• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

p2pool dust

Propulsion

The buck stops here.
How do you consolidate your dust? At the moment I keep receiving "Transaction too large" error messages. I'm not even able to send the entire balance using a fee.

Here is my p2pool address Xn71EFztHqAeCnGZvkipWh6rsV2q3YKFUT it consists of over 842 transactions. Any help would be appreciated. I'd just like to consolidate all the transactions to one single input at a different address. Thanks!

When transferring out of a p2pool address I just keep reducing the transfer amount to get the input count down until it goes through, then do multiple transfers. Maybe there's a better way?

There has to be a better way. At the moment there are eight hundred and sixty nine (869) separate inputs. All for only a grand total of 4.71447205 dark.

The size of the raw transaction itself may be the issue. I've had Bitcoin on Testnet tell me to go screw myself when there were enough inputs. I don't think I've seen anything about a maximum transaction size but there may be one.

wlt issue.PNG

Just create 4 small transactions of 1 DRK to a new address.
Even if I only try to send one darkcoin, with every input selected, it still throws error codes.

114k transaction is enormous. The Bitcoin blockchain only supports 500kb per block, period. You might want to pull it back to a few dozen inputs per transaction to get the job done. Choking on a transaction that big is probably more of a feature than a bug.

This is really insane dust. What is it, P2Pool fees?
I have that with one of my P2Pool nodes too. There is no other way to minimize the tx size but to decrease the total output to decrease the number of inputs...

I think I read about a Bitcoin wallet that allowed choosing the inputs to use but I can't find it right now... Not that it would solve it, but maybe we could convince someone to port it to darkcoin.

I think I read about a Bitcoin wallet that allowed choosing the inputs to use but I can't find it right now... Not that it would solve it, but maybe we could convince someone to port it to darkcoin.
It's called coincontrol and already added to the RC version as far as I understand.

This is really insane dust. What is it, P2Pool fees?
I have that with one of my P2Pool nodes too. There is no other way to minimize the tx size but to decrease the total output to decrease the number of inputs...
Yes that is my p2pool node fee address with now almost 900 inputs. Is there no known fast way to automatically consolidate the inputs? 900 boxes to click doesn't seem like much fun.

Sorted it out. Had to bring the inputs below 10000 bytes. Made a total of three transactions. Cost some fee's, but worth it.

Back