• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Official Newcomer Introductory Video Release

I don't mean to nitpick, but some background music would have been nice. Right now, the sound effects are quite prominent

We tried two different background music tracks and the no music version. The consensus was that the music distracted from the message, the focus group had different views on many things but we did agree on that, so I tend to think it was the right decision. Just wanted to let you know that it was a consideration.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great intro video guys... I've shown it to my family and they think it's simple, to the point and very easy to understand.

Great Job :)

I don't mean to nitpick, but some background music would have been nice. Right now, the sound effects are quite prominent

You know - until you posted that, I didn't even notice the lack of background music.

I see what you're saying, but I like it dry. I think background music would detract from the impact and informative nature of the video and turn it into more of an entertainment item.

Have a look at it again. Its whole theme is minimalistic. There's a huge amount packed into an absolutely tiny space. Everything is stripped away to make space for the message. Despite that, it's still attractive and very watchable. I'm sure that the lack of music is a conscious decision to place the centre of gravity firmly in the "informing" category rather than the "promoting" category.

Just my opinion, but in these situations the rule "if in doubt, leave it out" is not a bad rule of thumb to work to.

We tried two different background music tracks and the no music version. The consensus was that the music distracted from the message, the focus group had different views on many things but we did agreed on that, so I tend to think it was the right decision. Just wanted to let you know that it was a consideration.

Good to know it was at least considered. Not sure what kind of music you've tried, but in my head, something simple like one guy playing a funky bassline could have worked great :)

Congratulations to all involved in the making of this video! Especially love the classic Dash to Cash flip at the end, great subliminal message to sum up the point of the whole video.

It is now front and centre in the Dash Twitter PR Initiative, as new followers will receive a link to check out the vid. That should keep a steady stream of eyeballs on it, as well as any other PR efforts.

Top job! That was well worth the wait...

Thats great, nice work everyone :smile:

I will add that the search in youtube would not show me alex-ru's video and if I look for something like 'dash payments' nothing comes up, can more keywords be added to make the hits more likely ?
The same goes for google, the only way I found Alex's video for example was by searching his name on this site.

Dash is truly fungible, when I first heard the term "Fungible" I thought it meant that it was fun (truly I have a childlike mind).
Bitcoin is not fungible = not fun, well that suited bitcoin.
After I looked up the meaning, I said to myself "ah, I get it now".

Great video, excellent introduction to Dash, directs the watcher to dashpay.io, and the landing page is neat and professional.
Well worth the wait:grin:

Do I have to change the wallet-GUI AGAIN to something like this?
Dash.jpg

BTW, love that video, I think that's perfect for the target-group!

I was somewhat concerned that the extraordinary build-up and long wait for the release of this video could have created too high expectations and it would be a let down when it was finally finished. But I'm glad to see that it's lived up to the expectations of providing a succinct and simple message.

Congratulations to everyone who worked on this, Good job.

On behalf of the whole team, thank you all for your kind words!!

It really was an excellent example of super team work & collaboration.
Certainly not an easy task to cut back on so much we wanted to say, yet keep to the essence of what we needed to relay :wink:

Nice to see everybody so happy and excited about this !
Please share (as far as you can) this video on any social media pages, redit subpages and forums , tech outlets , chat groups , IRC's , YT channels ....
We have a couple of PR activities lined up , but the more the better , the further the nicer !
Tx everybody

Back