• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

(SOLVED)Can't Send Dash

Paws

I tried asking this in the help section and didn't really get any views. I have had almost 4 dash for over a week, I originally thought I needed to Darksend Mix, except after that entire week nothing happened, then I was told by the one comment I got that Mixing isn't necessary for directly mined coin. So... how in the world do I send? I don't understand why it has to be so complicated.

Darksend = "Unable to locate enough Darksend Denominated funds for this transaction. Darksend uses exact amounts to send funds, you might simply need to anonymize some more coins" 1.) 4.0 is exact 2.) If I have to Mix then that's useless since it's a week running and done nothing.

InstantX = Insufficient funds. InstantX requires inputs with at least 6 confirmations, you might need to wait a few minutes and try again. (It has been sitting there a week!)

So, i'm lost, this money is just stuck in the wallet?

What system are you running on ? Mac/PC/Linux ?

what are you trying to do ?
- send 4 Dash from Wallet to somewhere else ?
- DS 4 Dash from Wallet to somewhere else ?
- IX 4 Dash from Wallet to somewhere else ?

sorry but these are the 3 ways you have
super easy, let me know and i tell you more

+
you have all these guides and videos
https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/display/DOC/User+guide

Thanks for the assist! I am on Windows trying to just simply send 4 Dash to CEX, since they have 0.60 of Dash I already premined there, but I no longer mine there because my Stale shares with them went from less than 0.5% to 75% in a week. My payouts suffered, I have no issue with smaller pools(@11 MH/s). I was originally going to just send 1.0 and then withdraw, but I believe I may just bank with them long term since they seem stable as an exchange.

super easy
4 Dash ... receiving address ... deselect DarkSend (bottom right) .... and send !

Is the Darksend and InstantX boxes unchecked during the send tab? Is the 4 Dash comprised of a lot of dust (small txes)?

Thanks, I thought I was required to use one or the other to make a transaction. These technologies are supposed to be the forefront of this coin? Why do we not use them (or why are they not easier to use)?

it is your choice to use one or the other
there is no mandatory this or that, your choice as a customer as all 3 do transfers in different ways

normal: as BTC (open)
IX: super fast (little higher fee)
DS: you have to anonymise the coins in the wallet first, then send the anonymised Coins via DS = untraceable
:wink:

it is your choice to use one or the other
there is no mandatory this or that, your choice as a customer as all 3 do transfers in different ways

normal: as BTC (open)
IX: super fast (little higher fee)
DS: you have to anonymise the coins in the wallet first, then send the anonymised Coins via DS = untraceable
:wink:
Or IX+DS :smile:

Thanks, I thought I was required to use one or the other to make a transaction. These technologies are supposed to be the forefront of this coin? Why do we not use them (or why are they not easier to use)?
Frankly, it shouldn't be checked by default because as a new user, you won't have mixed coins.

Frankly, it shouldn't be checked by default because as a new user, you won't have mixed coins.
It is not in the v12, default is deselected both, IX and DS, and wallet remember your last selected checkbox value.

It is not in the v12, default is deselected both, IX and DS, and wallet remebers your last selected checkbox value.
Correct, I'm simply saying it shouldn't be because it would automatically set people up for these kinds of errors without already having mixed coins.

It is not in the v12, default is deselected both, IX and DS, and wallet remember your last selected checkbox value.
Not entirely sure which version I got, it was over 2 months ago and the darksend box was checked, admitidly I left everything as default with the assumption that it was a better way to begin. I jumped back into crypto blindly with a gap left off from when bitcoin was maybe $3 each and I had over 30 of them thinking it would never go anywhere.

After I dumped them, a year later it exploded, tossed it up as a loss and didn't look back.

Today things have become more complicated and simple at the same time. I had to figure out how to make a batch miner work, since guiminer was my only experience. I had to research around the multitude of coins that have saturated the market, before; I only remember bitcoin, and litecoin was sort of a wannabe joke, but it has been an adventure; with miners and claims that led to some sort of red page abyss warning you to turn back, to the hair pulling discovery of waking up to a crashed driver that happened only a few minutes after you left it, I'm just glad I made it this far.

I will never pretend to be an expert but I feel comfortable with DASH and what it has to offer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back