• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

V12 Release

It's a pain when you connect directly to your mn and you have only that peer connected. Blocks are synced but it takes long hours to sync masternodes, sporks from one peer (I need to connect more of them). I thought I don't need to wait for it to start a mn. I think I was synced with one which worked.
I'll check Lebubar's way later. Thanks
You can grab many v12 peers and add multiple "connect=IP" strings in dash.conf at once. Also, did addnode method failed for you?

Is "connect=IP" a new replacement for "addnode=IP" ?
No, it's an old one.
"addnode" - add some node(s) to your list of peers (you will connect as usual but will also try to connect to this/these one(s))
"connect" - connect only to specified node(s)

You can grab many v12 peers and add multiple "connect=IP" strings in dash.conf at once. Also, did addnode method failed for you?
It failed too. I'm trying one mn after another and I think I will need to wait for the network to update or make a new vin and genkey.
I saw for a few seconds "remove" once on hot side and my mn dropped out. Only one started without problem. But it's me so I will have to fight with the rest :wink:
Thanks

Hi all

Masternodes updated all looking good congrats to everyone.
Did Even say there were proposals to vote on because when I type mnbudget show nothing shows?

is the pool police active again? We need more pools to update or there is no incentive for MNs to upgrade. At the moment the average Earnings per day are still 4times higher for MN owners when they stay on the old version :(

Edit: Just sent coinmine.pl a reminder to be so kind to upgrade :)

Last edited by a moderator:
UdjinM6 There is a small bug in the bottom progress bar.

If wallet blockchain is fully synced when wallet is starting, masternode, budget, etc sync pbar shows correctly 'xx %'.

But if wallet blockchain is NOT synced when wallet is starting, then masternode, budget, etc sync pbar shows incorrectly 'xx behind'.

just delete peers.dat & mncache.dat and do a -reindex with new version 0.12.0.45
thats pretty much it.

oh and most rpc commands have moved to dash-cli, so only use dashd to start and use dash-cli for the other rpc commands.
Oh hell, i can just as well show it in details :

Hot Wallet

./dashd stop

replace old dashd with new winrar extracted dashd with help of WINSCP

add new winrar extracted dash-cli to same location as dashd with help of WINSCP

chmod +x ./dashd

chmod +x ./dash-cli

rm ~/.dash/peers.dat

rm ~/.dash/mncache.dat

./dashd --reindex

./dash-cli getinfo

wait for full sync

Cold wallet :

replace old dash-qt.exe with new dash-qt.exe

delete peers.dat & mncache.dat

start wallet with commandline option -reindex

wait for full sync

issue "masternode start passphrase"

Hot wallet :

./dash-cli masternodelist full | grep -e IPADDRESS

Hi, When I try to use cmd "./dashd --reindex" It says "Dash server starting"
When I use cmd "./dash-cli getinfo" it says "error: couldn't connect to server"
Also my server freezes whenever I use any ./dash-cli commands. Any ideas?

It's still working
Try
pidof dashd
you'll get a number xxxx and then
kill -9 xxxx
And start ./dashd again

UdjinM6 There is a small bug in the bottom progress bar.

If wallet blockchain is fully synced when wallet is starting, masternode, budget, etc sync pbar shows correctly 'xx %'.

But if wallet blockchain is NOT synced when wallet is starting, then masternode, budget, etc sync pbar shows incorrectly 'xx behind'.
Did I already said that I suck at GUI things? :rolleyes::grin: Preparing a fix right now :smile:

What's in debug.log? Any errors?

UdjinM6 djcrypto

I have similar issues with my dashd, although I suspect it may be because my VPSs can't handle the demands of V12. I have 256 memory with 256 swap. I am upgrading to 512/512 and seeing if that helps. Crypto, what are your VPS specs?

after running for about 24hours some of my MNs were offline
i notice a higher demand of memory on vultr vps

UdjinM6 djcrypto

I have similar issues with my dashd, although I suspect it may be because my VPSs can't handle the demands of V12. I have 256 memory with 256 swap. I am upgrading to 512/512 and seeing if that helps. Crypto, what are your VPS specs?

My p2pool 0.12.0.45 dashd is using 410MB. And that is the one using the most ram. The one using the lowest amount is at 329MB. Even my 0.11.2.23 node is at 308MB.
256MB might be too tight...

Back