• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

V12 Testing Thread

Oh, sorry. Maybe it's >15. I don't quite remember

No, you're right, it's 15. Haha, I often have start-many command typed and ready to go... just hit "Enter" as soon as I get 15 confirms...
This time result kept saying "couldn't confirm inputs"; no biggie, it worked after 16... just thought it was odd

The info is all over on this thread, anybody can see it.

Yeah, but that's 116 pages long by now. And the info will have to be distilled into some easily-comprehensible format eventually. The rollout is pretty close, so now would be as good a time as any to summarize the current state of things

Yeah, but that's 116 pages long by now. And the info will have to be distilled into some easily-comprehensible format eventually. The rollout is pretty close, so now would be as good a time as any to summarize the current state of things
You know I've been working as a volunteer, pay me and i'll summarize for you.

:tongue:

I'm not a spammer, so if you could at least PM me the instructions, I would appreciate it...
Here are the commands that you can put on a console to submit a proposal, but it takes a MN wallet to vote for it:

mnbudget prepare proposal-name url payment_count block_start dash_address dash_amount

mnbudget submit proposal-name url payment_count block_start dash_address dash_amount fee_tx

mnbudget vote proposal-hash yes|no

On the console, to check for submitted proposals, if, when, how much they will be paid:

mnbudget show
mnbudget projection
mnfinalbudget show

I'm not a spammer, so if you could at least PM me the instructions, I would appreciate it...

Here you go:

<bare bones>
1 - open wallet
2 - click tools/debug console
3 - Issue this command:

mnbudget prepare oax-vacation http://www.oaxaca.com/plan.htm 4 91800 y4mV8YbxwV2zmYYiHhgLwQRgVE6JsbXt1T 20 true

filling in your own text where appropriate:

mnbudget prepare - don't change this, it will get you a fee_tx for step 4
oax-vacation - Give your proposal a name
http://www.oaxaca.com/plan.htm - website explaining your proposal
4 - number of DASH for each payment
91800 - starting block number for payment
y4mV8YbxwV2zmYYiHhgLwQRgVE6JsbXt1T - address for payment
20 - number of payments
true - I forget, just say true

4 - If everything succeeds, you will need the fee_tx from the output of the command above.
issue this command:

mnbudget submit oax-vacation http://www.oaxaca.com/plan.htm 4 91800 y4mV8YbxwV2zmYYiHhgLwQRgVE6JsbXt1T 20 f06c0fb7abd92d7229835e4acc7c116745d247d342ef3cd024775e6c89ee5beb 1438131984

filling in your own text where appropriate:

mnbudget submit - don't change this
oax-vacation - name from above
http://www.oaxaca.com/plan.htm - website from above
4 - number of DASH for each payment
91800 - starting block number for payment
y4mV8YbxwV2zmYYiHhgLwQRgVE6JsbXt1T - address for payment
20 - number of payments
f06c0fb7abd92d7229835e4acc7c116745d247d342ef3cd024775e6c89ee5beb - fee_tx from above
1438131984 - time from above

5 - Post a new thread for discussion of your proposal

6 - Try and convince others to vote for you

</bare bones>

Well, it sounded a bit like you meant that the lack of documentation offers some sort of protection against spammers, but maybe I'm just over-interpreting :)
I think you're right, we will have to have an easy to follow tutorial. But I think we're going to only have development funded and marketing funded at first. The interface with the rest of the population, though being worked on, is not ready yet, so really - only the things that are obviously going to need approval ASAP should go on the proposal list at this time. Soon, we will have a public interface that should run smoothly to weed out the good projects from the bad. So yah, we'll probably be spending a lot of time as MN owners, voting down spam to get rid of it, and anyone with a good idea may need someone's help setting up the proposal, but that'd take all of 2 minutes. So maybe I'll start a tutorial (it will be very brief) on how to do a proposal, but it will become much more complex when eventually, you need to manage your proposal and garner votes :)

oaxaca, I thought the website had to be a json page? Does any html page work?

It would be helpful, when all of this is finalized, to have a "Decentralized Governance by Blockchain" for dummies, with easy-to-follow instructions on how to prepare a proposal, view a proposal, and vote on a proposal, for all of the people who are currently lost such as me!

If someone sends me the info ELI5, I could create this guide, and buster and tungfa could create the vids...
This is my entire point. To me there is less then probably 5-10 ppl that actually know whats going on...Everyone else is staring at pages and pages of info that is almost impossible to sort through. "Just go back and read it", "We don't want to make it easy for spammers" How are these even answers?

If people have no idea what we are doing or how to do it why would we think anything other then the 5-10 people would be able to even submit a proposal? When we first started this only masternode's could submit proposal's, now unless it's changed again every wallet can submit a proposal? People are confused.

If you are confused please say EYYYYYYYE!

This is my entire point. To me there is less then probably 5-10 ppl that actually know whats going on...Everyone else is staring at pages and pages of info that is almost impossible to sort through. "Just go back and read it", "We don't want to make it easy for spammers" How are these even answers?

If people have no idea what we are doing or how to do it why would we think anything other then the 5-10 people would be able to even submit a proposal? When we first started this only masternode's could submit proposal's, now unless it's changed again every wallet can submit a proposal? People are confused.

If you are confused please say EYYYYYYYE!
Hi coingun, where have you been? Nice to have you back. There's not much to this, so take some time to do some testing on testnet and you can see it's not a big bluff that can confuse anyone.

Hi coingun, where have you been? Nice to have you back. There's not much to this, so take some time to do some testing on testnet and you can see it's not a big bluff that can confuse anyone.

I like that... I found participating has been a great way to learn, and when I get confused I need only ask in this thread and I get help

I like that... I found participating has been a great way to learn, and when I get confused I need only ask in this thread and I get help
Yes, me too. If i was away and come back i would have some respect for people who have been doing the work, coding, testing, whatever, and just would have some respect for them before saying this is confusing .. BLAH BLAH BLAH....

(and sorry i'm not talking about you, you know that :))

I forgot to disable the spork earlier when I released .37 and we're having a fork (.36 and .37 were incompatible). Can everyone please reindex?

Last edited by a moderator:
Re-indexed 2 wallets, both now at block 79232, and the one running cloud MNs just rec'd a coupla "Mined" fees

Edit: and MNs from both wallets show up ENABLED

Handy way to check regularly if MNs are ENABLED, 4 lines in a batch file for time stamped output list:
Code:
@echo off
for /f "tokens=1-4 delims=.:/- " %%a in ("%time%") do (set curtime=%%a;%%b;%%c)
"C:\PATH\dash-cli" -datadir="C:\PATH" masternodelist full > "C:\PATH\out.%curtime%.txt"
pause
Just edit C:\PATH to your circumstances

I
oaxaca, I thought the website had to be a json page? Does any html page work?

No idea. I think the command is simply looking for you to fill in a placeholder at this time.

EDIT
---------
The as-of-yet-unreleased proposal monitoring website is obviously going to display whatever you put in there when it sucks up information on proposals.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back