• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

V12 Testing Thread

The most recent version asked me if I wanted to rebuild the block database now. Is this correct? Or do I have a problem?

I have tons of y's scrolling on my daemon ;P

And my qt wallet isn't starting, it's paused at "loading block index" so either it's rebuilding, or it's in limbo because it's not able to ask me if I want to rebuild it :) I'll wait to see what happens :)

Ok if anyone can help scratchy that would be awesome... Otherwise, come chat on IRC... here's a snippet what we're talking about ...

[18:59:49] <blonkel> moli: i have to write an daemon restarter first
[18:59:58] <moli> ok
[18:59:59] <blonkel> im on it ~
[19:00:12] <blonkel> otherwise wait for the response of some devs in the thread :)
[19:00:21] <blonkel> why the daemons could crash
[19:00:42] <moli> looks like evan is having a walk with his wife and dogs
[19:01:00] <moli> and then probably a dinner date
[19:01:14] <moli> Udjin is probably snoring
[19:01:22] <moli> and flare is definitely snoring

(blonkel is scratch, btw, in case you're wondering... lol)

:grin: :tongue:

Update, it's been over 40 minutes and neither the qt or daemon have started up properly. Will try deleting everything in the dash folder and see if that will help :)

Couldn't close or stop them, had to reboot VPS and stop service on local windows :)

Update, it's been over 40 minutes and neither the qt or daemon have started up properly. Will try deleting everything in the dash folder and see if that will help :)
Wouldn't hurt to add -reindex to shortcut as well, I had to do that earlier

Edit: Cuz it can still get stuck even after deleting everything

Yah, it was weird, so I thought I'd report it, even so I know how to fix it (deleting everything in the dash folder except wallet.dat and dash.conf pretty much covers everything except a true bug :D

Same here--block 75799. Seems like I have seen that number before.

Edit: Deleted all files but wallet.dat, started with --reindex--sync complete @ block 84970.

Last edited by a moderator:
Same here--block 75799. Seems like I have seen that number before.

Edit: Deleted all files but wallet.dat, started with --reindex--sync complete @ block 84970.

yes, same block 75799.

eduffield , should we a) fix it ourselves, or b) assume this could be a mainnet issue and send you logs or something else?

Can anyone point me in the direction of the information that tells us how to run multiple masternodes with one ip address? I can't seem to find it? Thanks :)

eduffield -- win32 - v0.12.0.20-7101c95 - I deleted everything in testnet3 folder except the wallet.dat and blockchain and running the wallet without reindex, now my wallet is stuck at block 84849. I'm noticing again block 84850 pays to the multisig address 8mpnk9qM9fX7NWvz8Huhp8YivP6SYCSPkb. I'm not sure if this has anything to do with the wallet not syncing, but why is it this is the second time one of my wallets gets stuck at a block before the payment to a multisig address?

upload_2015-7-17_1-21-2.png

EDIT: This wallet got synced after -reindex but why oh why do we have to do this every time... :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Gotta delete the blockchain or run the wallet with -reindex command. It's the stuck blockchain that needs to be cleaned up ;)

And I think one of those other files causes it to get stuck, like the mncashe.dat file or peers.dat

Looks like they got rid of that other one. whatever it was called, LOL.

Can anyone point me in the direction of the information that tells us how to run multiple masternodes with one ip address? I can't seem to find it? Thanks :)
I was just informed that this is only possible in testnet because you can use different ports. So unless that's wrong, I'm good :)

Back