• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Enhanced Darkcoin Wallet UI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now v12 is settled down, bumping this. crowning ?

2 icons for one transaction (one for the direction, the other one with the confirmation status) looks easy, but I think it's quite tricky to implement.

I'll bookmark this idea, but it has to wait until my other UI-related stuff is done. No ETA, sorry.

Reactions: AjM
2 icons for one transaction (one for the direction, the other one with the confirmation status) looks easy, but I think it's quite tricky to implement.

I'll bookmark this idea, but it has to wait until my other UI-related stuff is done. No ETA, sorry.
Ok, good, its in your todo list now, we will see how this is going to end :smile:

A dual icon makes the likelihood for confusion higher. An icon should be instantly understood, and It probably takes longer to mentally process two images than a single short word for example. An easy solution to achieve the same result would be to have lighter versions of the arrows so 50% opacity arrow means sending and full colour arrow means sent.

A dual icon makes the likelihood for confusion higher. An icon should be instantly understood, and It probably takes longer to mentally process two images than a single short word for example. An easy solution to achieve the same result would be to have lighter versions of the arrows so 50% opacity arrow means sending and full colour arrow means sent.
No, because these two icons is already used in the transactions tab/table.
If you make them different in the overview tab than transactions tab, that is very confusing.

No, because these two icons is already used in the transactions tab/table.
If you make them different in the overview tab than transactions tab, that is very confusing.
Whatever used would have to be rolled out across.

crowning
Can you please post some pics from your new theme?

Sure.

But keep in mind that the main emphasize of this theme wasn't usability (we have already covered that with other themes), I just wanted to do something COMPLETELY different instead of just another blue-ish theme.

And because I found out how to make this metallic look with Gimp :grin:

Splash-screen:
Splash.jpg

Wallet:
Wallet.jpg

Coin Control:
CoinControl.jpg

Don't blame me when you're getting blind or your nose starts bleeding...

Sure.

But keep in mind that the main emphasize of this theme wasn't usability (we have already covered that with other themes), I just wanted to do something COMPLETELY different instead of just another blue-ish theme.

And because I found out how to make this metallic look with Gimp :grin:

Splash-screen:
View attachment 1893

Wallet:
View attachment 1894

Coin Control:
View attachment 1895

Don't blame me when you're getting blind or your nose starts bleeding...
Thanks!
Its indeed little different, but its nice that there is more than one alternative theme available.
I am dreaming if we could have a some kind a theme editor, but that is just a dream...

Can i ask for a version fitting the current corporate identity ?
Somewhere around here:
(background)
2YKit4k.jpg

mXRFacd.jpg

as these are the Graphics, logo, colors,... we are using on all pages, banners, videos, presentation,....
darkwing could you look into that please ?
(i have the above in PS Layers + AI Files of the originals)

Somewhere around here:
(background)
2YKit4k.jpg

mXRFacd.jpg

as these are the Graphics, logo, colors,... we are using on all pages, banners, videos, presentation,....
darkwing could you look into that please ?
Looks very nice

The wallets with the the blue lines we are using now is very DRK
(as the graphics are still from that time)
i think an upgrade as posted above is in order before we start looking into anything else
or launch both (silver + blue), but we need 1 of the above (Corporate Identity)

As I already wrote in our private conversation, as soon as Evan merges my coding (not the Crownium Gfx) into the main repository (hint, hint...) adding new themes will be a piece of cake: create the GFX, create and adjust the CSS and do the few code changes mentioned here.

To be on the safe side I can do the coding changes (it's easy to break the Gitian builds for Windows and OSX, so you need to have a Gitian build box to test things), no prob.

And how about 'Budget & proposals' tab, with neat list and easy voting?
Not sure how/what you mean, but we already can do that on the debug console, if we don't want to use the command-line.

What I'm asking crowning is a quick way to open "masternode.conf" like we can do it with "dash.conf".

Not sure how/what you mean, but we already can do that on the debug console, if we don't want to use the command-line.

What I'm asking crowning is a quick way to open "masternode.conf" like we can do it with "dash.conf".
I mean, new tab -> proposals listed and possibility to vote with mouse.

EDIT: and maybe qt-wallet can also alert if there is new proposals.

Last edited by a moderator:
I mean, new tab -> proposals listed and possibility to vote with mouse.

EDIT: and maybe qt-wallet can also alert if there is new proposals.
Only the devs can tell us if this is feasible, and voting is only for a smaller segment of people who have this coin, unless you own a masternode you can't vote, so i'm not sure if this can confuse people, esp. newbies and disappoint them.

Only the devs can tell us if this is feasible, and voting is only for a smaller segment of people who have this coin, unless you own a masternode you can't vote, so i'm not sure if this can confuse people, esp. newbies and disappoint them.
Yep, voting should be visible only if wallet is in masternode mode.
But maybe this is obsolete because of Dashwale.org have all the functions allready.
https://dashtalk.org/threads/dashwh...ring-and-budget-voting.5924/page-2#post-67424

Yep, voting should be visible only if wallet is in masternode mode.
But maybe this is obsolete because of Dashwale.org have all the functions allready.
https://dashtalk.org/threads/dashwh...ring-and-budget-voting.5924/page-2#post-67424
I think an official, fancy website is in the work also to facilitate the voting. I'm not on that site so i have no comment. We already have all the tools to know how to submit a proposal, how to vote, or how to read the proposals just from our wallet. DashNinja also has the feature to show the budget voting results. So I'm kinda reluctant to ask for too much to be added to the wallet as it's already complex as it is.

I think an official, fancy website is in the work also to facilitate the voting. I'm not on that site so i have no comment. We already have all the tools to know how to submit a proposal, how to vote, or how to read the proposals just from our wallet. DashNinja also has the feature to show the budget voting results. So I'm kinda reluctant to ask for too much to be done to the wallet as it's already complex as it is.
I think you are right, lets see when the official site go to online.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back