• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

V12 Testing Thread

Proposal's first and ONLY payment...Block start / block end: 91600
b7bacd3a07fb6f4b38dcdc488751c058085ca2c639ba88ff560c7dea76862ce1

upload_2015-7-29_0-42-42.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, if the time comes where we can't find a good project to spend money on (not going to be a problem for a long time), just propose the faucet idea for the budget, TanteStefana! [Light bulb...] I'll vote for it! :grin:
We could name it "Tante's Coin Distribution Fund" :smile:
What about none coding proposals for funding charities or projects such as building a well in Africa or helping (unbanked) people send money abroad, hand out a certain amount to the needy, would introduce a whole new set of people and help them at the same time.I would vote for that :grin:

Ok, I've resubmitted my Cherry Farm, Yaaay! Please vote for me :)

dash-cli mnbudget vote d2e9de5267fce33e4a7ab752def6a5183f543bb8b792a97979cfd5eea8364049 yes
Nothing is showing in budget show, and when I submit a proposal I get charged .5 Dash but it also does not show :sad:
Where am I going to get the cherries from now ?

What about none coding proposals for funding charities or projects such as building a well in Africa or helping (unbanked) people send money abroad, hand out a certain amount to the needy, would introduce a whole new set of people and help them at the same time.I would vote for that :grin:
That's what the US govt has been doing, check out our "foreign aids".. not really helpful... sending crypto to people who might not know how to use it or even have a computer when what they need more is the immediate food and shelter .. but this is beyond this thread..

We do, however, will need this money for a lot of things.. Newcomers say they can't find Dash on the net... SEO comes to mind... We need a better Testnet. Mobil wallets are in the work... Darksend mixing, anyone? Who would volunteer to be liquidity providers? Who wants to find a better solution than LP? etc and etc... And don't forget our devs who have stuck it out for a long time for this project... I doubt there should be any free money to throw away.. if we think of who and what are the most important things right now... just my 2 duffs :)

I keep visiting the "bakery" each day, after work, to get the latest build - just wondering :-D

I was just browsing github a little when I saw a screenshot in crowning s PR:

https://github.com/dashpay/dash/pull/459

Maybe it's just me, but I find that the layout looks a bit messy. I've played around in Gimp a little to make items line up a little better:

homescreen.jpg

here are the lines I'm referring to:
homescreen-lines.png

It's of course just a minor observation, but maybe if someone feels like changing the css in the near future, I'd like to put this in as my suggestion :)

Reactions: AjM
Well, we passed my start time, but I got no payments :( What did I do wrong with my project? I had at one point 70+ yea votes :(

the-baker , I don't have that second column "watch only" in my testnet wallet. What is it? It causes a bit of clutter. Lining up headers would be nice and also, if the header font could be slightly larger than the information below them (or to the side) I think it would visually help clump them together?? (particularly "Recent Transactions"

Maybe it's just me, but I find that the layout looks a bit messy. I've played around in Gimp a little to make items line up a little better:

View attachment 1654
here are the lines I'm referring to:
View attachment 1655

It's of course just a minor observation, but maybe if someone feels like changing the css in the near future, I'd like to put this in as my suggestion :)
Yep, and maybe recent transactions front icons (arrows) 50% smaller size.

the-baker , I don't have that second column "watch only" in my testnet wallet. What is it? It causes a bit of clutter. Lining up headers would be nice and also, if the header font could be slightly larger than the information below them (or to the side) I think it would visually help clump them together?? (particularly "Recent Transactions"

The image is from crowning's pull request, which isn't merged yet. So if you are on a regular branch build, you don't have it yet

I've implemented your suggestions (which are good BTW), however I have to wait until Evan merges my current PR because I've messed-up my local repository and want to start with a clean "git clone".

I always wondered what the "try mix" and "reset" buttons are for. If the big "Start/stop darksend mixing" button is sufficient (i never used anything else) it might be a good idea to remove the two buttons or migrate these to the top menu, to get a cleaner and simpler UI.

Best,
Rango

I always wondered what the "try mix" and "reset" buttons are for. If the big "Start/stop darksend mixing" button is sufficient (i never used anything else) it might be a good idea to remove the two buttons or migrate these to the top menu, to get a cleaner and simpler UI.

Best,
Rango

hmm... I barely ever use them anymore either.

crowning I hope the watch-only column is not going to be part of the release? The Overview screen should be kept as clean as possible. If the user wished more info, they should be able to find it elsewhere.

I suggested in Jira that even the Darksend progress in the overview screen is too much. I think that we should eventually create a new "Darksend tab", which would house this information, moving it from the Overview screen.

The other cool thing I suggested was to have the functionality to use the Darksend tab to send Darksend transactions, and keep the Send tab just for normal transactions. InstantX could be a checkbox in both tabs.

I really hope that can be accomplished one day, as I feel that would improve the UI dramatically, and showcase one of our flagship technologies. Would it be hard to do?

Back