• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

V12 Testing Thread

My version in linux download just said 12.0.0 but when I check getinfo it says 120001

I think I am on the correct one? Am I?
Yes I downlaoded 32bit and after getinfo all is OK,
setuping 5 tMNs + other 4 wallets for mixing IXing + DSing :)
Let s put the testnet on fire!

I just finished scanning through the thread, and may have missed it again, but could someone explain to me what test_dashd or a test_dash-qt are?
And finally, what is dash-tx?

Ah, many thank yous!

I'm still not quite "getting" what you can do with the dash-tx, or why you should be able to modify a transaction, but I have a starting point now :p Sorry for failing at propper googling!

Ah, many thank yous!

I'm still not quite "getting" what you can do with the dash-tx, or why you should be able to modify a transaction, but I have a starting point now :p Sorry for failing at propper googling!
run test_dash.exe in dos if you want to play :grin:

LOL, I get a bunch of errors and a failed at the end. Probably did it wrong or else can't run my wallet at the same time :tongue:

I just checked on the faucets and they're empty. To keep people from having to ask for testnet coins on the thread, if everyone who has extra could please send some to:

yGANXSSKNnSGScRfA82wmXQHzwy8185rNN
and
yFZeoGTJqhis1a9miWDgEBxTkdHz3BnQhj

That'd be great :)

Mac user here. What can i do to help with the testing?

p.s. too excited just sit still. Want to contribute so we speed up the process. Apparently, Greece might be facing a capital controls as early as Monday :)

ToD6xMB.png

Jump in, open a test wallet, grab some coins from the faucet (you can see all the testnet tools here) and start denominating, sending/receiving, running a masternode and try mining using the p2pools on that page :)

Welcome, we always need more people on Macs!

EDIT: Also, last page of the testnet tools thread has a quick video on how to set up testnet :)

Jump in, open a test wallet, grab some coins from the faucet (you can see all the testnet tools here) and start denominating, sending/receiving, running a masternode and try mining using the p2pools on that page :)

Welcome, we always need more people on Macs!

EDIT: Also, last page of the testnet tools thread has a quick video on how to set up testnet :)

Got it. On it :)

Lets see now :wink:

Just a reminder. Keep the hashes low!

Hey, guys, if some of you were mining on testnet with gpu for a while and dropped it - please don't. I need to investigate issues from both sides (miners and MNs) to gather more info but I can't compete with you on my old macbook so blockchain is stuck for me now :confused:... please, mine on testnet with few cpus only (if you ever need to) and don't throw lots of hashes there (in terms of testnet ofc) until further testing resuming. Thanks!

--

On a different note, my win-qt got stuck on some block overnight.

Attempting repair wallet -> rebuild index caused a crash.

Restarting the client got it synced again.

--
Am starting up 70 tmns now. Hopefully they'll get synced similarly.
(they were stuck yesterday, so I stopped them)

I switched the naturally derived cow methane injection system off, seems like 2 meg is good to go :grin:

When soloing on testnet I would underclock to just a few hundred kh/s. Just to let the cpu miners keep some of the coin.

Unfortunately, v12 doesn't play well with my sgminer. I can't solo-mine like I could on previous versions for some reason.
(I verified the new rpcallow syntax was correct. Even did a successful 'dash-cli getinfo' from the mining machine using rpcconnect.)

yeah.. hashrate up -> diff up -> miner out -> .... stuck :sad:
I guess it was not the best idea of mine to ask people to stop throwing hashes... someone can (un)intentionally throw some and break testing that way...

Good news: :smile:
thelazier found a bug on miners side https://github.com/dashpay/dash/pull/363 (tnx!) so I guess once we have new binaries we can stop limiting hash and use miners as usual.
There is also a lot of banning in the network due to this bug and some new ping restrictions which should be also fixed now https://github.com/dashpay/dash/pull/364

Back