• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash Apps Icon

UdjinM6

Official Dash Dev
Dash Core Group
There was a color discussion some time ago https://dashtalk.org/threads/color-of-logo-of-dashpay-io-and-dashtalk-org.4500/ but looks like we are going to stick with the "strong" one.

If so I think we need to do smth with our App icon.
That's how it fits in app bar on mac:
Screen Shot 2015-04-05 at 5.47.52.png
Screen Shot 2015-06-28 at 18.04.58.png

New color and dark background doesn't play well at all imo. And even on white one it looks a bit odd to me (but I'm not sure about this, maybe I just like the old one too much :rolleyes:)

So my suggestion is to make an icon that look smth like this
Screen Shot 2015-06-28 at 18.09.59.png

but maybe logo in rounded square instead or smth completely new... I don't really know, pinging our graphics gurus raze and snogcel to join discussion and hopefully provide some solution :smile:

EDIT: fixed attachments

Easy enough:

dash_taskbar_icon_80.png

Definitely improves visibility. It looks like the current icon also has some transparency baked into it which probably doesn't help either.

taskbar_icons.png

I had a discussion with Evan, Fernando, and Tungfa on Slack a while back about the colors and we made the decision to change to the strong blue (#1c75bc) over from the old Darkcoin blue (#3397cc). We also commissioned some new graphics to replace the old wavy arrow designs, so this will probably need to integrated into the wallet eventually too. The Facebook page has been updated and I think gives a good idea of the direction of the new designs.

dash_stationary.jpg

dash_business_card.jpg

Easy enough:

View attachment 1530

Definitely improves visibility. It looks like the current icon also has some transparency baked into it which probably doesn't help either.

View attachment 1531

I had a discussion with Evan, Fernando, and Tungfa on Slack a while back about the colors and we made the decision to change to the strong blue (#1c75bc) over from the old Darkcoin blue (#3397cc). We also commissioned some new graphics to replace the old wavy arrow designs, so this will probably need to integrated into the wallet eventually too. The Facebook page has been updated and I think gives a good idea of the direction of the new designs.

View attachment 1532

View attachment 1533
Nice! I hope you didn't reveal smth secret :grin: Can I have 256x256 version pls?

crowning snogcel
Does wallet ui colors follow official dark blue?

Depends on what's official right now.

If #1c75bc will be the new official color (together with the new GFX-stuff) for v12 we need to change a couple of things.

Since I'm afraid snogcel will kill me when I'd do it myself I'll leave it to him :grin:

Reactions: AjM
That new Wallet Logo looks super cool !

Secret ? what secret ?
The new graphics are being used since 2 month on all social media page banners, all video guides, .....
a new Wallet version is in the making .....
:wink:

Edit:
- the official Twitter account is the last one NOT changed !
- i pinged Props with the new graphics for DCT, but no change yet
everything else should be visually on track

Last edited by a moderator:
Back