• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

WTS Dash Art Lotterie [tickets]

Status
Not open for further replies.
JFYI: If it gets to me, I'm passing too.

Hoarding my Dash :).

Pablo.

pille Well ... It seems though a noble initiative, there is not much traction. How do we settle this ?

Shame its turned out like this, what about splitting the Dash between Zoran and Oaxaca if there are no takers, then at least there is a winner ?

I suggest just paying the Dash to Zoran as a thanks for his efforts.

Zoran Kutuzovic put this for an auction. You will probably see what people are willing to pay for it. I will be totally honest with you. I know nothing about art but I would pay you 50-60 dash. No offence bud.
Anyone willing to pay more?

edit:// Thinking a bit more about it I've got a better idea. Just leave it for now, don't sell it. Once Dash is worth what it's ment to be worth, you will sell it for $1000 easily :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Zoran Kutuzovic put this for an auction. You will probably see what people are willing to pay for it. I will be totally honest with you. I know nothing about art but I would pay you 50-60 dash. No offence bud.

edit:// Thinking a bit more about it I've got a better idea. Just leave it for now, don't sell it. Once Dash is worth what it's ment to be worth, you will sell it for $1000 easily :)

Yes, agreed. When Dash goes higher, you will surely see increased sales. I LOVE the piece, I really, really do. But spending 100 bucks in Dash now, is like loosing 1000 bucks down the road in price appreciation.

Pablo.

Hello all members!
Thanks for everything.
You all support my artworks and I am happy with it.
I will continue with some cool artworks and let you know,crew.

The lottery is over.
No one decided to pay some extra 230 Dash for artwork.
I am happy with donation you collected to support my art in the future.
I gotta live and pay my everyday life from my art.

Yidakee here is my Dash address for donation

Xw1zERvrfnFzNFsQnrsUYtdjvTnkH6nbxC

I will confirm the donation.

Once again thanks everyone,I will stay in touch.

Zoran

My view is this initiative was altruistically created exactly for the cause of supporting an artist that has been doing DRK/Dash work for a long while now, as token of our communal appreciation.

The arts are tough, really really tough to live by. I know as I myself am an artist in the field of music, and these past 10 years have been a nightmare just to make ends meet, working my ass off to live my dream. That is exactly why I got so sensitised when Zoran threw the towel in announcing he was forced to move on onto other projects, and re-use (paint over) the materials used for these pieces, which I know for a fact are quite expensive.

If anything, either someone steps up and "buys" the remaining tickets for this piece, or the sales directly revert to the cause.
I suggest a grace period for the rest of the ticket buyers to speak their mind, and if no one wants to keep the art, then just release the funds to Zoran.

As escrow, I must not make a decision, just arbitration. It's a contract between 2 parties, in this case between Zoran and the community. So I must honor both party's wishes, and if there is no consensus, then arbitration sets in.

This was an experiment that unfortunately wasn't 100% successful. The rules were made up to the best of our efforts, and obviously new angles surfaced that were unforeseen. For example, giving back the tickets. It was not explicit, but IMHO I really think it was written "between the lines" that tickets sold would not be given back in case of no winner. I've never seen a lottery where ticket sales were refunded. Worse case scenario, they pile up for the jackpot in the next round of tickets.

This is what I propose;

- Not continue the lottery for the other pieces as we had no clear traction.
- A one week grace period to get word back from every single ticket buyer. Real life is much slower than crypto's.
- If no one pays the remaining 230.5 Dash, the actual funds revert to Zoran
- I propose a deadline of next Sunday the 10th October, 8pm UTC.

I've updated the spreadsheet to reflect the decision of ticket buyers.

Any objections?

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks for the offer, but you didn't buy any tickets to start with!

But it does introduce a new concept. A Grace Period Auction?

jpr pledged (50+60)/2= 55 Dash to buy the piece - after your edit, does this offer still stand?

Anyone want to outbid jpr ? Zoran Kutuzovic - do you agree with this? This would mean sending the art for the auction price + sold tickets.

Also, there are still 5x unclaimed 1.31000695 tickets sold that I have no clue where they came from.
So the lottery wallet has a total of 104.49989908 Dash. Someone bought 5 tickets but did not claim them so are automatically reverted as donation.

I would be willing to participate in an auction if Zoran agrees to sell for auction price plus tickets already sold.

It would help the cause if we could pay through PayPal as well as Dash. I'm happy to part with some PayPal cash but I'm hoarding my Dash.

Otherwise, my vote is we just give Zoran the cash we already have from ticket sales.

Pablo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back