• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

V12 Testing Thread

UdjinM6 - So now when we do "masternode winners" on testnet, we see something like this:

Is this a normal list of masternode winners and we'll see something similar on mainnet?
from block "86923" : we have:
"yB4b1XP2mUGVsdiijCkFLqjWjGC4RugcDK:6,
y5z7cKVFkE1zkSZnMcXyCFtAyEHwhsFzGN:1,
xzSFBjT3SrD1Pbc2DaNjkbGjBFwr2UVHrL:1,
yCovUCFordkbagqTuh4crRoz7fFa6r4M65:2",

It means these got voted by all masternodes online and yB4b1XP2mUGVsdiijCkFLqjWjGC4RugcDK has the most votes (6) so it's the winner of this block?

masternode winners should tend to have one winner per block so to say because it’s now selected by top10 MNs (determined deterministically like for IX locking) unlike current mainnet where winner is selected by reference node

EDIT: slightly updated

Interesting.
However mixing results on testnet can't be directly compared to mainnet - only 2 participants here instead of 3 on mainnet so mixing can take longer on mainnet. BUT we have forks so mixing could be a bit faster.
I also wonder if that result is reproducible at all. Would be interesting to see different people mix same amount/rounds. Going to try myself too.

Well, took me 2 hours to get to 387 tDASH in DS balance and now things doesn't really move too much.. Is there anyone mixing? Looks like I can't find second party for 1ish denoms...

Well, took me 2 hours to get to 387 tDASH in DS balance and now things doesn't really move too much.. Is there anyone mixing? Looks like I can't find second party for 1ish denoms...
I just started a testnet wallet with 400/ 8 rounds.

On mainnet, since last night I've been trying to mix ~5 DASH and so far I've got only 1 round on 10 denominate amounts... :sad:

Damn, you got those 387 quite fast, 4 hours faster than my test.

UdjinM6
I did again InstantX test, and got same problem which was also previous ix test, here:
https://dashtalk.org/threads/v12-testing-thread.5484/page-77#post-60285

Wallet1 started 20:52
Wallet1 sent 949 tDASH to wallet2 20:54
Wallet2 started 20:53 and fully synced
Last block: 20:42
MN Count: 0/0

I think ix wont work because MN count is zero and last block was 20:42 and
start time was 20:53, so wallet is not really fully synced after start, go figure.

Check all times and mn count in this pic below.

ixnoblockstuck.png

UdjinM6
I did again InstantX test, and got same problem which was also previous ix test, here:
https://dashtalk.org/threads/v12-testing-thread.5484/page-77#post-60285

Wallet1 started 20:52
Wallet1 sent 949 tDASH to wallet2 20:54
Wallet2 started 20:53 and fully synced
Last block: 20:42
MN Count: 0/0

I think ix wont work because MN count is zero and last block was 20:42 and
start time was 20:53, so wallet is not really fully synced after start, go figure.

Check all times and mn count in this pic below.

ixnoblockstuck.png
The last few days Testnet has been having problem with network fragmentation and Evan is on it. He's been compiling a few more versions so I guess he's still working on everything.

Both of my wallets are showing 94 MNs right now.

EDIT: Last night I asked him on slack why i kept seeing wallets showing different count numbers of MNs and if this was normal, and he said:
Nope, 12.0.23 had a banning issue that's been resolved. 12.0.24 looks a lot better, but it's still not perfect

eduffield[8:14 PM]Nodes were getting hit with Misbehaving status over the course of hours, eventually being banned, then fragmenting the network, which then caused forks and other badness
checkout "masternode winners" that shows you the level of fragmentation of the network. The nodes should all be voting for the same winner

Last edited by a moderator:
The last few days Testnet has been having problem with network fragmentation and Evan is on it. He's been compiling a few more versions so I guess he's still working on everything.

Both of my wallets are showing 94 MNs right now.

EDIT: Last night I asked him on slack why i kept seeing wallets showing different count numbers of MNs and if this was normal, and he said:
Ok, lets wait and see.

Got a successful IX transaction just now: (v0.12.0.25-d193cc2, btw)

Status: 6 confirmations (verified via instantx), broadcast through 20 nodes
Date: 7/20/2015 16:38
To: Udjin IX yAUTpqhxrp311S5U2hAMugkmT4ZaRzi8jM
Debit: -9.99010000 tDASH
Transaction fee: -0.01000000 tDASH
Net amount: -10.00010000 tDASH
Transaction ID: 3aa1ae16a4d1b5eee2c2ba279fc95d505f00216474370f274f8154680589965a-000

I just started a testnet wallet with 400/ 8 rounds.

On mainnet, since last night I've been trying to mix ~5 DASH and so far I've got only 1 round on 10 denominate amounts... :sad:
I activated DS (1000 tDASH/2 rounds) now which I never have used on a main net wallet

I activated DS (1000 tDASH/2 rounds) now which I never have used on a main net wallet
Hey ArpFlush, welcome to the fun :p.

What happens is Evan pops in the thread to post the latest builds we're supposed to update to, so my modus operandi is to start from the last post and scan backward 'till I find the last download Evan posted (though I'm sure you can do that by looking up eduffield, but it's not the same as bitcointalk, so I haven't figured that out yet, LOL)

I think you need all 4 files to work (well, you can go either / or with dashd or dash-qt) But I think you have to have dash-cli and dash-tx for certain. dash-cli is the program that you run your commands through for dashd now. You start the dash daemon (dashd) like we used to, ie: dashd -daemon but any other command we use, we do it with dash-cli now. so to getinfo, you do dash-cli getinfo.

Actually, I guess if you're just using the qt wallet, all you need is dash-qt. I have absolutely no idea what the heck dash-tx is, maybe it's to store our transactions? I don't think you need it for the qt wallet. The test stuff, I have no idea, I just ignore it.

Make sure you have testnet=1 in your configure file, start up the qt wallet and you should be off.

Often we need to reindex (done in command line like so: dash-qt -reindex or else ./dash-qt -reindex and often Evan asks us to delete the mncache.dat and budget.dat files when we download a new version.

We have a thread for links to tools for testing which includes a faucet so you don't have to bother waiting for someone to send you funds, it's here: https://dashtalk.org/threads/testnet-tools-resources.1768/page-5#post-60138

Sorry, I sent my last windfall there, so I can't currently send funds, LOL

UdjinM6 - thanks! lol .. Another IX success... AjM should join in! :)

Date: 7/20/2015 19:24
Credit: 111.00000000 tDASH
Net amount: +111.00000000 tDASH
Transaction ID: dae54ef93d0101ac31ab57ed35b45cbb8e2c67c5dae1b310b41b22dbbd0b006e-000

eduffield , I'm running v0.12.0.25-e4a0e83
my getinfo show my protocol version = 70093 but masternode list show my masternode protocol version as 70092.
Already tried masternode stop and start. The masternode list still show my record as version 70092
I'm running hot masternode :)
Is this correct ?

Back