• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

V12 Testing Thread

I think if there's an active Chinese tester, this can be done fast... If there was a Chinese dev, it would be even much better... So maybe you can ask them to volunteer as a regular tester/developer..? :smile:

Raico is on test net
A Chinese Dev ?! ..... Ahhhh :rolleyes:

Edit
Let me call bobby lee and check !
Maybe he can send his brother Bruce :wink:

I'm the awkward one who voted no for everybody :wink:
My proposal is still getting paid in spite of your "NO" vote... Holycow.. just right when i finished that first sentence, it got another payment.... lol
Transaction ID: 0bce28b859e638d8a55a8bb17d7efa5b8004dbe756d93a04c09d60dac94e6e0a-000

upload_2015-7-26_0-5-18.png

UdjinM6

v0.12.0.29-c0a5dfb 32bit, win7 x64, and quite powerful PC.
When i click 'start darksend mixing', wallet get totally freezed about 3-5 sec, then it start mixing.
I think this should get fixed, before release.

So if you put in a proposal, you choose a start block, right? And if your start block passes by without achieving enough votes, does that kill your proposal? Do you have to start all over again with a new proposal? What if you're still gaining votes? Is locking in your start block going to kill a project before it even finishes being discussed on the forums?

BTW, the nodes I couldn't get to start even so they seemed to be fully synced just started for me after being left alone 6 hours. So it seems they can start if you wait long enough (however long that is)

I observed the same behaviour. 2 out of 3 MN could not start waiting for sync. The blocks were completely synched on all 3 MN, but the masternode count is not. MN count on the waiting 2 MN now increasing very very slowly. At this speed, this could last for a couple of hours.

Testnet Dash Ninja updated to 0.12.0.29-2b3edff.
masternode start-many is very weird now, says Failed but error message seems to be ok...

Code:
{
"overall" : "Successfully started 0 masternodes, failed to start 4, total 4",
"detail" : {
"status" : {
"alias" : "tdrkmn01",
"result" : "failed",
"errorMessage" : "Node just started, not yet activated"
},
"alias" : "tdrkmn02",
},
"alias" : "tdrkmn03",
},
"alias" : "tdrkmn04",
}
}
}

Tested mixing 2 sessions, both stopped because blockchain was stuck at some point.

Win-32bit v0.12.0.29-c0a5dfb -- So far I haven't got a stuck wallet and DS is going well on 4 wallets:

upload_2015-7-26_9-29-0.png

UdjinM6

v0.12.0.29-c0a5dfb 32bit, win7 x64, and quite powerful PC.
When i click 'start darksend mixing', wallet get totally freezed about 3-5 sec, then it start mixing.
I think this should get fixed, before release.
win7 x64, v0.12.0.29-c0a5dfb 32bit is working well on my side

v0.12.0.30

This should fix the syncing issues with masternodes and v29. Also, people should be able to start masternodes within a couple minutes of when the client starts now. There's also significant changes to the security model of the proposal system, which should work better, but we'll need to test updating votes to make sure all of that works normal.

** please delete mncache.dat before starting, the format has changed **
** downloads might say v29 for the next 30 minutes until the version bump compiles, but it's the same thing ***

Changed vote restriction model …
better sorting algorithm …
Only relay good budget items
Update lastPing in mapSeen obj, remove ping from CMasternodeBroadcast hash
Change rest of sync process to direct inv messages / reduced sync tim… …
directly send inv messages

Linux32:
https://dashpay.atlassian.net/build...n-linux-dash-dist//dash-0.12.0-linux32.tar.gz

Linux64:
https://dashpay.atlassian.net/build...n-linux-dash-dist//dash-0.12.0-linux64.tar.gz

Mac:
https://dashpay.atlassian.net/build...n-osx-dash-dist//dash-0.12.0-osx-unsigned.dmg

Win32:
https://dashpay.atlassian.net/build...1/gitian-win-dash-dist//dash-0.12.0-win32.zip

Win64:
https://dashpay.atlassian.net/build...1/gitian-win-dash-dist//dash-0.12.0-win64.zip

Last edited by a moderator:
I observed the same behaviour. 2 out of 3 MN could not start waiting for sync. The blocks were completely synched on all 3 MN, but the masternode count is not. MN count on the waiting 2 MN now increasing very very slowly. At this speed, this could last for a couple of hours.

That should be fixed in .30, let me know

Could it be possible to implement an update switch to the binary?
so with a command for example dashd --updatebinary
it would check the latest binary / MD5 sum of the binary from example dashpay site (XML-data), and would replace the current binary with the new one,
this would is easily done? and would greatly ease the update processes.
but ofcouse the update has to be only user controllable.

I did some Darksend mixing with windows 5 wallets and made some pie percentages per wallet : http://imgur.com/a/63LEu#Hvc6PvX

Below is the data i used :

wallet 1

Darksend Collateral Payments : 23
Darksend Make Collateral Inputs : 7
Darksend Denominate : 95
Darksend Create Denominations : 2

wallet 2

Darksend Collateral Payments : 29
Darksend Make Collateral Inputs : 9
Darksend Denominate : 91
Darksend Create Denominations : 3

wallet 3

Darksend Collateral Payments : 15
Darksend Make Collateral Inputs : 5
Darksend Denominate : 88

wallet 4

Darksend Collateral Payments : 12
Darksend Make Collateral Inputs : 4
Darksend Denominate : 83

wallet 5

Darksend Collateral Payments : 19
Darksend Make Collateral Inputs : 6
Darksend Denominate : 79

Cool, would you like to share the wallet version and start/end time of mixing ?
i started yesterday so a few versions went and go sorta speak... i think i started yesterday with version v0.12.0.28 and upgraded to v0.12.0.29 today

Last edited by a moderator:
The masternode count number immediately aligns with a masternode or normal wallet now (masternode used to lag but match eventually)

Back