• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Tao suggested I post here... 0.05 BTC bounty offered for resolution to my masternode issue !

Thx n now to sit back and see what happens.

IGS said he'd check everything out later as he's workin on something "special" for GB.

Edit: FWIW, what needs to be done for donations ? Or is that way more complicated lol

oh, wait.. you are trying to compile qt. I kind of ignored it - that was for daemon part only.
For qt you also need to change qt/bitcoin.cpp
Code:
diff --git a/src/qt/bitcoin.cpp b/src/qt/bitcoin.cpp
index 8480665..6d27b01 100644
--- a/src/qt/bitcoin.cpp
+++ b/src/qt/bitcoin.cpp
@@ -19,6 +19,7 @@
#ifdef Q_OS_MAC
#include "macdockiconhandler.h"
#endif
+#include "masternodeconfig.h"

#include <QMessageBox>
#include <QTextCodec>
@@ -167,6 +168,14 @@ int main(int argc, char *argv[])
     }
     ReadConfigFile(mapArgs, mapMultiArgs);

+    // ... then masternode.conf
+    string strErr;
+    if(!masternodeConfig.read(strErr)) {
+        QMessageBox::critical(0, "GorillaBucks",
+                              QString("Error reading masternode configuration file: %1").arg(strErr.c_str()));
+        return 1;
+    }
+
     // Application identification (must be set before OptionsModel is initialized,
     // as it is used to locate QSettings)
     app.setOrganizationName("GorillaBucks");

sorry about that

EDIT: code base here is older then in Dash, so I kind of adopted it, not sure if it works out of the box (could require some small fixes)

oh, wait.. you are trying to compile qt. I kind of ignored it - that was for daemon part only.
For qt you also need to change qt/bitcoin.cpp
Code:
diff --git a/src/qt/bitcoin.cpp b/src/qt/bitcoin.cpp
index 8480665..6d27b01 100644
--- a/src/qt/bitcoin.cpp
+++ b/src/qt/bitcoin.cpp
@@ -19,6 +19,7 @@
#ifdef Q_OS_MAC
#include "macdockiconhandler.h"
#endif
+#include "masternodeconfig.h"

#include <QMessageBox>
#include <QTextCodec>
@@ -167,6 +168,14 @@ int main(int argc, char *argv[])
     }
     ReadConfigFile(mapArgs, mapMultiArgs);

+    // ... then masternode.conf
+    string strErr;
+    if(!masternodeConfig.read(strErr)) {
+        QMessageBox::critical(0, "GorillaBucks",
+                              QString("Error reading masternode configuration file: %1").arg(strErr.c_str()));
+        return 1;
+    }
+
     // Application identification (must be set before OptionsModel is initialized,
     // as it is used to locate QSettings)
     app.setOrganizationName("GorillaBucks");

sorry about that

EDIT: code base here is older then in Dash, so I kind of adopted it, not sure if it works out of the box (could require some small fixes)
Thx and out of curiosity... *points to his edit to the last reply he made*

Edit: If you cound fancify this lol...

/iGotSpots/GorillaBucks/compare/master...MoreBloodWine:patch-2

Edit 2: As for your edit, guess we shall see when IGS is hopefully able to compile a qt for me to test but it should work OOB if it does so in the DASH code as it currently exists.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thx and out of curiosity... *points to his edit to the last reply he made*

Edit: If you cound fancify this lol...

/iGotSpots/GorillaBucks/compare/master...MoreBloodWine:patch-2

Edit 2: As for your edit, guess we shall see when IGS is hopefully able to compile a qt for me to test but it should work OOB if it does so in the DASH code as it currently exists.
change this https://github.com/MoreBloodWine/Go...797#diff-8c9d79ba40bf702f01685008550ac100R176 to "return 1;".
I figured out code base difference a bit later and you were too fast to copy :)

Hey Udjin, Spots kinda has a full plate right now dealing with fudders and some other projects. If it's not too much to ask, would you want to build me a qt to test with the changes ?

/MoreBloodWine/GorillaBucks/commit/18fc113726fe6953194a4e30936da24c1e73cced

/iGotSpots/GorillaBucks/commit/c766a285267ad6d4f7fd894aeaad4e544f6a7c26

Thx m8.

Hey Udjin, Spots kinda has a full plate right now dealing with fudders and some other projects. If it's not too much to ask, would you want to build me a qt to test with the changes ?

