• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Easy to install miner and wallet

minersday

I would love to see mass adaption of dash,
but I think this would require easy to install wallet (this is now)
but also easy to install miner, and for example bundle of these two, and a preconfigured pool for example p2pool:s which it is going to mine.

so it would be just one thing to install and away you go.

I would love to see mass adaption of dash,
but I think this would require easy to install wallet (this is now)
but also easy to install miner, and for example bundle of these two, and a preconfigured pool for example p2pool:s which it is going to mine.

so it would be just one thing to install and away you go.
You can mine from the wallet but the difficulty on main net is very high (and has stayed very high) so it's not feasible to mine from your wallet anymore.

yes that's true, but people will stop mining if they don't see the results, with p2pools etc pools, you will still get some coins when a block is found..
so thats an incentive to keep mining, you can see the results..

Meaning when a novice enduser has installed the dash wallet (with the CPU/GPU miner preconfigure p2pool)
they will expect to see some results within a few hours (meaning some coins) to their wallets. even if it is just 0.0001 so on..
so the installation binary has to do this automatically, user just gives the order to start mining and thats it.

with the built in miner it's CPU only and you get nothing unless you find a block which is very very very very unlikely...

yes, a wallet with preconfigured p2pool (with lowest latency) auto-chosen-able, simply click mine button and it goes :) - just thinking for the future.... there would always be some decentralisation + enforcing the network.

yes, a wallet with preconfigured p2pool (with lowest latency) auto-chosen-able, simply click mine button and it goes :) - just thinking for the future.... there would always be some decentralisation + enforcing the network.

This would draw mainstream adoption of the coin....
I would prefer this to be done before the marketing campaings (first impressions the thing), should not be too hard to bundle together, AMD sgminer/ NVIDIA ccminer..
this would allow even the least experienced users to start generating their dashes.. =)

This would draw mainstream adoption of the coin....
I would prefer this to be done before the marketing campaings (first impressions the thing), should not be too hard to bundle together, AMD sgminer/ NVIDIA ccminer..
this would allow even the least experienced users to start generating their dashes.. =)
How do you do this? Is this even possible?
Where I live electricity costs way up high, not worth to do mining.

with this price of course moli...all depends from ecqulibrium between difficulty and price of the single coin.

The average user don't even think that how much it costs to run a computer.
They only care to get a peace of their own fortune...
and this enables them to try and we will get mass adaption...

The average user don't even think that how much it costs to run a computer.
They only care to get a peace of their own fortune...
and this enables them to try and we will get mass adaption...
Oh but i do think about how much mining can cost me electricity and wear out my computer... and with the money to pay more for electricity i can use it to buy more Dash. I'm not sure what it takes for mass adoption to happen but i really doubt that making mining easier is the way as I have seen people sold their mining equipments and put that money into masternodes, they say it's better for their ROI.

Oh but i do think about how much mining can cost me electricity and wear out my computer... and with the money to pay more for electricity i can use it to buy more Dash. I'm not sure what it takes for mass adoption to happen but i really doubt that making mining easier is the way as I have seen people sold their mining equipments and put that money into masternodes, they say it's better for their ROI.

sorry but,
Average person does not use mining equipment or even know what it is... they use regular computers to surf the internet, update facebook etc..

and when we catch these persons intrests with an ad campaing, nothing can stop us..

even bitcoin does not have this kind of ease of use.
Didn't we want to be better the bitcoin? =)

sorry but,
Average person does not use mining equipment or even know what it is... they use regular computers to surf the internet, update facebook etc..

and when we catch these persons intrests with an ad campaing, nothing can stop us..

even bitcoin does not have this kind of ease of use.
Didn't we want to be better the bitcoin? =)
Okay! you may be right... I'm asking someone to make it happen... Not sure if he would do it, but we'll see... :)

I'm thinking maybe a wallet for miners with what you suggest and no DS, IX, or MN will be on it.
=================================
EDIT: So I asked Wolf0 about this idea and here's the convo:

