• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Need help...

supboy1

Hello I'm very new to this environment. So my situation is:
I purchased a small amount of dash from wesellcrypto (requested payment to my receiving address, we'll go with xx1 for now). I waited for the payment to appear in my wallet but it was taking abnormally long time and that's when i noticed my wallet was "(out of sync)". Under the overview tab it would read (out of sync) and next to darksend it would read (out of sync), and next to Recent transactions I saw and still see (out of sync). I thought this was the problem hindering me from receiving my payment. Just before I began to fiddle around, I backed up this wallet with the receiving address xx1 (if this would help anyhow...). I clicked couple repair options as being a new to this thing, didn't really know what I was doing just hoped something would get repaired. After couple clicks and restarts, my wallet still remained out of sync and my problem escalated as i see that I have a different receiving address now (xx2 for an example). Is there a way to recover my old xx1 receiving address as I am still awaiting payment to that address from my backed up wallet? How do you recover from the back up? Also, how do I fix the (out of sync) issue?

Sorry for the long post/grammar errors, I hope someone can help me.

update:

Out of desperation I requested payment from my old "Xx1" and somehow received the payment i requested. Are we suppose to request payment manually everytime like this? Is this what I did wrong? I was just waiting for the money to get dropped in to my wallet automatically...

Hi there,

I'm not sure if I understand what exactly you did and which buttons you clicked but I guess all you had to do was just to wait until your wallet is synced.

Anyway, I'm glad you have your problem solved and your coins arrived but before further actions please have a look at Wallet Guides section here on forum and Official Wiki https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/display/DOC/Official+Documentation That should help you a lot to get a basic idea how wallet works and how to use it in different cases.
There is also a number of nice video guides on youtube http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_g4JqfANEpOiAzDGmQBpizFJQGkyEiWF I would recommend to start with Installation Guide and Receiving Addresses Guide. Also Dash Shapeshift Guide should be very similar to what you did buying Dash from wesellcrypto.

Regards,
UdjinM6

Hello I'm very new to this environment. So my situation is:
I purchased a small amount of dash from wesellcrypto (requested payment to my receiving address, we'll go with xx1 for now). I waited for the payment to appear in my wallet but it was taking abnormally long time and that's when i noticed my wallet was "(out of sync)". Under the overview tab it would read (out of sync) and next to darksend it would read (out of sync), and next to Recent transactions I saw and still see (out of sync). I thought this was the problem hindering me from receiving my payment. Just before I began to fiddle around, I backed up this wallet with the receiving address xx1 (if this would help anyhow...). I clicked couple repair options as being a new to this thing, didn't really know what I was doing just hoped something would get repaired. After couple clicks and restarts, my wallet still remained out of sync and my problem escalated as i see that I have a different receiving address now (xx2 for an example). Is there a way to recover my old xx1 receiving address as I am still awaiting payment to that address from my backed up wallet? How do you recover from the back up? Also, how do I fix the (out of sync) issue?
Sorry for the long post/grammar errors, I hope someone can help me.

You have 1000 public/private key pairs generated when you first run the wallet,
public keys are your recieving addresses and private keys are your wallet keys (think of them like PIN numbers to access an account number)
when you click generate a recieving address, this will already exist in your wallet (and in the backup)
in the highly unlikely event you generate 1000 address, you would need to backup the wallet again, the only time this is usually necessary is if you've been mixing a lot of coins for darksend and generating many new addresses.

Try to stay sync'd when sending and recieving!

You have 1000 public/private key pairs generated when you first run the wallet,
public keys are your recieving addresses and private keys are your wallet keys (think of them like PIN numbers to access an account number)
when you click generate a recieving address, this will already exist in your wallet (and in the backup)
in the highly unlikely event you generate 1000 address, you would need to backup the wallet again, the only time this is usually necessary is if you've been mixing a lot of coins for darksend and generating many new addresses.

Try to stay sync'd when sending and recieving!
Hi in regards to staying sync'd, I've been seeing "synchronizing budgets... 4 hours behind" for the past 6 hours and now it went up to 6 so clearly just waiting is not what I'm suppose to do? How do I "stay sync'd"?

Thank you and the person above for the responses!

Hi in regards to staying sync'd, I've been seeing "synchronizing budgets... 4 hours behind" for the past 6 hours and now it went up to 6 so clearly just waiting is not what I'm suppose to do? How do I "stay sync'd"?

Thank you and the person above for the responses!
Apparently with the rollout of v12, it's fine right now to never see the budgets synchronize until more MN's update. As long as you are at the right blockheight matching the explorers and the hashes match, you are on the right chain and fine for sending/receiving.

Back