/MoreBloodWine/GorillaBucks/commit/18fc113726fe6953194a4e30936da24c1e73cced

/iGotSpots/GorillaBucks/commit/c766a285267ad6d4f7fd894aeaad4e544f6a7c26

Thx m8.
No offense, m8 but don't you think it's kind of strange that your developer has such priorities ^^^^ instead of helping people that are involved in his project? He has all the help he can get from me to help you with just starting a fresh build (I assume that he has a build environment set up otherwise.. is he a dev actually?).

I'm sorry but I already spent too much time for something that covers his lack of skills to find the issue and make the obvious code changes and I have no interest in fixing build env too (which looks broken atm afaik).

Sorry...

So for the sake of argument so I can say I asked, you wouldnt even help add donation support for an increased bounty ?

On the topic of the bounty, for the original post. I have full intentions of paying it but I have to test the code changes first which I cannot do without a qt.

i am following this since the beginning
and i think Udjin (as always) did a great job and was very very helpful and accommodating !

but "...you wouldn't even help...."
is a bit rude and really pushing it !!

Let me tell you a story:
There was that guy who went to a car repair shop
- "can you explain me how to fix my exhaust ?"
- "sure"
the mechanic said and told him what to do
- "can you explain me how to fix my engine"
- "sure"
the mechanic said and told him what to do
- "i still can NOT test-drive and try if the exhaust is really fixed !!
If it's not too much to ask, would you want to build me a gearbox to test with the changes"
think about it
:wink:

So for the sake of argument so I can say I asked, you wouldnt even help add donation support for an increased bounty ?

On the topic of the bounty, for the original post. I have full intentions of paying it but I have to test the code changes first which I cannot do without a qt.
Wrong wording. I respect Udjin for help given... what was meant was would you at least help for in increased bounty.

TL;DR; save what's left and find a better coin

Just to make it clear: my interest in this at any given time was not to get a bounty but to make sure that the bug is not Dash related and Dash is ok which I did completely even before I posted code changes. And I posted code changes only to make it clear to everyone else and to help you but again not for any bounty you might offer. I always appreciate tips in Dash though but that's not necessary, only if you feel you want to tip me for a help and if not - that's fine, that's a tip not a bounty/salary/whatever.

To help you even more I would rephrase myself ("drop it and switch to Dash") and share something I learned being in crypto for a few years: never buy "features" in any coin, "buy" dev(s) and the community. I myself lost a lot jumping on coins with "features" and thanks god I was able to exit on few pumps of other coins to return at least anything. But that was pure luck and speculation, nothing related to "features" or "devs". If dev can't find an issue for some time - it's ok, he might be busy dev-ing some other stuff, but if "dev" can't make fresh build even when he has all the changes he need - that's a huge red flag and NO to this coin imo. It just does not worth your time/money.

Well as I said before, I would love to jump on DASH, but only if I could get a MN to play with. I am in DASH not but by no means on a scale to what I'd like. I have 2 DASH to my name and at a cost of 1k DASH for a MN. I'd have to invest serious BTC I don't have or could even think of affording right now ;-/

Well as I said before, I would love to jump on DASH, but only if I could get a MN to play with. I am in DASH not but by no means on a scale to what I'd like. I have 2 DASH to my name and at a cost of 1k DASH for a MN. I'd have to invest serious BTC I don't have or could even think of affording right now ;-/
Hello there... :)
I don't mean to be rude but if you can't afford anything, how can you afford a "bounty"?
You're going to lose more if the gorilla gets you sucked to it.
Maybe you should just be careful and watch that coin and not get involved in that coin or any coin right now. Just my 2 cents. :)

Hello there... :)
I don't mean to be rude but if you can't afford anything, how can you afford a "bounty"?
You're going to lose more if the gorilla gets you sucked to it.
Maybe you should just be careful and watch that coin and not get involved in that coin or any coin right now. Just my 2 cents. :)
I'm sorry if you can afford ~11 BTC for a MN and I cant... must be nice to have ~$3k to buy coin for a DASH MN.

I agree with my colleagues: Rethink your involvement in a coin, whose developer did his last commit 20 days ago and is to busy with "dealing with fudders and some other projects" instead of fixing a trivial error in his codebase, providing proper builds and a test environment. You are literally wasting your time.

Having this said: If you just want to "play" with a MN, did you ever think of trying our DASH testnet? You can have 1000s of tDASH for free, using our faucets or just asking me - and set up as many masternodes you want^^ (and maybe provide feedback in our testing thread)

upload_2015-7-21_12-57-43.png
upload_2015-7-21_13-8-45.png

Just my 0.02DASH

You could propose a project to code in version 12 when its released and get paid real Dash for your work if it's voted in by the masternoders :cool:

Back