• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

V12 Release

I restored an older wallet.dat file from a week old back-up, that worked. What could possibly have caused the sudden corruption of that specific wallet.dat file? I do remember that once one of the wallet.dat files was in use when the automated back-up tried to back-up everything, hence killing the process.
Lol, I think we just blame it on Windows. (Glad you got your wallet back!)

I restored an older wallet.dat file from a week old back-up, that worked. What could possibly have caused the sudden corruption of that specific wallet.dat file? I do remember that once one of the wallet.dat files was in use when the automated back-up tried to back-up everything, hence killing the process.
If you mean when the password is entered, I had the same and reported this issue, Udjin said there was a carry over error from bitcoin, the only workaround I found was to create a V12 wallet from scratch and reinstall a hot V11 with original wallet and send the funds from V11 to V12.

Lol, I think we just blame it on Windows. (Glad you got your wallet back!)
Haha you got a point, but I already blame too much on Windows.. :eek: Thanks, gotta love automated password protected RAR5 back-ups to encrypted drives! :) Might make a guide for automated back-ups on Windows someday.

Haha you got a point, but I already blame too much on Windows.. :eek: Thanks, gotta love automated password protected RAR5 back-ups to encrypted drives! :) Might make a guide for automated back-ups on Windows someday.
Anyways, I think I'm going to make some fresh backups of my wallets right now... THANKS for this reminder!

If you mean when the password is entered, I had the same and reported this issue, Udjin said there was a carry over error from bitcoin, the only workaround I found was to create a V12 wallet from scratch and reinstall a hot V11 with original wallet and send the funds from V11 to V12.
That's a good idea, you know old backup is going to work with V11... that's an excellent idea!

doesn't -upgradewallet fix that - or do I misunderstand how that function works?
I was referring to the runtime fatal error when the password is entered, I tried all of the wallet repair features in testnet, and using V11 was the only workaround, this is an inherited error from bitcoin and something to be aware of because otherwise you will never be able to access your funds if the V11 becomes no longer compatible with the network

I threw this at Evan but maybe you guys can explain....

When I run: dash-cli masternode status

it shows me a DASH Address that I do not recognize - can anybody explain this?
[help]

Hmm, mine is showing a wrong address too. I smell a bug

./dash-cli masternode status
{
"vin" : "CTxIn(COutPoint(0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000, 4294967295), coinbase )",
"pubKeyMasternode" : "XtdEd9b3yw2iEEfgjyQbwp82viVrwNE2sv",
"status" : "Not capable masternode: Could not find suitable coins!"
}

One of my Masternode's wallet-QT (on Windows) has issues starting, I have a feeling the wallet.dat file is causing this. They're all running the same version: v12.0.46.

Everytime I want to run the wallet it starts re-scanning, none of the other wallets do this:

Then when the rescanning hits 100%, it throws an error:

After removing the wallet.dat file the wallet starts just fine. How can I fix my wallet without having to re-setup my Masternode?

Backup first, then
--salvagewallet=1

Hmm, mine is showing a wrong address too. I smell a bug

./dash-cli masternode status
{
"vin" : "CTxIn(COutPoint(0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000, 4294967295), coinbase )",
"pubKeyMasternode" : "XtdEd9b3yw2iEEfgjyQbwp82viVrwNE2sv",
"status" : "Not capable masternode: Could not find suitable coins!"
}

YEAH !!!! \o/ I found a bug - lol
My 1st one - I think - lol

edit
Does this mean that somebody else will get the DASH?? when and if paid?

Where will they go??

ugh - lol

But that's not secure, and I shouldn't have to leave it unlocked for so long.

I've never had to wait more than a few seconds to see the "HotCold enabled" message before... currently I'm getting 2 different statuses, "Wallet is locked." and "Could not find suitable coins". Digging through the code now to see what's the issue. This was never a problem before with v11, and I'm inclined to think there's a bug somewhere... or something's gone wrong.

I'm also getting these random addresses in the "pubKeyMasternode" status field, that i've never seen before. Those aren't my masternode pubkeys. :/.

$ ../current_dash/bin/dash-cli masternode status
{
"service" : "XXX.XXX.XXX.XX:9999",
"status" : 3,
"pubKeyMasternode" : "XxLD1pQ8HjhMgrTTMBfdUBDsBbqnNXKqbt",
"notCapableReason" : "Could not find suitable coins!"
}

I'm wondering if the "Wallet locked" message is referring to my local wallet or the wallet associated with that address (above). I repeat: this is not one of my known addresses, I even just searched through every address on my own local "cold" wallet and it's not in there — so I don't care if I post it here.

Seems like nmarley said earlier the same thing...

Well, maybe that's why one of my nodes got paid "6h ago" (according do dashninja.pl) but has not received any DASH for about 6 days?!

Back