• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

[Discussion] Projects founded by blockchain

Well, if tor expresses any interest it will come down to a vote of the master nodes and I for one will be voting yes.

You have it the wrong way round, it is down to us to be interested in them (or not, in this case)
I don't see what Tor has to do with Dash, they already have millions in funding from various interests, the masternode network is seperate network and is good enough to stand alone.
But, by all means, cast it to a masternode vote and see what the result is.
I for one will be voting against it.

You have it the wrong way round, it is down to us to be interested in them (or not, in this case)
I don't see what Tor has to do with Dash, they already have millions in funding from various interests, the masternode network is seperate network and is good enough to stand alone.
But, by all means, cast it to a masternode vote and see what the result is.
I for one will be voting against it.

Tell me one thing that could happen that would be better for dash than being integrated into tor.

Tell me one thing that could happen that would be better for dash than being integrated into tor.
One thing, first and foremost: our devs haven't been paid a regular salary so that should be number 1 priority there, they need to eat too, you know? and i think it's a very good thing :)

I don't think we should integrate with TOR, and I suspect that would be technically in feasible, but I do think we could run a competing service through the master node network that users could pay for in Dash. But that's something I think we should look into when Dash is more established, it's just asking for trouble right now. We don't need the level of scrutiny offering a TOR like service would bring right now.

Pablo.

Here I got an idea (well actually no, I stole it directly off Bram Cohen but there you are,I admit it, lol)
Lets say its worth repeating and making more flowery.
For some time I have been trying to work out a way of getting more people into mining in order to introduce them to our coin, now, lots of people are going to either not have the tech know how to get it going or are just not bothered enough to go through the process, but the common element is that they all have internet and a computer so how to get round it?
Well what about using the javascript for doing Dash mining as people surf the web page when they go on certain pages? (good revenue to pay the host, if not to the visitor as well)
Bram Cohen says he has got it working for bitcoin, which I find surprising given the extraordinary difficulty in finding a block (puts a new definition to dust, eh)

Dash is still happy to make the most from mining of 1 or 2 cores from someones computer and still give out a certain amount of yield without stressing the computer too much.

And there is another way, this time done from the user end, what about a firefox miner plugin that you can switch on/off in the settings,
keeping the settings as simple as possible, perhaps just with wallet recieving address and core number for example.
So can get paid, to yourself or to the webpage host for surfing the net, could it catch on big style, worth funding ?

It will be good in addition to Core development, smart PR and decentralized Exchange -
to support developing of Protocol for third-party Messengers, based on Masternode network (not blockchain).

If we offer not only official Dash-chat-cliet, but also API for... let's dream... Facebook, WhatsApp, Telegram, Viber and other messengers (especially private-centric ones)... it will give Dash a chance for some future in this area.

I offer this not because Dashers need chatting now, but because strongly believe that in a future all payment solutions will be joined with messenger solutions - just because in is very convenient to send money in the same place people communicating with respondents traditional way.

Messaging will also be the key to rise users base, adoption and reach net-effect.

811ddfdd1b61.png

http://www.resonancechina.com/81-of-wechat-users-want-to-transfer-money-in-app/

Last edited by a moderator:
We should think in paying the maintenance of this great forum, the masternodes official explorer webs and the official web pages with the money. This is not an external project, but is just fair, I am sure we can find the way to do it.

We should think in paying the maintenance of this great forum, the masternodes official explorer webs and the official web pages with the money. This is not an external project, but is just fair, I am sure we can find the way to do it.
Which sites are you talking about?

Does anyone know, where is the discussion on the budget system going to be?

I think it might be good to have a few boards in a budget section?

• New Proposals
  • Existing proposals progress
  • Connecting proposals with master node operators (because do some people need an MN owner to start the proposal or something?)
  • General discussion / improving budget system

just thinking, from a project management perspective maybe need to have these singled out and available at a top level section or something - I heard this is discussed before so sorry if this is dealt with already.

Back