[19:25:57] <molly> Wolf`: would you want to write code for it?
[19:28:56] <Wolf`> molly: well...
[19:29:03] <Wolf`> molly: I don't see the need for it
[19:29:06] <Wolf`> really
[19:29:15] <molly> Wolf`: why not?
[19:29:17] <Wolf`> because mining is not something that average joe can really do
[19:29:36] <molly> Wolf`: that's why this person wants to make it easy for the average joe
[19:29:46] <Wolf`> molly: right, but here's the thing: You can't
[19:29:50] <Wolf`> every card is different
[19:29:54] <molly> ya
[19:29:58] <Wolf`> even ones of the same type and batch
[19:30:04] <Wolf`> you need to be able to tune to yours
[19:30:08] <Wolf`> and on top of this
[19:30:21] <Wolf`> if you go for max perf, you will crash people's computers
[19:30:25] <Wolf`> they will hate this
[19:30:36] <Wolf`> it's a power user type pursuit for this reason
[19:31:11] <molly> Wolf`: what would you suggest to help the average joe to know how to mine dash?
[19:31:39] <Wolf`> molly: besides tutorials, documentation, and other education, I don't think there's much
[19:31:51] <Wolf`> It's something you need to put effort into
[19:32:01] <Wolf`> I mean, you COULD make an easyminer that hashes
[19:32:09] <Wolf`> but it wouldn't be very efficient
[19:33:36] <Wolf`> molly: plus, that type of thing has a limited window of usefulness
[19:33:46] <Wolf`> once specialized hardware shows up
[19:33:48] <Wolf`> it's useless

Last edited by a moderator:

[19:33:36] <Wolf`> molly: plus, that type of thing has a limited window of usefulness

As someone who has optimized mining software back in the days I fully agree, the target group for this would be VERY small.

It would be 1000% more effective to just include instructions on how to connect the build-in miner to a P2P-pool into the wallet's help page.

As someone who has optimized mining software back in the days I fully agree, the target group for this would be VERY small.

It would be 1000% more effective to just include instructions on how to connect the build-in miner to a P2P-pool into the wallet's help page.

I think, you missed my point a little.
So give me an answer to this one, just yesterday a 11 year old neighbors son asked that could he start mining bitcoins. (not minding the fact that it's not practical these days with cpu/gpu)

What is you answer? download wallet (where?), download miner (where?, which one?) point the miner to a pool (which pool and how?, register where? what is p2pool? so on..), put in the wallet address etc.

or would the answer be just, download this to your computer and install, and off you go.
this is my point and I would want this with DASH (major adoption), there are currently ofcourse sgminer for AMD, ccminer for nvidia.

it does not have to be perfect, just to support for example. nvidia maxwell chipeset, amd r2xx
so on...
would fail back to cpu in the case it could not find correct gpu.. and you could adjust the intensity to do the mining more safe for the GPU.
and wallet could do it when it's idling, like folding home projects..

Okay! you may be right... I'm asking someone to make it happen... Not sure if he would do it, but we'll see... :)

I'm thinking maybe a wallet for miners with what you suggest and no DS, IX, or MN will be on it.
=================================

[19:25:57] <molly> Wolf`: would you want to write code for it?
[19:28:56] <Wolf`> molly: well...
[19:29:03] <Wolf`> molly: I don't see the need for it
[19:29:06] <Wolf`> really
[19:29:15] <molly> Wolf`: why not?
[19:29:17] <Wolf`> because mining is not something that average joe can really do
[19:29:36] <molly> Wolf`: that's why this person wants to make it easy for the average joe
[19:29:46] <Wolf`> molly: right, but here's the thing: You can't
[19:29:50] <Wolf`> every card is different
[19:29:54] <molly> ya
[19:29:58] <Wolf`> even ones of the same type and batch
[19:30:04] <Wolf`> you need to be able to tune to yours
[19:30:08] <Wolf`> and on top of this
[19:30:21] <Wolf`> if you go for max perf, you will crash people's computers
[19:30:25] <Wolf`> they will hate this
[19:30:36] <Wolf`> it's a power user type pursuit for this reason
[19:31:11] <molly> Wolf`: what would you suggest to help the average joe to know how to mine dash?
[19:31:39] <Wolf`> molly: besides tutorials, documentation, and other education, I don't think there's much
[19:31:51] <Wolf`> It's something you need to put effort into

check out above..

If i had an 11 yr-old child I would tell her/him what Wolf0 said and would try to help her/him to be smart like Wolf0.

This is the problem with the current cryptocoins, they are too difficult for major adoption (pardon me but it's true).... you have to think like a novice user, which are the major group of computer users. They usually just want in for the prospect of money.. =)

Back