• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

V12 Testing Thread

Re-index, deleting everything or starting from scratch keeps ending stuck at 75799 seems pretty common to many. I was just wondering...
Would it work if somebody on correct chain copy their Testnet3 folder (sans wallet) and upload it to Dropbox or similar for others to download?

Yep, blockchain has multiple "stuck points" due to a bug somewhere in budgeting/validation :sad:
I'm not familiar enough with new code so I guess one part is https://github.com/UdjinM6/dash/commit/33e4c118dcac4d6295ec8d612a019561bb8ccba7
But that does not look good enough and also after applying this I can move forward only a bit - new block headers are marked as invalid sometimes and I stuck again.
Dug through code but can't catch it yet and I really need to have some snoring sleep now. :tongue:

PS. I hope I'm not snoring too loud :grin:

Yep, blockchain has multiple "stuck points" due to a bug somewhere in budgeting/validation :sad:
I'm not familiar enough with new code so I guess one part is https://github.com/UdjinM6/dash/commit/33e4c118dcac4d6295ec8d612a019561bb8ccba7
But that does not look good enough and also after applying this I can move forward only a bit - new block headers are marked as invalid sometimes and I stuck again.
Dug through code but can't catch it yet and I really need to have some snoring sleep now. :tongue:

PS. I hope I'm not snoring too loud :grin:
LOL... Just kidding! But you should be snoring now! :grin:

I used the Testnet bootstrap (the second time, first time it got stuck at block 75799), and now my wallet looks synced but it doesn't agree with http://test.insight.dash.siampm.com/

{
"version" : 120006,
"protocolversion" : 70082,
"walletversion" : 61000,
"balance" : 2999.71826744,
"darksend_balance" : 0.00000000,
"blocks" : 76320,
"timeoffset" : 7,
"connections" : 8,
"proxy" : "",
"difficulty" : 0.00177760,
"testnet" : true,
"keypoololdest" : 1435663020,
"keypoolsize" : 1001,
"paytxfee" : 0.00000000,
"relayfee" : 0.00010000,
"errors" : ""
}
And most of my DS Denominated tx's became "conflicted" and greyed out.

I think Udjin is probably snoring and Evan is probably eating dinner and watching TV.

OH GOD NO!!!!
They are MACHINES!!!!

They don't even go to the bathroom - what are you saying???

lol

do getblockhash 76356
you should get
00000006a36c1108a4a604eceec6b028253f72057fd76a6ebbca6ad48cdeefc5

then you'll know you're on the right chain.

p, li { white-space: pre-wrap; }
22:32:25 getblockhash 76356

22:32:25 Block height out of range (code -8)

looks like we're dead here until the sun rolls around - NOON in HK - ugh

The european and russian crews are still sleeping... But we're having a good chat in IRC.. You can run DS on Mainnet too if you're bored :)

That IRC turned into a cesspool of damn trolls and bullshit

Apologies for disappearing! Our air conditioner died and computers overheated :( Spent last two days trying to work it out, finally decided we had to buy a new one, and of course installation was a bitch in the heat, LOL. But WE DID IT!!!

Ahhhh, nice and cool. Now back to work, I have to catch up!

OK, so it looks like we're still on version 6. Rolling on :D ........

MN on my server has been chugging away NP

Ugh, my desktop wallet forked :(

I deleted everything except wallet.dat and restarted.

I'm stuck at 75799 37 hours ago. Wonder if this is the same spot (or one of the spots) others get stuck on?

The server, which never shut down is on 76600

Last edited by a moderator:
Ugh, my desktop wallet forked :(

I deleted everything except wallet.dat and restarted.

I'm stuck at 75799 37 hours ago. Wonder if this is the same spot (or one of the spots) others get stuck on?

The server, which never shut down is on 76600

You can use the bootstrap for testnet
https://github.com/UdjinM6/dash-bootstrap

worked for me. Delete everything except wallet, put the bootstrap.dat in the testnet3 folder and open the wallet

I found the addnode=128.127.106.235:19999 post a few pages back, added them to a new dash.conf file inside the testenet folder and it worked :) Thanks!

Re-downloading the blockchain, and deleting the meta-data did it for me.

Pablo.

i think we need to wait for an official reply with regards to the syncing problem as UdjinM6 indicated he had difficulty
maintaining a good sync

new block headers are marked as invalid sometimes and I stuck again.

For anyone that's gotten stuck, can you send me your log? I have yet to see an instance of this happening on one of my nodes, so It's hard to debug. [email protected]
Done.
My wallet was yesterday ok, now its stuck at 23 hours behind.

Edit: dash.conf have addnode=128.127.106.235:19999

For anyone that's gotten stuck, can you send me your log? I have yet to see an instance of this happening on one of my nodes, so It's hard to debug. [email protected]

done, i have the same addnode added in dash.conf (128.127.106.235:19999)
i just cant seem to get past block 75799

edit : i will give the new bootstrap 1st of july 2015 from UdjinM6 a try.. https://github.com/UdjinM6/dash-bootstrap

edit : same problem, synced up to block 75799 and then stuck. i sent that debug.log as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello, So where are we now?

I just loaded up one of my test wallets and it's synced to block height 76854 but the three Testnet Explorers show the current block is 76829. Which one is the right chain?

Back