as long as you believe in the fundamentals and long term prospects, today's price doesn't matter. As soon as you stop believing in these things, it's time to exit your investment.

Agreed. Nothing is going to come easy, and it would be helpful if more people became hands on. That's the culture we should be creating here, everyone doing something for Dash, no matter how small.

That's not entirely true. My PR campaign has encountered hundreds of people who were not crypto savvy before I started talking with them, but I'm just one person. If everyone committed to spreading the word in a grass-roots way while we are still developing, we would be much farther ahead. Also, to be seen in magazines such as Wired and FinTech Finance shows that we are slowly making headway outside of cryptodom, but once again, we are far from a household name ATM.

Agreed. We just aren't ready for the latter, and are having success with the former. We just need to relax, decide if this is a long term investment for us, and if it is, stop looking at today's meaningless price, and drive toward the future.

Tao.
Exactement, Master Tao, thats it, summed up eloquently in a nutty shell.
The reason Evan is going to Amsterdam is move to this to the next level, and break on out from the somewhat small world caustic mentalities of the likes of bitcointalk.
Think big, thats the way to go, there is a long way to go yet, and for those short term profit makers who like to play the market for fiat profit extraction, I can only ask, why are you still here, why didn't you sell everything on the recent second all time high? :smile:

The budget system should be removed asap.

It's only good for thoses who already have plenty of dash
and it look like most people don't like it, thats prolly why the price is going down since v12.

Exactement, Master Tao, thats it, summed up eloquently in a nutty shell.
The reason Evan is going to Amsterdam is move to this to the next level, and break on out from the somewhat small world caustic mentalities of the likes of bitcointalk.
Think big, thats the way to go, there is a long way to go yet, and for those short term profit makers who like to play the market for fiat profit extraction, I can only ask, why are you still here, why didn't you sell everything on the recent second all time high? :smile:

Haha, I've known many short-term speculators decided they are long-term investors after a "quick flip" trade goes against them.

The budget system should be removed asap.

It's only good for thoses who already have plenty of dash
and it look like most people don't like it, thats prolly why the price is going down since v12.

I seriously can't see how you came to that conclusion? The budget system pays for things, like PR, marketing, legal issues, paying for services, like website, website design, and a very token amount for core development. By providing for these necessary things, we increase the value of the project, which may not show at the moment, but will when all our competitors disappear from lack of interest or support, and we're getting stronger and stronger. I think every Dash proponent realizes this, whether they be masternode owners or just investors. Anyone who doesn't understand this is not seeing the big picture. Sure, we have differences on how the funds should be used, or if this system is subject to waste, but just about everyone sees it's value.

I must disagree with you, Tao, I think we're ready for PR and a professional marketing campaign. We've included it in the budget, and I'm sure they're working on it as I write here :) It just takes so long to see things launched! Hopefully, we'll have something going by January 2016's anniversary. At least that's what I'm hoping for :)

I seriously can't see how you came to that conclusion? The budget system pays for things, like PR, marketing, legal issues, paying for services, like website, website design, and a very token amount for core development. By providing for these necessary things, we increase the value of the project, which may not show at the moment, but will when all our competitors disappear from lack of interest or support, and we're getting stronger and stronger. I think every Dash proponent realizes this, whether they be masternode owners or just investors. Anyone who doesn't understand this is not seeing the big picture. Sure, we have differences on how the funds should be used, or if this system is subject to waste, but just about everyone sees it's value.

I must disagree with you, Tao, I think we're ready for PR and a professional marketing campaign. We've included it in the budget, and I'm sure they're working on it as I write here :) It just takes so long to see things launched! Hopefully, we'll have something going by January 2016's anniversary. At least that's what I'm hoping for :)

Who got most of the budget system money??

Who's gonna dare to name him:)

Looks like you`re wrong CryptoSiD . They have many but you`ve exaggerated.

Would be good idea for the DEVs to release info regarding their holdings - Just like any other Publicly held company
# of MN's
and
Total DASH held

Reported each Month or even a Quarter

most mns are owned by devs team, evans have like 200 mns+
moocoow have like 150+
so it's easy to win a vote.

The budget system should be removed asap, thats my opinion and it won't change

Yup, if you've watched Evan's videos you'll see he considers them the foundational investors. We're mimicking the structure of a Centralized Corporation in every way except the fact that we're decentralized. People without a real stake in the corporation shouldn't be allowed to vote, as they have no real interest in its long term health. Instead, they are probably only interested in quick money investment, which can quickly kill a project like this, as can be seen from the myriad of dead currencies out on the battle field right now.

Yup, if you've watched Evan's videos you'll see he considers them the foundational investors. We're mimicking the structure of a Centralized Corporation in every way except the fact that we're decentralized. People without a real stake in the corporation shouldn't be allowed to vote, as they have no real interest in its long term health. Instead, they are probably only interested in quick money investment, which can quickly kill a project like this, as can be seen from the myriad of dead currencies out on the battle field right now.

TBH dash is less and less decentralized!

Have we seen a transparent list of people who got the coins last time and they're going to get them this time?

as far as i know, Evan is getting a lot of money from that budget system.

Who got most of the budget system money??

Who's gonna dare to name him:)
Honestly, CryptoSiD, I think your values and beliefs do not match this space. In this case, there is no middle ground. It would be best to find another project that matches your ideals.

Really not sure where you are coming from with a comment like that, I say again, what have you ever done to help Dash, why is it you think you deserve something for nothing, when the Dev team do all the work ??

Have we seen a transparent list of people who got the coins last time and they're going to get them this time?

as far as i know, Evan is getting a lot of money from that budget system.

Nope, because except for voluntarily telling about yourself, as otoh does, Dash is based on the idea of privacy. Nobody should be required to tell about themselves.

Kinda like: shut up and go away, we don't care about your opinion:)

Um, yes, as your opinion, though valid for yourself, is not the way the Dash project has chosen to go. So there is no point in arguing this any farther. If you don't like the direction Dash is going, that's valid and fine, but you won't change the direction of the project and you will quickly cause people to be irritated with you and simply ignore you. Unless you have something less fundamental that you would like changed, I see no point in this.

Back